Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare a thought for The Major...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We won't go mad . Keep some money for the stadium and spend sensibly on good Players who fit in with our team structure . If we go down so be it we got there .

Once improvements are made to Selhurst there will be ongoing maintenance costs to deal with or will it be allowed to go to rack and ruin again ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Expenditure for Year 3 at The Amex has been reined in by the CEO so we can abide by FFP rules , there will be a loss but it won't be anywhere near £8M. Do the creditors from the 2010 administration receive an ex-gratia payment as Palace have been promoted into the Premier League ? (Portsmouth FC creditors will receive an additional payment if Pompey return to the top division within 10 years)
I don't think the creditors will get any of it , maybe someone know the ins and outs of it all .

Alright 5 Zero :thumbsup:

I'm all set up on the signature front and ready for the next season. I don't normally compare the two clubs when they are not in the same Div , as it's not a level playing field. However, I reckon next season will be the first time that the Albion average a higher home attendance than Palace while playing in a lower league.

Really looking forward to thousands of your "new" fans spewing out early of the Grim Groupon when you fall 0-4 down to Stoke. No excuses when it happens as we all know that your fans are red & blue through and through and always stay & sing to the end. :whistle:

Could be the funniest Premier season of all time - if anyone can Feck up £120m it's got to be Palace.:lolol:

BTW - thanks for all the support from my fella Albion "fans" - good to know whose side you are on.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Once improvements are made to Selhurst there will be ongoing maintenance costs to deal with or will it be allowed to go to rack and ruin again ?

Again I don't know grimbo . I think it will be a quick fix this close season then re build bits the following close season . It doesn't bother me about the state of selhurst , yes it's old and dated , but it's got a certain charm about it . It always makes me smile that a lot of you on here seem more troubled about the state of selhurst than us .

Again I don't know grimbo . I think it will be a quick fix this close season then re build bits the following close season . It doesn't bother me about the state of selhurst , yes it's old and dated , but it's got a certain charm about it . It always makes me smile that a lot of you on here seem more troubled about the state of selhurst than us .

It's a disgrace - if the Prem let you in with the Arthur Wait in its current condition then I give up. It is quite literally a death trap. Farming it out to opposition fans just tells you everything you need to know about Palace as a Club.

The Withdean was low budget but it was not dangerous.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's a disgrace - if the Prem let you in with the Arthur Wait in its current condition then I give up. It is quite literally a death trap. Farming it out to opposition fans just tells you everything you need to know about Palace as a Club.

As I said phallus were not bothered .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
At least you won't have to put yourself at risk next season.
Keep up the stats !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As I said phallus were not bothered .

Only needs the Health & Safety Executive to get involved and next thing you know the Arthur Wait stand is condemned as unfit for purpose. Does the Premier League allow wooden bench seats as acceptable seating ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Only needs the Health & Safety Executive to get involved and next thing you know the Arthur Wait stand is condemned as unfit for purpose. Does the Premier League allow wooden bench seats as acceptable seating ?

I've no idea , I've heard we are putting brand new plastic ones in due to some being smashed and stolen by disgruntled away fans .

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Alright 5 Zero :thumbsup:

I'm all set up on the signature front and ready for the next season. I don't normally compare the two clubs when they are not in the same Div , as it's not a level playing field. However, I reckon next season will be the first time that the Albion average a higher home attendance than Palace while playing in a lower league.

Really looking forward to thousands of your "new" fans spewing out early of the Grim Groupon when you fall 0-4 down to Stoke. No excuses when it happens as we all know that your fans are red & blue through and through and always stay & sing to the end. :whistle:

Could be the funniest Premier season of all time - if anyone can Feck up £120m it's got to be Palace.:lolol:

BTW - thanks for all the support from my fella Albion "fans" - good to know whose side you are on.

Hardly a level playing field Major old boy, our ground only holds 26,400 therefore there will be plenty of games where we sell out and will be literally turning away thousands...thousands I tell ya! :clap2:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Farming it out to opposition fans? You're placed there for the very simple reason that we wouldn't trust away fans to be below our boxes. Having seen the pathetic way some (not all) of your fans have behaved when sat in that section shows thats done with good reasoning. Apparently this is one fo the things they are looking to change when Selhurst is redeveloped.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Farming it out to opposition fans? You're placed there for the very simple reason that we wouldn't trust away fans to be below our boxes. Having seen the pathetic way some (not all) of your fans have behaved when sat in that section shows thats done with good reasoning. Apparently this is one fo the things they are looking to change when Selhurst is redeveloped.
Is it due to be a total rebuild done stage by stage or will you keep any of the existing ones? I guess you'd all prefer to keep the Holmesdale?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Is it due to be a total rebuild done stage by stage or will you keep any of the existing ones? I guess you'd all prefer to keep the Holmesdale?

Would have thought the club will do one stand at a time starting with either the main stand or the Arthur Wait. The Holmesdale road stand is fine and has decent bars and facilities, Just needs a super soaker in there every so often to mop up the lake under the stand. :)

The Whitehorse land end where the executive boxes are has been designed so that another tier could be added. I wouldn't be surprised to see this end made into the away fans section at some point.

Hardly a level playing field Major old boy, our ground only holds 26,400 therefore there will be plenty of games where we sell out and will be literally turning away thousands...thousands I tell ya! :clap2:

Nice to see someone from Palace finally admit to the capacity of Selhurst. So your figure confirms that you failed to sell out any matches in the last two seasons - including a Cup Semi final & a Play Off semi Final.

The only people you will be turning away next season is away fans. Tinpot support.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Nice to see someone from Palace finally admit to the capacity of Selhurst. So your figure confirms that you failed to sell out any matches in the last two seasons - including a Cup Semi final & a Play Off semi Final.

The only people you will be turning away next season is away fans. Tinpot support.

No Maj, it'll be sell out central, you know it, and i know it! Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City all coming to the fortress, it's the stuff of dreams :rock:

No Maj, it'll be sell out central, you know it, and i know it! Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City all coming to the fortress, it's the stuff of dreams :rock:

I shall look forward to seeing 26,400 for each of your home games then. I should imagine we will get more than that for the visit of Yeovil.:thumbsup:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I shall look forward to seeing 26,400 for each of your home games then. I should imagine we will get more than that for the visit of Yeovil.:thumbsup:

As i've said, that will hardly be our fault, our ground holds less than yours. Thousands will be left disappointed :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here