Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's fine from Rottingdean but the Peacehaven people only have the 12/A so will either go into town which is 30 mins and then onto Falmer or go to Newhaven via the already overcrowded Seaford train.
Getting home via the buses after an evening game would be a nightmare.

Doesn't the 14 run any more from Peacehaven into Brighton ?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
That's fine from Rottingdean but the Peacehaven people only have the 12/A so will either go into town which is 30 mins and then onto Falmer or go to Newhaven via the already overcrowded Seaford train.

Very true that. Would have to do the bus for evening games.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It does but infrequently. The 12s run along the coast road, even they drop down to every 30 mins after 7pm.
I used to live in Tollgate , if I had an evening shift finishing at 11 and couldn't scrounge a lift , I used to leave work at ten to 11 to catch the last bus , get off on the SCR and walk the last bit in 15 minutes.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That's fine from Rottingdean but the Peacehaven people only have the 12/A so will either go into town which is 30 mins and then onto Falmer

My mate who lives in Peacehaven does that already for midweek games - although we get the train back into town.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But as customers we have the power. Don't use something and the club will have to reduce the price. If everyone refuses to use the new services the club will have to act. If people have no other option, drive. The transport and cost of it is one thing we, as customers, can have the club over a barrel about. If we act as one we will win!

They'll just withdraw the special services as nobody was using but not provide anything else. Scheduled transport will have to pick up the slack which will cause more queues.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
PHP:
Time for football's goldfish bowl to look outside at the economy, unemployment figures, lack of inflation matching salary increases and used THAT to adjust prices.

This game of ours will eventually destroy itself at this level. Unless all clubs look at and address player salaries more and more fans will be priced out.

I appreciate the individual clubs saying they need to pay high wages or they won't compete but football as a whole needs to start looking outwards rather than continue this insular approach which is killing our game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My mate who lives in Peacehaven does that already for midweek games - although we get the train back into town.

Those who live in Woodingdean will either have to pay for the R bus, walk, or go into town and back out again.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
OK just bear with me as I've not read all the hundreds of posts on this but the club have curtailed a service which wasn't a regular service (runs everyday) like the rest of the buses on matchday and now wants you to pay for it, like all those who have to outside the zone. I take it that you can still travel free on the regular services inside the travel zone so what they're asking you to pay now for is something that they laid on as an extra on top of the regular services, if this is correct then you got a good deal for the last 2 seasons.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well, I'll be driving to the P & R at the Racecourse, as I suspect will many others who have been walking to Rottingdean Tescos to get the R bus. I'm not paying that much extra for me and my son.

The R bus worked fine. I don't want a scheduled departure time from the Amex. I want to leave when I chose to.

I will be amazed if there is a lot of take up for this horribly over-priced scheme. It will not help at all, and will increase traffic chaos as more head for the P & R or trains, or get dropped off at the ground.

Gutted about this.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
PHP:
Time for football's goldfish bowl to look outside at the economy, unemployment figures, lack of inflation matching salary increases and used THAT to adjust prices.

This game of ours will eventually destroy itself at this level. Unless all clubs look at and address player salaries more and more fans will be priced out.

I appreciate the individual clubs saying they need to pay high wages or they won't compete but football as a whole needs to start looking outwards rather than continue this insular approach which is killing our game.
Walt you have been in discussions with the club over this transport issue. Did you by chance talk about fans who may want to cancel their season ticket as they have broken the charter?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I believe we only have four midweek home league games this season, unless any have been moved to a weekday for Sky (?), as the FL wanted to get more games on Saturdays. So add in League Cup games and FA Cup replays, and the total will be five. Only joking of course, but it should mean possibly three or so less midweek games ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will you please stop saying £50 subsidy, it is £80. £30 last year and £50 this.

I am a pensioner and cannot keep up with all this, will they refund my season ticket money, as they have broken the club charter that existed when I renewed my St.

If, like me, you are a pensioner it shouldn't affect you as you can use your concessionary bus pass, assuming that you have one. If the club put up the prices I will just stop using the subsidized travel, which I am sure many in my position would also do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If, like me, you are a pensioner it shouldn't affect you as you can use your concessionary bus pass, assuming that you have one.

It's not so much the cost, but in some cases will an an hour to the journey, although the cost is bad enough.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OK just bear with me as I've not read all the hundreds of posts on this but the club have curtailed a service which wasn't a regular service (runs everyday) like the rest of the buses on matchday and now wants you to pay for it, like all those who have to outside the zone. I take it that you can still travel free on the regular services inside the travel zone so what they're asking you to pay now for is something that they laid on as an extra on top of the regular services, if this is correct then you got a good deal for the last 2 seasons.

Basically you've got it in one. The Special buses will still run but the club is not prepared to prop up the shortfall between the transport levy and actual cost of providing the service. What is currently unknown is the number of former passengers migrating to regular buses serving Falmer , using the train or P&R instead , using their own vehicle , car sharing , staying at home etc etc.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

These laid on services you talk of, must have been on the transport plans that they used for gaining planning consent?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Basically you've got it in one. The Special buses will still run but the club is not prepared to prop up the shortfall between the transport levy and actual cost of providing the service. What is currently unknown is the number of former passengers migrating to regular buses serving Falmer , using the train or P&R instead , using their own vehicle , car sharing , staying at home etc etc.

Ok give those fans their transport levy back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Southern Railway run an extra shuttle train between Brighton & Lewes on match days but don't charge extra for it. There were extra buses laid on when we played at Withdean but weren't charged for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here