Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
When people talk about the operating costs stated when the stadium opened and what the breakeven point was, they should remember who was the person incharge at the time was and how quickly TB must have realised that costs were out of control because that person was removed and our current head of operations was installed to get costs down.It looks IMO that he's now getting to grips with the situation and we may see more changes , good and bad, in the near future.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The levy goes to all forms of transport, but it does not cover the whole price of all forms of transport

Is that a known fact or are you speculating?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just as a comparison, if the club didn't pay for any transport, a day saver via a key card costs £3.70 which you can use all day on an unlimited number of buses. The club want to charge £3.76 for two journeys. It's even cheaper if you have a phone app for tickets.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No we didnt but I paid the current rate for public transport or drove my car. The cheapest day return without a rail card from Haywards Heath to Falmer is £6.50 so just that alone would be £130 for a 20 home game season

Yes and those from Haywards Heath are only paying the levy, not even the £6.50

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What are you on about? Tb has said he has covered the cost of the stadium in a share issue...so as we are not paying any payback fees, interest etc, then the 15,000 should e the same...ok we have extra seats to steward etc but our on costs would remain about the same, especially as we have just made 18 staff redundant in the offices.

There is annual depreciation on the stadium to take into account now it has been completed , if the write down is over 50 years , 2% of £54M isn't quite the same as 2% of £110M which will now show up in the P&L accounts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder what the uproar would be if the club changed their approach and said that travel in and around Brighton was part of the travel plan ie trains from Brighton station and buses from The Old Steyne and supporters paid the standard prices to get to those points.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Something needed to change with transport costing the club so much. FFP means that every £ counts. The club is going through a systematic process of cost cutting to comply with the new financial rules.

I'm also hoping that the days of £20k+ weekly footballers wages are coming to an end, this is the number one reason why football has become so expensive. The time has come for the players and their leeches to get real.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder what the uproar would be if the club changed their approach and said that travel in and around Brighton was part of the travel plan ie trains from Brighton station and buses from The Old Steyne and supporters paid the standard prices to get to those points.

Read my post above, the club are charging more than the price of a day saver which can be used on an unlimited number of buses throughout the day.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I would willingly pay the correct fare in Brighton but don't charge me a levy on top

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here