Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare a thought for The Major...

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
To be far if you study attendances, certainly league one they have a massive bearing on league position, with the odd exception. Look at the teams that got relegated they had a season average which was poor. You will now get jcl/plastics following you next season, which is ironic.

I do think you and Hull are the weak links and will come straight back down... I am still shocked you staggered into the play offs and got promoted, I honestly can't see worzel keeping you up and can see your fans turning on him after a few games. You seem to be very much a confidence team and you will take some big knocks (I hope).

We will struggle no doubt but how many times do we have to be written off this season and bounce back before any credit is given?
Fair play to a lot of members on here they have given a little credit to us but you, Blue Valkyrie and the Major are just so biased sometimes it's unbelievable. Despite what you think we are a family club run by fan's who can't believe that we have got there.
As I have said in posts before we aren't so dissimilar as clubs but the comments on here in the last two/three year's since you've moved to the Amex is crossing the line into arrogance. When you're fans(don't know if you were there or not) started singing "we will never play you again" at the end of the Play off first leg at Selhurst was ridiculous and that's what breeds contempt.

We will struggle no doubt but how many times do we have to be written off this season and bounce back before any credit is given?
Fair play to a lot of members on here they have given a little credit to us but you, Blue Valkyrie and the Major are just so biased sometimes it's unbelievable. Despite what you think we are a family club run by fan's who can't believe that we have got there.
As I have said in posts before we aren't so dissimilar as clubs but the comments on here in the last two/three year's since you've moved to the Amex is crossing the line into arrogance. When you're fans(don't know if you were there or not) started singing "we will never play you again" at the end of the Play off first leg at Selhurst was ridiculous and that's what breeds contempt.

I was at Selhurst - didnt hear "we will never play you again" but we did sing "were the famous Brighton & Hove Albion and we're going to Wembley" however I was dodging the bottles being lobbed by the Palace scum - so forgive me if I hold your fans in contempt.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I was at Selhurst - however I was dodging the bottles being lobbed by the Palace scum - so forgive me if I hold your fans in contempt.

Sorry about that old bean, it slipped from my grasp, honest .

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
:timmy:

Hey don't get me wrong you did very well this season and worzel got it spot on. I'm not too sure if the problems in the back ground overcast things for us, we didn't turn up or you were just better than us, but don't expect any congratulations from me, I am too narrow minded and live in a cave for all that.

Thanks for pigeon holing me with these other posters, I will have to have a read their posts they sound alright.
:lol:

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
I was at Selhurst - didnt hear "we will never play you again" but we did sing "were the famous Brighton & Hove Albion and we're going to Wembley" however I was dodging the bottles being lobbed by the Palace scum - so forgive me if I hold your fans in contempt.

Hat's off to you Major for stepping into our shit hole, Did you go through the verucca bath before you wen't into the away end? Seriously, I was there as well and I heard you lot singing about how you were going up and I can understand why, however calling Palace supporters scum is a generalisation and I would put it to you that you are a homosexual...is that correct?

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
:timmy:

Hey don't get me wrong you did very well this season and worzel got it spot on. I'm not too sure if the problems in the back ground overcast things for us, we didn't turn up or you were just better than us, but don't expect any congratulations from me, I am too narrow minded and live in a cave for all that.

Thanks for pigeon holing me with these other posters, I will have to have a read their posts they sound alright.
:lol:

That's ok, if you like maths lessons I know a great guy. The Major runs classes from 6.00am to... well, forever really

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Ah. The wonderful sound of back pedalling. So not 26,400 capacity - how low can you go ?

To back-pedal, would I not have had to have claimed a 26k capacity in the first place? You were so consumed with being 'right', that you don't know how wrong you are. Please stop peacocking and answer my question: you hold attendance so highly, what has Brighton achieved with all the extra bums on seats over Palace?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To back-pedal, would I not have had to have claimed a 26k capacity in the first place? You were so consumed with being 'right', that you don't know how wrong you are. Please stop peacocking and answer my question: you hold attendance so highly, what has Brighton achieved with all the extra bums on seats over Palace?

I can answer that-for the now,until the act gets sorted out on the filed of play,much needed repair to our fan base,gates will probably remain over 15,000 for at least 10 years,so long term championship or not,the future bodes well.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
I can answer that-for the now,until the act gets sorted out on the filed of play,much needed repair to our fan base,gates will probably remain over 15,000 for at least 10 years,so long term championship or not,the future bodes well.

A grounded response, at last...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A grounded response, at last...

Establishment at this level,for me anyway is the aim,we really should over the years have been at this level more often,but make no mistake Brighton could attract gates of 40000 plus in the premier for the big games right now,if Falmer held it,but after all we have been through in terms of grounds or lack of etc,getting crowds back to the "Brighton 100 year home all time average" of just under 12,000" when we left the Goldstone is where it is at..

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
I'm afraid not, it appears that all Cardiff, Hull and Palace were aiming for this year was fourth. We should be so disappointed with fifth.

Fifth is the new 6th it would seem! God damn it, I wasted £55 on a day at Wembley for nothing :tantrum:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
People clearly don't think before they type on here.

Where's the fun in that...........type first and answer questions after

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here