Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

As ive already said, I have to pay £6 each match from Eastbourne to Lewes, so £138 for all 23 league games. Paying extra isnt much more in comparison to that, at least you get the option to still use free travel, I dont !!
In my opinion, the travel area should include Eastbourne but that's another matter. The issue is if you live in Woodingdean you are under 2 miles from the ground (Eastbourne is about 20) but now have to pay £75 to get the bus to the ground or go completely out your way into central Brighton to get a free bus or train to the stadium.

Apropos Seagulls Travel..

They are not a licensed bus company, but a travel agent. Does anyone know which bus companies they will be using to provide the new Special Bus services?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
In my opinion, the travel area should include Eastbourne but that's another matter. The issue is if you live in Woodingdean you are under 2 miles from the ground (Eastbourne is about 20) but now have to pay £75 to get the bus to the ground or go completely out your way into central Brighton to get a free bus or train to the stadium.

Not totally. If your in Woodingdean, go via the Racecourse and pick up a P&R bus there......though soon they will probably make you have proof pf parking before using P&R buses too !! Extra hassle - yes, but it means you wont need to pay £75.

And as much as Id like Eastbourne in the zone, it would cost even more and lead to another binfest on here !!

They are not a licensed bus company, but a travel agent. Does anyone know which bus companies they will be using to provide the new Special Bus services?

Same pool of operators now Id assume, unless they are to use "normal" buses.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The levy is £2 on every ticket sold, ST or matchday, everyone pays due to the cheating that happened during the first season

There is the £50 travel levy and the charter says there will also be a levy added to match day tickets.

6.6 Travel Levy
A Travel Levy of £50 per season, per adult, for 23 league games will be applied to all season
ticket holders; travel for cup games may also be included in the match ticket price.
The concession price is £25 for under-18s and over-65s. There will also be a levy added to
2013/2014 matchday ticket prices for both home and away fans.
The benefit to all ticket holders will be inclusive, subsidised bus or train travel within the
dedicated zone, subsidised coach travel across all the various coach operators or use of the
Club's park & ride scheme.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
There is the £50 travel levy and the charter says there will also be a levy added to match day tickets.

6.6 Travel Levy
A Travel Levy of £50 per season, per adult, for 23 league games will be applied to all season
ticket holders; travel for cup games may also be included in the match ticket price.
The concession price is £25 for under-18s and over-65s. There will also be a levy added to
2013/2014 matchday ticket prices for both home and away fans.
The benefit to all ticket holders will be inclusive, subsidised bus or train travel within the
dedicated zone, subsidised coach travel across all the various coach operators or use of the
Club's park & ride scheme.

That's what I said wasn't it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PHP:
Time for football's goldfish bowl to look outside at the economy, unemployment figures, lack of inflation matching salary increases and used THAT to adjust prices.

This game of ours will eventually destroy itself at this level. Unless all clubs look at and address player salaries more and more fans will be priced out.

I appreciate the individual clubs saying they need to pay high wages or they won't compete but football as a whole needs to start looking outwards rather than continue this insular approach which is killing our game.

And ultimately what are all the crazy price hikes, booking fees and service cuts for? To pay a bunch of 2nd tier footballers and their agents ever increasing and life changing amounts of money. I'm starting to wonder if its all worth it. Someone quoted a figure of £95 for two adults to watch bloody Millwall in the West Stand Lower; madness.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

What's the betting they will be the same bus operators that were pooled by B&H Buses last season ? All small independents ideally need to keep their vehicles on the road 7 days a week most of the year with schools contracts and rail replacement service work at weekends , running football specials will be a bonus.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And ultimately what are all the crazy price hikes, booking fees and service cuts for? To pay a bunch of 2nd tier footballers and their agents ever increasing and life changing amounts of money. I'm starting to wonder if its all worth it. Someone quoted a figure of £95 for two adults to watch bloody Millwall in the West Stand Lower; madness.

Exactly. Perhaps some players could offer to contribute done of their wages to address the FFP problems...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have some lengthy comments from Paul Barber which will be on my website in the next half hour for anyone interested... Been in dialogue with him regarding these issues since yesterday evening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here