Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] SOUTHGATE: I'm finally heating up a MASSIVE humble pie.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll only eat humble pie if we beat Italy. I honestly believe Southgate is the luckiest England manager of all time in the way he avoids the big teams. The teams people have tipped to win tournaments. Yes we beat Germany but they are living on their reputation at the moment, nobody tipped Germany to win this. We failed against the tipped teams in 2018 and believe we will fail against Italy on Sunday even though it's at Wembley. Unfortunately he'll keep his job as it will be another successful tournament in the FA's eyes.

Sorry but that’s nonsense and very arrogant to those teams who have made it to where they have that we’ve beat. Germany had Sane no Gundy on the bench ffs! Also, we’ve beat Croatia twice and didn’t we do Spain AWAY in the competitive nations league. Myth. He’s proved himself again as a good international manager - time to accept it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
England have not won anything yet, coverage on TV this morning and watching Englands chav support celebrating winning a semi final, the way they did, by a penalty that should never have been awarded is totally cringeworthy.
If that penalty was given against England and we lost, no way would our scumbags have accepted it with grace and class the way the Danish support did.
This is why I avoid the English like the plague when I go on holiday.

Someone’s tired. :moo:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How about you avoid Engel and threads like the plague and stop spouting your oddball crap on every thread then :thumbsup: if you want attention, hire a brass.

Not looking for attention at all, I am agreeing with Alistair Campbell on TV this morning, by stating what actually happened, we got very lucky.
Your over the top stupidness when we have not won anything yet is pathetic and attention seeking look at me, i am such a great England fan tripe.
See what happens on Sunday rightly celebrate if England actually win the thing.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I will be happier if we beat Italy by being the better side and by scoring actual goals (or penalties)

We were the better side against Denmark. We did score more goals then them. That is undisputed.

How about the Kane penalty that wasn't given? How about the foul that wasn't a foul by Luke Shaw that led to the DK goal?

That's football. Enjoy it! :)

SAC

May 21, 2014
Not looking for attention at all, I am agreeing with Alistair Campbell on TV this morning, by stating what actually happened, we got very lucky.
Your over the top stupidness when we have not won anything yet is pathetic and attention seeking look at me, i am such a great England fan tripe.

What, Scottish Alastair Campbell belittles England? Who would have thought!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We were the better side against Denmark. We did score more goals then them. That is undisputed.

How about the Kane penalty that wasn't given? How about the foul that wasn't a foul by Luke Shaw that led to the DK goal?

That's football. Enjoy it! :)

I’m glad you have mentioned that free kick, the ref fell for that trick.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I want to see the refs hair without brylcreme before I make any judgement on our performance last night .

I'm very happy we won , I'm definitely a Southgate doubter but that's probably endemic rather than just him , I've always had this vision of some FA suit telling the England manager what team to pick for what game so that's my problem .

Southgate at least has shown passion and balls in this tournament and whatever the result Sunday I have to admit he has won me over as the England manager so fair play and credit where it's due .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see some people will still knock Southgate if we win the tournament. too negative, didn't play [favoured player] enough. miserable sods. dont accept it then, you can pretend we haven't done great while the rest of the nation enjoy it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
England have not won anything yet, coverage on TV this morning and watching Englands chav support celebrating winning a semi final, the way they did, by a penalty that should never have been awarded is totally cringeworthy.
If that penalty was given against England and we lost, no way would our scumbags have accepted it with grace and class the way the Danish support did.

If only there was some kind of system where another qualified referee could look at the incident on TV in slow motion.............

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

AE8CDCE4-887D-47E8-9510-82D893014442.jpeg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sometimes you just have to accept that there's more than one way of winning. And in the end, winning is all that matters.

My opinions on Southgate's managerial style haven't changed. But the amount I care has gone from about an 8 to a -53.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Magnificent achievement from the team. We have rode our luck but even the best teams need that in the tournaments.

Still have a general disdain towards Southgate and there's something holding me back from really celebrating just yet but Sunday will be a great occasion. Let's make history.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If only there was some kind of system where another qualified referee could look at the incident on TV in slow motion.............

The good thing about the VAR check is we can't be accused of conning the ref or the ref being a homer, soft but Pen all day long

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Last night was all about getting the result. We haven’t been in a major final for 50 odd years. Of course people are going to enjoy, let them.

Are you a bitter wee Scot?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It was a penalty, England were the better side and were denied by a fantastic goalkeeping display. Italy will be a huge test but they’ll be as worried about us as we are about them. Brilliant night and has (somewhat) exorcised many years of hurt for this particular England fan.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can’t say I was his biggest fan and was quite critical so I had better take a slice or 2.
Seems to not over complicated things and let’s the players get on with it. Was critical of our CM pairing as to defensive but we have not yet conceded in open play. Great call on Sterling who has been one of the best players at the tournament. At the end of the day tournament football is about grinding out a set 7 results and this far he done what has been needed. People may complain say it was an OG and a dodgy penalty but Sterling would have scored and despite being soft VAR couldn’t see anything clear
And obvious. Bring on Sunday.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Changing the system in extra time was a very bold move and something I thought may finally convince me Southgate is the man for the job .

I slept on it , and woke with the view that he is , taking the nations new Gazza off after 30 minutes of him coming on as a sub must have raised a few eyebrows , but what it did do was to show to all England fans he's not afraid to make huge calls to affect games in running , something that has always been lacking in most of his predecessors.

I've no qualms about how we won the game it doesn't say W but on a debatable penalty on the trophy.

Southgate has quietened down his detractors and whatever happens on Sunday I think he has proven to all he is the right man for the job .

And now to do that job on the Italians.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Can’t say I was his biggest fan and was quite critical so I had better take a slice or 2.
Seems to not over complicated things and let’s the players get on with it. Was critical of our CM pairing as to defensive but we have not yet conceded in open play. Great call on Sterling who has been one of the best players at the tournament. At the end of the day tournament football is about grinding out a set 7 results and this far he done what has been needed. People may complain say it was an OG and a dodgy penalty but Sterling would have scored and despite being soft VAR couldn’t see anything clear
And obvious. Bring on Sunday.

You make your own luck.

Own goal but we forced it with good play, the great run by Saka and Sterling running in. The pen was soft but he was in the right place and forced their defender to make a decision which went our way. All the previous years the luck went against us but we are turning it in our favour, thats what good teams do

You make your own luck

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have, and will continue to, question selection decisions, as I would of any manager at any team I'm backing at any time (I have many opinions about the new look England ODI squad, for example).

But as a man, Southgate has endeared himself to me, and seemingly the nation. Even if he is "deep woke".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here