Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare a thought for The Major...

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
I shall look forward to seeing 26,400 for each of your home games then. I should imagine we will get more than that for the visit of Yeovil.:thumbsup:

That's only the capacity if you don't include the neutral zones, which have helped keep down our policing and stewarding costs - apparently the revenue generated by filling the neutral zone is less than cost of the extra security needed. So, there have been sell out games this season - you won't see 26,400 for any game, while a neutral zone is being used. However, I expect that this will change next season, due to the extra revenue from higher ticket prices and the increased demand.

On a separate, but related note, have you ever read any of your own posts back? You cling onto attendance like it is the holy-grail, when it has proven to be far far from it. Do me a favour and give me your thoughts on what your extra attendance has actually achieved for you? From what I can see, your club may be getting more in through the gate (for now), but has posted more financial losses that Palace for two seasons with a third on the way. In addition, you've needlessly thrown money at an aging playing squad that either don't want to be there (Vicente) or you don't own (Bridge, Upson).

Enlighten me, Major. I would love to hear your thoughts on how Brighton are doing off the field and how all those extra bums on seats are working out for you.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Too much emphasis on the term 'plastics' by fans of both clubs.

I'll wager that the vast majority of Palace fans who return to Palace next season will be lapsed fans, gloryhunters, call them what you will - but they will have been to Palace games before. I doubt the same can be said of Brighton's new fans, but that is largely irrelevant. 30,000 crowds are a fine achievement, and will be guaranteed in the Premier League. If you don't get promoted, and still have 30,000 crowds in three year's time, that will be even more of an achievement.

Football fans are notoriously fickle, and the true yardstick of support is not to be taken amidst the backdrop of new stadiums, major investment and promotions, but when the going is tough.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
BTW - thanks for all the support from my fella Albion "fans" - good to know whose side you are on.

I speak only for myself, but I judge people by the content of what they say and how they come across. Not by the colour of their replica shirt.

You seem to be fuelled only by a hatred of Palace and I find that sad. There's more to life than that. Tiddliwinks for example. Carry on as you wish, obviously, but you expect people to support your boring obsession with Palace? It is pathetic alot of the time.

I wouldn't expect support on my anti-Wigan tirade. But I wouldn't have a little whinge about it... while carrying it on!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Everyone said that would be the case with Ollie's Blackpool and they came within 30 minutes of survial. Even if we do come down, we will make at least £120 million. This TRANSFORMS us.
What into...someone who can pay their debts to the people you screwed in your two administrations...?....you got your promotion and well done...albeit from a player you sold...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That's only the capacity if you don't include the neutral zones, which have helped keep down our policing and stewarding costs - apparently the revenue generated by filling the neutral zone is less than cost of the extra security needed. So, there have been sell out games this season - you won't see 26,400 for any game, while a neutral zone is being used. However, I expect that this will change next season, due to the extra revenue from higher ticket prices and the increased demand.

On a separate, but related note, have you ever read any of your own posts back? You cling onto attendance like it is the holy-grail, when it has proven to be far far from it. Do me a favour and give me your thoughts on what your extra attendance has actually achieved for you? From what I can see, your club may be getting more in through the gate (for now), but has posted more financial losses that Palace for two seasons with a third on the way. In addition, you've needlessly thrown money at an aging playing squad that either don't want to be there (Vicente) or you don't own (Bridge, Upson).

Enlighten me, Major. I would love to hear your thoughts on how Brighton are doing off the field and how all those extra bums on seats are working out for you.
Far better than your two admins,groupons...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Which baffles me how you can afford phillips, murray and then taking the highest earner in dobbie, all players reportedly we couldn't afford.

It does piss me of when clubs cheat there way to success ala Southampton.

You were begging poverty only a few seasons back now lording it aye? Something has to give and when you drop out of the big time Charles and spend the cash on your stadium improvements will you be begging again?

Think of St John's a bit earlier this time.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Which baffles me how you can afford phillips, murray and then taking the highest earner in dobbie, all players reportedly we couldn't afford.

You were begging poverty only a few seasons back now lording it aye? Something has to give and when you drop out of the big time Charles and spend the cash on your stadium improvements will you be begging again?

I thought Southampton when coming out of Admin did in fact pay all monies owed to their creditors, unlike the three P's (Palace, Portsmouth and Plymouth) who did cheat in the eyes of the FA.
Confirmed here http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=13120

Last edited:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

I thought your fans said that it wasn't that you couldn't afford Murray it was that you couldn't afford to have him and waste millions on CMS?
I hope that most the money is used on improving the ground, paying off all debts and then reinvesting in the academy as its our youngsters who are the most exciting thing about Palace.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Will that be the same way the Prem millions transformed Bradford? or Barnsley? or Burnley? what about Portsmouth?

Prize money seems to go up each year but this year it is a significant jump, money for promotion to the Prem this year is double what it was last year. Whichever way you look at it, £120 million (which is the bare minimum we will pocket) is a massive amount of cash.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

What baffles me is, with Brightons massive crowds and pie comsumption and beer flowing like Niagra,they still posted 8 million pounds trading loss.
Yet Palace whos crowds number just a handful and a ground that has all but fallen down, with players earning hundreds of thousands a week , yet they made a trading loss of only 3 million.

Something must have gone very wrong at Brighton and yet a few of their fans still gaze up the A23 for signs of trouble!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What baffles me is, with Brightons massive crowds and pie comsumption and beer flowing like Niagra,they still posted 8 million pounds trading loss.
Yet Palace whos crowds number just a handful and a ground that has all but fallen down, with players earning hundreds of thousands a week , yet they made a trading loss of only 3 million.

Something must have gone very wrong at Brighton and yet a few of their fans still gaze up the A23 for signs of trouble!!

We are not allowed to speculate on anything now. The positive is we now have a new more experienced CEO who has brought in the massive AMEX sponsorship deal for next year with more on the way.

Last edited:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Most new business`s will move heaven and earth to try and not make a lot of money for a few years ,they have had huge expenditure to begin with and would be silly to not make the most of it ,why pay Mr Taxman when you can spend it on the stadium etc .And Brighton and Hove Albion are hardly going to shout this from the roof tops !!!!

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012

The Major or Malcom as I like to think he's called (possbly angry Malc to his real life friend) is taking a very long time to reply to your valid point: Attendances = Premier league. discuss?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The Major or Malcom as I like to think he's called (possbly angry Malc to his real life friend) is taking a very long time to reply to your valid point: Attendances = Premier league. discuss?

To be far if you study attendances, certainly league one they have a massive bearing on league position, with the odd exception. Look at the teams that got relegated they had a season average which was poor. You will now get jcl/plastics following you next season, which is ironic.

I do think you and Hull are the weak links and will come straight back down... I am still shocked you staggered into the play offs and got promoted, I honestly can't see worzel keeping you up and can see your fans turning on him after a few games. You seem to be very much a confidence team and you will take some big knocks (I hope).

Ah. The wonderful sound of back pedalling. So not 26,400 capacity - how low can you go ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Carry on with the attendances Major........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here