Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So it's says £75 for the season but when you try and book it's £125 plus an extra amount dependent on how far you live.
Have I missed something?

it will be £75 for the new buses, Seagulls travel operate throughout the county and the furthest away will pay £125 which will still represent value.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Unanimous Support for Amex Travel Plans

Plus £1 booking fee
:laugh:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

Seagulls travel operate throughout the county and the furthest away will pay £125 which will still represent value.

No - the closest (of the existing routes) pays £125, the furthest away pays £270.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At the moment the Seagulls Travel website says prices start at £75 (which is for the new routes). It's not showing any other prices on my browser at the moment, as no pick up points are listed. I may well be looking in the wrong place.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

At the moment the Seagulls Travel website says prices start at £75 (which is for the new routes). It's not showing any other prices on my browser at the moment, as no pick up points are listed. I may well be looking in the wrong place.

I'm talking about the existing (last season) routes which you said we're £125 per season for the furthest away. They're not - the £125 is for the closest pick-up locations. There is a surcharge, of up to £145, for more distant areas.

(This has nothing to do with the new Seagulls Travel routes - I'm just correcting what you were saying about the old routes.)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm talking about the existing (last season) routes which you said we're £125 per season for the furthest away. They're not - the £125 is for the closest pick-up locations. There is a surcharge, of up to £145, for more distant areas.

(This has nothing to do with the new Seagulls Travel routes - I'm just correcting what you were saying about the old routes.)

Fair point. I stand corrected.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If You get the regular, scheduled buses and trains then it won't cost you anything more. :shrug:

Which for me would involve over an extra hour each way. I am tempted to drive and park in Hollingbury and catch the 24 to the Hikers that someone else has mentioned. Would somewhat defeat the aim of getting people out of their cars though.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Which for me would involve over an extra hour each way. I am tempted to drive and park in Hollingbury and catch the 24 to the Hikers that someone else has mentioned. Would somewhat defeat the aim of getting people out of their cars though.

Surely there a bus from your area to a train station ? Should speed it up a bit.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Some details on the new pick up locations (Apologies if fixtures. Couldn't see this posted anywhere):

Exciting News – The Seagull Travel service is growing!

Match day Bus Service

We are pleased to formally announce our new service which will compliment the existing and popular coach service. After extensive discussions with Brighton and Hove Albion, we are launching the ‘Match day Bus’ service.

The service is to replace the Football Specials however we are expanding the service with the aim of getting as many Seagull supporters utilising this sustainable travel approach.

As is common with our service you must pre-book your Match day Bus seat which will ensure you have a seat waiting for you when the bus arrives at your pick up location.

You can book a travel season ticket for the season, from as little as £3.26 (£75 season) or match by match (subject to availability) at £3.75 plus £1 booking fee each time.

The list of pick up locations are:

Shoreham Beach, including- Waterside Inn Pub and Mardyke,

Shoreham, including Shoreham High Street - Suters Yard, Middle Road / Sullington Way and Middle Road / Stoney Lane

Southwick, including Bottom of the Green bus stop, Southwick Community Centre, Top of Hadrian Ave/ O S rd bus stop

Portslade, including Southern X lights bus stop O S Rd, Old Village bus stop, Train station bus stop and Portland Road bus stop.

Mile Oak , including Valley Road shops, Warrior Close Foredown

Hangleton, including Valley Drive Downsview, Valley Drive Northfield Rise, Downsman bus stop, Burwash Road / Poynings Drive, Greenacres / Westway and Grenadier

Hove, including Portland Road bus stop Sackville Rd, Blatchington Road bus stop Goldstone Villas, Train Station, Cromwell Road, Stadium Pub, Dugard’s bus stop O S Rd, Upper Drive Top of Hove Goldstone Cresent / Woodland Drive, Woodruff Ave /Shirley Drive

Brighton, including Seven Dials top of New England Hill, Preston Circus bus stop Preston Rd and Fiveways Hollingdean Road,

Hollingdean, including Hollingdean/ Burstead Close and Bottom of Hollingdean/Bottom Davey Drive.

Patcham, including Top of Valley Drive bus stop, Withdean Stadium bus stop, Bus stop Carden Ave / Graham Ave and Bus stop Sainsbury’s Carden Ave

Whitehawk, including Bus Garage bus stop, Whitehawk Shops Whitehawk Road and Swanborough Drive Playground

Seaford Train Station

Newhaven including Elim’s Church

Peacehaven including NatWest Bank and Telscombe Cliffs Wimpy bus stop

Saltdean, including Saltdean Lustrell’s Vale shops and Saltdean Lido

Ovingdean White Hart bus stop

Rottingdean, including opp Chailey Ave and Cowley Drive

Lower Woodingdean, including Cowley Drive Shops, Cowley Drive / Foxdean, Sussex Nuffield bus stop and Downs Hotel, Falmer Road

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You can book a travel season ticket for the season, from as little as £3.26 (£75 season) or match by match (subject to availability) at £3.75 plus £1 booking fee each time.

£4.75 a game on top of the £50 travel levy. WOW.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
£75 extra on top of season ticket which already includes a £50 travel subsidy and was advertised and sold as including free travel on the special bus routes is AN ABSOLUTE ****ING JOKE.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
There's plenty of us who live outside the free travel boundaries that have been paying extra for quite a while now, whether by trains or coaches.

We've all been paying over and above the transport levy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I take it the 50 is for the park and ride busses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here