Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of our "Fans"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm the one on the right.

I'll fully admit that sometimes I am guilty of talking complete rubbish on here (who isn't) but I did think that was a little bit harsh. After all, I believe I was recently referred to as "One one of the leading lights of the NSC Sensible Party."

Steady, you're almost coming across as reasonably sensitive now...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That just cannot be a serious post. If it is I think it is the stupidest post I have ever read on here.

Are these people right-wing?

tuition-fees-protest-pic-pa-794732959.jpg

I think they are just anarchists, they hijack any demonstration as an excuse to go on the rampage, they have little of value to say and frankly their vision of society is that there isn't one...you could hold a demonstration in a phone box, for something like rights for water voles, they would turn out and smash it up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think they are just anarchists, they hijack any demonstration as an excuse to go on the rampage, they have little of value to say and frankly their vision of society is that there isn't one...you could hold a demonstration in a phone box, for something like rights for water voles, they would turn out and smash it up.

Yes, probably true. But you take my point.

I've never seen a water vole.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
It's a shame that after every away game this sort of thread crops up.

It wasn't our best performance and so there were a few idiots around me intent on shouting "(enter albion player here) you f***ing idiot" at any given opportunity. Especially at Sandaza who, incidentally, I thought worked hard, showed some good touches and generally had a good game. It isn't productive but I just try and ignore it!

The scenes at the end of the match were magnificent. The electric atmosphere, Gus's roar, the smiles on the players faces - it clicked for me last night; I think we're going to win the league! Haven't left a game with such a feeling of ecstacy this season, bar maybe Carlisle at home (Bridcutt).

Anyway my point is, why not focus on the positives? We need to enjoy these moments.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yea Right!!! me against 5-6 pissed up Neanderthal Gorillas... no I did not I do not want to get punched..

But I guess you as a big brave man would have confronted them?

No I didn't say that did I, I was just curious.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Anyone who takes their kids/girlfriend/wife to afootball match, particularly an away game, and then gets offended by the sort of behaviour described in the first post needs to seriously rethink their choice of sport. You take the (very) rough with the smooth at football, and that's the way it should be. For some people every other word is f***ing or **** in their everyday lives, what are you going to do? Ban them all? Football has become too gentrified already, don't add to it by making a big deal out of something you could just ignore if you don't like.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's a shame that after every away game this sort of thread crops up.

It wasn't our best performance and so there were a few idiots around me intent on shouting "(enter albion player here) you f***ing idiot" at any given opportunity. Especially at Sandaza who, incidentally, I thought worked hard, showed some good touches and generally had a good game. It isn't productive but I just try and ignore it!

The scenes at the end of the match were magnificent. The electric atmosphere, Gus's roar, the smiles on the players faces - it clicked for me last night; I think we're going to win the league! Haven't left a game with such a feeling of ecstacy this season, bar maybe Carlisle at home (Bridcutt).

Anyway my point is, why not focus on the positives? We need to enjoy these moments.

Weird, I had a completely different experience. I thought the atmosphere was poor, it wasn't a great performance and I left feeling a bit flat, but just glad that we had got the job done. Probably because I was in the tiny terrace in the corner though.

I realised we were going to win the league months ago.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone who takes their kids/girlfriend/wife to afootball match, particularly an away game, and then gets offended by the sort of behaviour described in the first post needs to seriously rethink their choice of sport. You take the (very) rough with the smooth at football, and that's the way it should be. For some people every other word is f***ing or **** in their everyday lives, what are you going to do? Ban them all? Football has become too gentrified already, don't add to it by making a big deal out of something you could just ignore if you don't like.

Here we go, mind your knuckles on the way in...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Too scared to agree in case Bold Seagull has a go at me again.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull

Who wrote that for you? obviously you did not do it yourself, you are not clever enough.

Foul and abusive language every other word ( complete with steward baiting and drunken behaviour) is NOT the way its supposed to be.

I think there may be a few people in for a shock at Falmer...

May I suggest bare knuckle boxing or dog fighting as a night out for you and your mates?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Football has become too gentrified already.

I mean this statement is complete rubbish anyway, football was a place for families, ladies etc. when it was the sport of the working classes up to the late 60's / early 70's. You can't claim it's become too gentrified when in fact it's been taken back out of the hands of the 'yobs' and 'muppets' that nigh on destroyed the game through the 70'3 & 80's and given back to the very same people who attended regularly all those years ago.

I don't mind a bit of swearing even if I take my kid and do ignore it, but abusive threatening behaviour is a bit much if you ask me. Most of us thankfully go to watch the FOOTBALL, sadly though there are still enough people that seem to go for something else...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Who wrote that for you? obviously you did not do it yourself, you are not clever enough.

Foul and abusive language every other word ( complete with steward baiting and drunken behaviour) is NOT the way its supposed to be.

May I suggest bare knuckle boxing or dog fighting as a night out for you and your mates?

Oh dear, you and Bold Seagull seem to have managed to miss the point entirely. I didn't say that's the way I behave at football (or in life in general), just that it doesn't bother me when other people do. Is that so hard to understand without resorting to schoolyard insults? For the record, and as those on here who actually know me will testify, I am a pacifist with an above average IQ. Still, don't let that stop you from your infantile pigeon-holing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Would you agree that the public order situation at football has improved massively in the last 10 years or so?

I think the point is that it used to be a working class mans sport, which meant lots of shouting / swearing / fighting, as opposed to Rugby which was quite the opposite. Nearly all of this has left football now, which has to be a good thing, but it has without a doubt had an effect on the atmosphere at games, hence why Old Trafford, The Emirates (Withdean!) etc are so flat these days.

But I do think that if you are going to be offended by swearing at a football match then you are watching the wrong sport. You could always move away from the people who are offending you, yes you shouldn't have to, but you can.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh dear, you and Bold Seagull seem to have managed to miss the point entirely. I didn't say that's the way I behave at football (or in life in general), just that it doesn't bother me when other people do. Is that so hard to understand without resorting to schoolyard insults? For the record, and as those on here who actually know me will testify, I am a pacifist with an above average IQ. Still, don't let that stop you from your infantile pigeon-holing.

I can't believe anyone with an above average IQ actually goes around telling people that they have an above average IQ!? Seriously, that is funny. Have you used it as a chat up line?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That just cannot be a serious post. If it is I think it is the stupidest post I have ever read on here.

Are these people right-wing?

tuition-fees-protest-pic-pa-794732959.jpg

People who don't care for society, for the people around them, who do what they want to do without regard for the wellbeing or comfort of others, I would define those people as right wing whether they are spivvish bankers, serial litter-droppers or just the kind of people who bellow four letter words in the ears of children. Not the usual definition maybe but I don't think it's a bad one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If it bothers you then raise it and no this doesnt mean you will get a whack. If you raise it in the right way even with a smile on your face things can get sorted. Or front them out and get your point across that way.

If you act like a poof and tell them off like a school teacher then yes you may take some shit.

As for those grassing about seat numbers, jesus wept. No one likes a grass. Bet you were a target for the bullys

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I can't believe anyone with an above average IQ actually goes around telling people that they have an above average IQ!? Seriously, that is funny. Have you used it as a chat up line?

Not yet. Just thought it was relevant seeing as you'd decided I had to have someone type for me. Glad it made you laugh anyway, you seem in need of one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here