Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of our "Fans"

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If there was trouble,... real trouble,... not just swearing, then this thread may have some mileage,..... but if not,..... call it quits now, life is too short.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Careful, you may get called a knuckle-dragger and accused of not being able to type by those lacking the ability to construct a reasoned argument any minute now.......

:bigwave:

And as for worrying about whether you'll get that sort of stuff near you at The Amex; go sit in the zero tolerance Family Stand/East if you're that bothered and/or sensitive. Football is best when it's inclusive, and inclusiveness means tolerating people who you may not necessarily chose to share a beer with after. And all this kids/women nonsense is insulting to the children and women of this world. Do they honestly think kids don't hear that sort of language all the time at school? Do they think women are shrinking violets who need to be protected from real life? If it happens near your kids and you don't like it use it as an example of how not to behave for them.
If it's really getting OTT, and is genuinely upsetting your loved ones, then in my experience a polite request to tone it down a bit usually works fine. If they then give you shit, fair play, report it if there's no other option, like moving away.

I don't disagree with this. I don't mind swearing as such, I don't think my son even notices really, but when it becomes abusive, and in turn threatening, then I will politely ask someone to show a some restraint. Generally as you have said (and I've done it a few times), when asked the culprits seem to realise they've overstepped the mark and normally apologise in an okay mate kind of way. If they don't and I then get a bit of abuse back, I must say generally everyone else around who has equally been annoyed will also make their feelings known. In my experience, most idiots that hurl abuse from the safety of a crowd, when put in a one on one situation generally haven't got the balls of a door mouse.

With regard to what the club has done allocating certain stands and giving you the choice, that is ideal. I agree football should be inclusive and you will probably hear worse language on the pitch or bench than on the terraces.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I've been subject to unprovoked physical attacks twice at football (I don't count the mass brawls of the 80's I got mixed-up in, mostly running down the street with everyone else wondering what the f*** was going on); both times the person lumping me was wearing colours (NUFC and Man Utd).

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
As a bit of a downer last night, we still have some gutter dweller fans..

A group stood behind me, could only utter a few words most were " Ref u Fu@in C..T.......Lino u Fu@in C...t......dicker u fu@kin C...t etc.etc etc.

One guy was so pissed he sat and slept for the first half...

There were kids and Ladies around so why do people have to act like this?

I enjoy a few bad words at the ref on occasions but not every other word....

They also dont display any club colours so I am wondering if they are jusy "attaching" them selves to us at the moment..

I know its football and its a man's game etc..but sometimes its way OTT..

I hope they are no where near me at Falmer..

At least you have a choice at Falmer, I am assuming you have a season ticket for the east stand?

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
The last three games this season I have seen Albion fans squaring up to each other - over sitting down,standing up, swearing at Murray, throwing food down the back of someone and laughing, etc. All of this when we are walking away with the league.

Some people are just knobheads at football games - just thank the lord that you will never see them again after 4.45 pm (unless you have a ST next to them at the Amex !)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
swearing at football has gone on for the last 100yrs .... if you want to participate in a non swearing sport please turn to tennis but don't watch Mr Murray because he tends to let a few expletives out during a game... I suppose you could report him though... And little Jonny probably knows all the swear words he needs too from the playground at middle school

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
This topic has cropped up a few times. Why not make a note of their seat numbers and report them to the club? Whilst this is not fool proof as folk can buy seats for friends and/or move around....but if certain seats/people are flagged up a few times then this should alert to the club to look into it.

I once reported a person for racist comments and the club dealt with it very well. The person was identified, monitored and subsequently warned as to future behaviour.

Heeeheee, I know I do this too. If I dont like the look of someone or I hear someone say sometoing that offends my precious little ears I will phone the telephone number you can use to make anonymous tip offs (nudge nudge wink wink) and make up some nonsence about them using the n-word and killing spackers..................its f*cking brilliant. When I think about it I get a mahoosive bonk-on which makes me feel happy because my self esteem is so low.

We sound like we have a lot in common will you be my friend? My mum says you can come round for tea..............and I can show you my collections of hats from North Korea and East Germany. I like the way they monitor their naughty citizens too.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It is a bit weird that the last few games, as other people have said, there seems to have been scuffles and nasty arguments between our fans. That's not normal, why fight your own fans ?!?! It's not just alcohol, there seems to be a lot of Coked up wankers around too, it's pretty sad really. Football has always atracted some of the lowest life in society.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
As a lot of people have posted it is not the use of bad language it is the threatening way it is used by pissed up morons...

I know there are many " brave" people here behind their keyboards that would confront them ( NOT) but I dont fancy a whack from some pissed up idiot who is trying to look good in front of his mates.

Move some say? thats not easy when seats are numbered and you are requested to use the allocated seats.

Abusing stewards? why? the stewards at Dagenham were most respectful and polite towards us...so why have a go at them and provoke trouble.

The knuckle draggers were making a big noise about having terrace tickets but decided they did not want to be on the terrace so had pushed into the seats...they were even saying they were behind the Dagenham goal first half, true or not I dont know?

Yes I wear team colours and I am quite happy and proud to do so, if that makes me some kind of idiot then I will willingly be one.

Just because swearing has gone on at football for the last 100 years does not make it right in 2011....Yes we all swear at football but it was the constant C..T...C...T C...t that I object to.

Falmer.....yes I am in the East.....is that a problem?

As a lot of people have posted it is not the use of bad language it is the threatening way it is used by pissed up morons...

I know there are many " brave" people here behind their keyboards that would confront them ( NOT) but I dont fancy a whack from some pissed up idiot who is trying to look good in front of his mates.

Move some say? thats not easy when seats are numbered and you are requested to use the allocated seats.

Abusing stewards? why? the stewards at Dagenham were most respectful and polite towards us...so why have a go at them and provoke trouble.

The knuckle draggers were making a big noise about having terrace tickets but decided they did not want to be on the terrace so had pushed into the seats...they were even saying they were behind the Dagenham goal first half, true or not I dont know?

Yes I wear team colours and I am quite happy and proud to do so, if that makes me some kind of idiot then I will willingly be one.

Just because swearing has gone on at football for the last 100 years does not make it right in 2011....Yes we all swear at football but it was the constant C..T...C...T C...t that I object to.

:facepalm:another jcl

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I don't think anyone is saying that, they're saying that not wearing colours doesn't make them a knuckle-dragger.

I never wear colours to games, mainly because I feel like a bit of a knob in a polyester stripey football shirt, but that doesn't mean I want to fight people.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Did you get someone else to type that for you? Or do you have PHD in missing the point by as wide a margin as possible?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Degree in Aeronautical Engineering is that OK for your requirements/above average IQ?

P.S I dont know my IQ...

I don't have requirements, just thought you might appreciate a bit of back at cha from someone you decided was a thick knuckle-dragger based on one post that had the temerity to take an opposing viewpoint to yours.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't have requirements, just thought you might appreciate a bit of back at cha from someone you decided was a thick knuckle-dragger based on one post that had the temerity to take an opposing viewpoint to yours.

a day on and you're still going on about that?! what are you on, a sponsored sulk marathon? I would have thought anyone with an above average IQ (I still laugh at the thought of typing that about oneself) would be able to take their intelligence being challenged with a pinch of salt? Perhaps we should have a Mensa challenge at dawn to settle it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here