Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare a thought for The Major...

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
His dull and tedious one trick pony posts about our attendances are now worthless! Selhurst will be rocking with over 26,000 next season as we entertain the elite of English football :wave:

Really, are you giving an away allocation of 15000 then ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think we are being a little hard on The Major.
What you don't understand is the hour upon hour he spends collating his figures, a lesser man would have given up a long time ago. He's obviously hurting, so please be gentle on him :wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm glad you're pleased with this. Personally I'd prefer watching my team play United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Newcastle etc at my tin pot little stadium than watching Yeovil at your wonderful expensive soulless ground :)

There is a difference in watching your team being slaughtered every week and watching your team putting up some resistance. As I've said for the past 2 years , you have to learn to walk before you can run and Palace will have to spend mega money drafting in a dozen new players who will only be there for the money.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Selhurst will be rocking with over 26,000 next season as we entertain the elite of English football :wave:

Norwich, Stoke, Cardiff, Swansea, Fulham, West Ham, West Brom, Sunderland, Hull. Yes the real 'elite' of English, if not European, football. Without one of your Groupon deals you can't be overly confident of selling out for any of those fixtures barring maybe West Ham with their fans in the home stands. I'll give you that for Man Utd/Arsenal etc. you're almost guaranteed to sell out - just make sure you've got the following sign up at Selhurst: 'Anyone wearing Man Utd/Arsenal/Spurs/City/Liverpool shirts in the home stands will be ejected'

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'm glad you're pleased with this. Personally I'd prefer watching my team play United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Newcastle etc at my tin pot little stadium than watching Yeovil at your wonderful expensive soulless ground :)

Cheer up, you'll be playing Yeovil next season too, in your tin pot little stadium !!!

Just remember, we shall still be selling out against bottom-half Championship sides, where as you will only sell out against big teams - with your new found plastics - oh how its good having the boot on the other foot.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There is a difference in watching your team being slaughtered every week and watching your team putting up some resistance. As I've said for the past 2 years , you have to learn to walk before you can run and Palace will have to spend mega money drafting in a dozen new players who will only be there for the money.

They've shown themselves to be very good at that-usually somebody else's money, granted, and then they go tits up, at least twice, don't repay any of the millions they've screwed people for then tell anybody who'll listen how they're a 'proper club' and have never been out of the top 2 divisions for a hundred years or more.

They deserved to go up because the two sides they met in the playoffs rolled over and let them in. They were up for it, ourselves and Watford bottled it.

I hope they crash and burn next season though.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
They've shown themselves to be very good at that-usually somebody else's money, granted, and then they go tits up, at least twice, don't repay any of the millions they've screwed people for then tell anybody who'll listen how they're a 'proper club' and have never been out of the top 2 divisions for a hundred years or more.

They deserved to go up because the two sides they met in the playoffs rolled over and let them in. They were up for it, ourselves and Watford bottled it.

I hope they crash and burn next season though.

Cheers Bwian,
Thanks for rolling over for us, we couldn't have done it without your help.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we are starting to sound a bit "sour grapes" here.

who now gives a monkeys about Palace. Its all about how we can get out of this division .

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

who now gives a monkeys about Palace. Its all about how we can get out of this division .

And we could quite possibly pass them as we go up while they come down.......

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Oh for the love of...when did attendances start to actually count for anything?!

No-one gets a trophy for
the highest average gate and every single thread turns into an increasingly ridiculous debate on 'plastics'....aaaarrggghh!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh for the love of...when did attendances start to actually count for anything?!

No-one gets a trophy for
the highest average gate and every single thread turns into an increasingly ridiculous debate on 'plastics'....aaaarrggghh!

We would be in deep poo if our attendances were the same as Palace. From a different point of perspective , the 10,000+ difference meant the club could sign Spanish Len.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
His dull and tedious one trick pony posts about our attendances are now worthless! Selhurst will be rocking with over 26,000 next season as we entertain the elite of English football :wave:

No doubt he will simply argue (rightly) that Palace have to be in either 1) a play off final or 2) the Premier League to muster enough supporters to fill your ground. Your directors must be delighted that the BOGOF days are behind you, for now anyway. Why not just crack on with enjoying your promotion and get your ST sorted out?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
We would be in deep poo if our attendances were the same as Palace. From a different point of perspective , the 10,000+ difference meant the club could sign Spanish Len.

30,000 for each match next season and still a £8 million loss predicted ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Totally agree, I'm cringing at the bitterness of some of the replies on here. I'm as macked off as everyone else that we bottled it and they didn't, and have somehow won a massively improbable promotion that nobody could have predicted last August.But they did, so deal with it. Now Palace will be reeping the rewards. And even if they do crash next season, the money they get should set them up for years. However sickening it is, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept that all bragging rights are gone now.

We're making ourselves look very petty, bitter and small-minded just harping on and on gloating about our crowds over theirs. Do you really think they'll give a crap about that now ? Time to grow up, take the medicine, forget all about Palace and focus on what WE need to do to get up.

Oh, and their starting XI yesterday cost less than CMS. I wonder if anyone will alert Gus to that fact while he continues his almighty sulk over the budget here.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Totally agree, I'm cringing at the bitterness of some of the replies on here. I'm as macked off as everyone else that we bottled it and they didn't, and have somehow won a massively improbable promotion that nobody could have predicted last August.But they did, so deal with it. Now Palace will be reeping the rewards. And even if they do crash next season, the money they get should set them up for years. However sickening it is, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept that all bragging rights are gone now.

We're making ourselves look very petty, bitter and small-minded just harping on and on gloating about our crowds over theirs. Do you really think they'll give a crap about that now ? Time to grow up, take the medicine, forget all about Palace and focus on what WE need to do to get up.

Oh, and their starting XI yesterday cost less than CMS. I wonder if anyone will alert Gus to that fact while he continues his almighty sulk over the budget here.

Very well said Easy.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

No-one gets a trophy for

Better it being that for banter than the usual ignorant bollocks of us calling you gays (like it'd matter if you were) and you calling us pikeys and saying we burned our town down.
That crap is pathetic by both sides. I'd rather it be about the stuff on the pitch but as second place I'd take the attendance/plastics shit over that.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

In fairness, some may have only commented on attendances as the thread was about a comment about attendances...
Regarding Gus and budgets, this is the spanner in the works of the anti Barber brigade. Those of us without "a source" can only react to what we see and hear and it was Gus who came out after the Palace game, bemoaned the budget, said he sought assurances from Tony (£150m of my own cash) Bloom and talked of checking his "personal diary" and had to "think of myself." It may well be the case that he has been let down or, at least, feels that he has been let down but all I can see is huge expenditure on a completely unprecedented scale in our history and that not being enough for Gus.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

We won't go mad . Keep some money for the stadium and spend sensibly on good Players who fit in with our team structure . If we go down so be it we got there .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
30,000 for each match next season and still a £8 million loss predicted ?
Expenditure for Year 3 at The Amex has been reined in by the CEO so we can abide by FFP rules , there will be a loss but it won't be anywhere near £8M. Do the creditors from the 2010 administration receive an ex-gratia payment as Palace have been promoted into the Premier League ? (Portsmouth FC creditors will receive an additional payment if Pompey return to the top division within 10 years)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here