Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] SOUTHGATE: I'm finally heating up a MASSIVE humble pie.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not looking for attention at all, I am agreeing with Alistair Campbell on TV this morning, by stating what actually happened, we got very lucky.
Your over the top stupidness when we have not won anything yet is pathetic and attention seeking look at me, i am such a great England fan tripe.
See what happens on Sunday rightly celebrate if England actually win the thing.

:lol: Yes I want attention. It’s been a long slog for 25 years - 20 on here being a positive England fan but the attention is finally coming close. You seem desperate for us to lose Sunday by constantly positing about it. If we lose Sunday I’ll be gutted but still incredibly proud of our team and country. So no, stop setting it up to suit your agenda. You talk shite - so kindly leave the England threads to the fans. We got a bit of luck FINALLY yes - Denmark did too btw - but couldn’t give a **** - we’ve been a breath of fresh air again to our nation who are interested. Just go spread doom somewhere else fella - and cheer up a bit. You’re on ignore now - 2nd ever BHA fan - because you’ve been a proper ****. Bye now :wave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It was a penalty, England were the better side and were denied by a fantastic goalkeeping display. Italy will be a huge test but they’ll be as worried about us as we are about them. Brilliant night and has (somewhat) exorcised many years of hurt for this particular England fan.
It was a penalty because it was given. No foul though.

It would have been great to beat Denmark without needing a decision like that BUT it is exactly those type of decisions that have screwed us in the past. 86, 90, 96 etc.

This is the only tournament in my lifetime where we are getting some breaks. Is it because Southgate has turned the England team from a bunch of wankers into a great group of lads (plus grealish and Pickford)? Maybe this less hated team are less likely to get the poor decisions against them?

Here's hoping for more of that good fortune against the perennial divers on Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If only there was some kind of system where another qualified referee could look at the incident on TV in slow motion.............

Use of VAR (and reffing overall) in the Euros has been MILES better than the PL. They seem to be following the ‘clear and obvious error’ philosophy that I thought was always supposed to be in place - ie unless the ref has made a howler, stick with his original decision rather than trying to do a deeply forensic analysis of every incident. Both penalty shouts last night were debatable, in both cases they stayed with the ref’s initial decision, and decisions made much quicker too.

Hopefully our muppets are learning something from this.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You make your own luck.

Own goal but we forced it with good play, the great run by Saka and Sterling running in. The pen was soft but he was in the right place and forced their defender to make a decision which went our way. All the previous years the luck went against us but we are turning it in our favour, thats what good teams do

You make your own luck

Spot on. The OG wasn't an unforced error, the defender had to play the ball to prevent a tap in. It was forced through our good play.
Sterling bought the pen and yes it was soft but he was absolutely terrorising them with his runs in the box. He won it with the quality of his run.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Use of VAR (and reffing overall) in the Euros has been MILES better than the PL. They seem to be following the ‘clear and obvious error’ philosophy that I thought was always supposed to be in place - ie unless the ref has made a howler, stick with his original decision rather than trying to do a deeply forensic analysis of every incident. Both penalty shouts last night were debatable, in both cases they stayed with the ref’s initial decision, and decisions made much quicker too.

Hopefully our muppets are learning something from this.
Totally agree. Refereeing has been top quality. I don't understand how we have fallen so far behind.

I'm sure everyone used to laugh at the refs from elsewhere in the world, amusement at their lack of quality in comparison to British refs. When did it all change?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
We should respect the right to be miserable - it’s a very English trait. If anything embrace some inner grumpiness. It’s not like Beckham got sent off for literally nothing, or we scored a goal a meter over the line, Gazza booked when he didn’t each touch anyone, or countless other moments of misfortune - I want to join my fellow grumpy posters in being thoroughly annoyed we got a soft pen!

Never mind their goal was never a free kick, or Kane got fouled for a pen, Viva La Grumpy!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We should respect the right to be miserable - it’s a very English trait. If anything embrace some inner grumpiness. It’s not like Beckham got sent off for literally nothing, or we scored a goal a meter over the line, Gazza booked when he didn’t each touch anyone, or countless other moments of misfortune - I want to join my fellow grumpy posters in being thoroughly annoyed we got a soft pen!

Never mind their goal was never a free kick, or Kane got fouled for a pen, Viva La Grumpy!!

Sol Campbell's perfectly good goal disallowed in the end game.That was a bigger travesty than the red card but nobody ever mentions it

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
To be fair although the penalty was soft, we were still the better team who were going for it through extra time for the win. We had a few penalty claims and hit the woodwork at least once.

We deserved it.

From the start of the 2nd half, up until half time in extra time Denmark had 1 touch in our box. 1.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I can put it off no longer. I did not think he had it in him and have said as much in the past, often using very unsavoury language.

Who else needs some? Come on, don't be shy...it's good to confess.

Yep, me too.

I thought after 2018 he as a lucky manager - not a great one.

Maybe he's both - maybe he did get lucky with the draw but we still had to beat Germany to get where we are

I was lucky enough to be there last night - and to take off Grealish to go to a back 5 was a brave, but ultimately correct decision - can you imagine the reaction if we had lost!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
England have not won anything yet, coverage on TV this morning and watching Englands chav support celebrating winning a semi final, the way they did, by a penalty that should never have been awarded is totally cringeworthy.
If that penalty was given against England and we lost, no way would our scumbags have accepted it with grace and class the way the Danish support did.
This is why I avoid the English like the plague when I go on holiday.

You sad, sad person.

BTW, the Danish goal was scored from a combination of two free kicks that were both extremely soft - as was our penalty.

So our fans are 'chavs' and scumbags' - wow - how many England games (home or away) have you actually been to?

T*SSer

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sol Campbell's perfectly good goal disallowed in the end game.That was a bigger travesty than the red card but nobody ever mentions it

God, I'd forgotten all about that. Has anyone ever worked out why that was disallowed? Argentina restarting the game whilst our lot were still celebrating in the corner was top shithousery.

Wasn't the ref from DENMARK?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From the start of the 2nd half, up until half time in extra time Denmark had 1 touch in our box. 1.

Just seen this :

England's dominant display resulted in them taking 56 touches in the Danish box, a record for any team in any tournament since the data was tracked in 1980, the statisticians OptaJoe have revealed. Raheem Sterling had 15 alone, three times as many as the entire Danish team had in the English area.

...backed up by :

England had 56 touches in the Denmark penalty area last night, a tournament record since this data is available (1980+). Sterling (15), Kane (9) and Mount (7) all had more touches in Denmark's penalty area than the entire Denmark team had in England's (5).

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Just seen this :

England's dominant display resulted in them taking 56 touches in the Danish box, a record for any team in any tournament since the data was tracked in 1980, the statisticians OptaJoe have revealed. Raheem Sterling had 15 alone, three times as many as the entire Danish team had in the English area.

...backed up by :

England had 56 touches in the Denmark penalty area last night, a tournament record since this data is available (1980+). Sterling (15), Kane (9) and Mount (7) all had more touches in Denmark's penalty area than the entire Denmark team had in England's (5).

Yeah but we got lucky right? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here