Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
How can Bayern Munich give free train travel on a season ticket that costs between £105 - £561 when their players earn same or more than ours and their TV money is less and their matchday income is less?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'll just get a bus into town from Rottingdean and change onto the Falmer bus, or grab a pint. A shame the direct 'free' service has gone though.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Not really subsidised is it!
Considering a day saver on a bus is £3.90 which allows you to get ANY bus as many times as you want all day £4.75 is an absolute rip off. Anyone who uses it is just pandering to the money men who think it is ok to charge that much.

But then again you can get from HH and BH on the train for nothing, that's quite a deal when you are paying less than £2.50 a game for the subsidy

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't know the routes but are there many that will only be able to get to The Amex by using the new pay service. There is no other alternative at all but to pay?

Train is still 'free' - well, it is included in the £50 levy.... for now.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Only having the new bus option must be the only reason people will use it. I can not imagine why you would otherwise. I am going to use the park and ride now instead of the bus.

Well many people pay to use Seagulls Travel coaches now from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath and Hassocks instead of the free trains, it's a matter of choice and ease, knowing your seat is reserved and there's no queuing etc. Lots less walking and getting home earlier are worth paying for for many

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
£75 extra on top of season ticket which already includes a £50 travel subsidy and was advertised and sold as including free travel on the special bus routes is AN ABSOLUTE ****ING JOKE.

Will you please stop saying £50 subsidy, it is £80. £30 last year and £50 this.

I am a pensioner and cannot keep up with all this, will they refund my season ticket money, as they have broken the club charter that existed when I renewed my St.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Every penny that the Club paid B&H Buses to provide the "Special Services" for the past two seasons came out of the income from season ticket sales. Or do people imagine that B&H Buses ran these services (with no cash income from fares) for nothing?

A "supporter contribution" can mean nothing else but an extra cash payment being required from the passengers that use the Special Buses, even though they've already paid the transport levy that is included in the ticket price.
So the contribution included in the season ticket pays for scheduled services and an additional contributions is required for the special services. Does not sound stupid. When I drive I use P&R (paid for in the season ticket) but I could pay more for a car park.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will you please stop saying £50 subsidy, it is £80. £30 last year and £50 this.

I am a pensioner and cannot keep up with all this, will they refund my season ticket money, as they have broken the club charter that existed when I renewed my St.

It is £50. "The travel subsidy for using public transport is also going up by £20 to £50 for adults and from £15 to £25 for concessions" - The Argus Feb 23rd 2013.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It is £50. "The travel subsidy for using public transport is also going up by £20 to £50 for adults and from £15 to £25 for concessions" - The Argus Feb 23rd 2013.

Whatever it is I feel cheated and frankly I now have had enough of the club, I have followed for 56 years. This all coming out just as the season is about to begin.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You have followed them for 56 years and this is the time you have had enough and are going to stop supporting, that's a real shame

Yes it is, but things like Gas and Elec comes first not entertainment.
I could continue going by using my bus pass, which will triple my jouney time each way and frankly I just can't be bothered anymore.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll just get a bus into town from Rottingdean and change onto the Falmer bus, or grab a pint. A shame the direct 'free' service has gone though.

That's fine from Rottingdean but the Peacehaven people only have the 12/A so will either go into town which is 30 mins and then onto Falmer or go to Newhaven via the already overcrowded Seaford train.
Getting home via the buses after an evening game would be a nightmare.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Would you have done the same if we had gone up and prices for seats had risen more than £4

Probably. I was dreading us getting promoted as I think the price of our seats would have gone through Gus's roof. But I did comfort myself by knowing I could have watched every game on the PC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here