Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare a thought for The Major...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
26,000, in the Premier League - how marvellous.

Mind you according to a poster on BBS the capacity next season maybe a bit less - "I believe the effective capacity is c23,700 due to buffer zones at front of away fans and to the side and restricted view tickets that do not go on sale." :lolol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I only follow one team also (since 1971). On a legal technicality you've only been following Palace for 3 years as your history only goes back to when CPFC2010 bought the club from the administrators :thumbsup:

Followed The mighty Eagles from 69, two administrations and a lot of heartache , I wouldn't want it no other way.
It makes the highs even more memorable.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh, you've visited the Selhurst press facilities then, I see ...

I had to laugh when Johnny Cantor mentioned live on air the rats scurrying about in the press box at the December game :smile:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mind you according to a poster on BBS the capacity next season maybe a bit less - "I believe the effective capacity is c23,700 due to buffer zones at front of away fans and to the side and restricted view tickets that do not go on sale." :lolol:

The worst restricted view seats don't go on sale because they are in the press box. Although I understand the Premier League have told Palace to give the media seats from which a reasonable sight of the pitch can be had.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Followed The mighty Eagles from 69, two administrations and a lot of heartache , I wouldn't want it no other way.

and the lows even more unbearable :cry:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Without wishig to be pedantic, Palace weren't given the made-up "Eagles" name until 1973, when they also abandoned decades of history by dropping their traditional claret and blue and trying to look like Barcelona.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Without wishig to be pedantic, Palace weren't given the made-up "Eagles" name until 1973, when they abandoned decades of history by dropping their traditional claret and blue and trying to look like Barcelona.

Didn't they drop the "Glaziers" nickname because everybody else thought they were a pane in the glass ???

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Without wishig to be pedantic, Palace weren't given the made-up "Eagles" name until 1973, when they abandoned decades of history by dropping their traditional claret and blue and trying to look like Barcelona.

Without being pedantic, didnt you drop the dolphins nickname to copy the Eagles nickname with seagulls ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Without being pedantic, didnt you drop the dolphins nickname to copy the Eagles nickname with seagulls ?

We were "The Shrimps" before we were "The Dolphins". Mind you the Aquarium just over the road from the Palace Pier (now the Brighton Pier) became the Dolphinarium before ending up as the Sea Life Centre.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Didn't they drop the "Glaziers" nickname because everybody else thought they were a pane in the glass ???

Nice one Soggy !
Just came home from the Palace beer festival, 2000 Palace fans celebrating a great season.
Rumours circulating we are going for a good defensive midfielder from a championship team, any ideas ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nice one Soggy !
Just came home from the Palace beer festival, 2000 Palace fans celebrating a great season.
Rumours circulating we are going for a good defensive midfielder from a championship team, any ideas ?

Bridcutt by any chance ? Norwich and Southampton are also sniffing around according to unsubstantiated rumours.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Over 23000 season tickets sold so I imagine our crowds will somehow hold up even though the 'first season factor' you lot confidently talked about has now turned to three, but don't let that worry you. How many have you sold?

If that's true then fair play to you, and you're right there would be no 2nd or 3rd season syndrome - no idea why I went there or got involved in the attendances debate - you get more people turning up than we do and that's how it is.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
I take it you are VinceHilairesArse*ole from the BBS - the gentleman who resides in America and hasn't attended a Palace game since the 1990's ? - enough said.

And it response to the tw@t who keeps asking what the 10k extra supporters we get per match has done for us - kept us out of Administration and allowed us to play in the best stadium in the world. No waddling through piss for us every other Saturday.

Now gentleman answer me this - where are your extra 25,000 supporters going to come from when you build this 40k capacity stadium?

Major has boo boos. I've been to more Brighton games than you have. Kissy kissy.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Bridcutt by any chance ? Norwich and Southampton are also sniffing around according to unsubstantiated rumours.

Could you have a word with your sources for us and clarify the situation , Bridders would be a useful addition to the squad .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
26,000, in the Premier League - how marvellous.

Not every game , only the biggies !
I do envy your crowds though , your the best supported club outside the top flight !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I take it you are VinceHilairesArse*ole from the BBS - the gentleman who resides in America and hasn't attended a Palace game since the 1990's ? - enough said.

And it response to the tw@t who keeps asking what the 10k extra supporters we get per match has done for us - kept us out of Administration and allowed us to play in the best stadium in the world. No waddling through piss for us every other Saturday.

Now gentleman answer me this - where are your extra 25,000 supporters going to come from when you build this 40k capacity stadium?

:) he's losing it :tantrum:

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

We are better than you deal with it ,i wish we had your crowds and then lost our biggest match for years at home to our biggest and only rivals ,be a man and front up and stop being some Trainspotting retard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here