Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have some lengthy comments from Paul Barber which will be on my website in the next half hour for anyone interested... Been in dialogue with him regarding these issues since yesterday evening.

I look forward to reading your blog on this issue.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So some are now thinking legal action and not lambasted like I was over the initial travel tax being enforced - expect the other subsidy to rocket next season to around £100 plus

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well the travel scheme isnt used by the staff or players - thats what I was referring to by the Million pound loss.

I know that, but the loss is not just down to the travel. The travel plan was an integral part of the planning permission and to recoup some of the subsidy, there has been a levy. Clubs are making a loss because of over staffing and exorbitant player wages.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So some are now thinking legal action and not lambasted like I was over the initial travel tax being enforced - expect the other subsidy to rocket next season to around £100 plus

My guess is that the transport levy will go up by £30 a season until the club is no longer subsidising the actual cost.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Exactly. Perhaps some players could offer to contribute done of their wages to address the FFP problems...

Walt - I agree with you wages could come down but after a bit of investigation it seems to be transfer fees and fees to agents that is making the English league teams lose money. In Germany clubs do not spend as much on players and it seems less transfers take place. Players earn as much there they get less TV money but season tickets cost 60-75% less!

One thing they do is to limit season tickets to supporters which obviously means more day tickets - we seem to be doing the opposite we want virtually all season tickets which means the clubs can treat you like crap once they have tied you up for a season

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shall go for 20

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I know that, but the loss is not just down to the travel. The travel plan was an integral part of the planning permission and to recoup some of the subsidy, there has been a levy. Clubs are making a loss because of over staffing and exorbitant player wages.

The club do lose a lot of money paying the travel companies, this switch will not make the club any money at all, just slightly reduce the loss

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The club has lost the right to make everyone pay this tax now they've changed the rules. Simply make everyone pay the cost from P & R buses , car parks to train tickets then the club wouldn't be losing money. £4.75 for a one game travel ticket on top of the levy is just a rip off and for some it is the only way they can get to the AMEX

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If FFP is such a problem then I suspect the Amex must be costing an absolute fortune to run because with 4 x the crowds and loads more income than withdean but apparently no borrowing costs we can't break even

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly. Perhaps some players could offer to contribute done of their wages to address the FFP problems...

And all of Barber's extreme penny pinching and price rises can be totally blown out of the water with one bad signing.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If FFP is such a problem then I suspect the Amex must be costing an absolute fortune to run because with 4 x the crowds and loads more income than withdean but apparently no borrowing costs we can't break even

Barber's salary should be the first thing that gets cut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club has lost the right to make everyone pay this tax now they've changed the rules. Simply make everyone pay the cost from P & R buses , car parks to train tickets then the club wouldn't be losing money. £4.75 for a one game travel ticket on top of the levy is just a rip off and for some it is the only way they can get to the AMEX

This. We're either all in together or not at all. I'd support scrapping the transport levy rather than an weird two tier system.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If you want to play with the big boys you have to spend a bit extra with the pocket money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here