Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of our "Fans"

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
On the flipside it seems now that alot of our fans are complete softcocks.

Are we really going to have one of these threads every time somebody hears a few bad words at the football. Last week it was some non-existant racism, now the bigger boys are saying too many naughty words.

Jesus wept :facepalm:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
People who don't care for society, for the people around them, who do what they want to do without regard for the wellbeing or comfort of others, I would define those people as right wing whether they are spivvish bankers, serial litter-droppers or just the kind of people who bellow four letter words in the ears of children. Not the usual definition maybe but I don't think it's a bad one.

So basically your own definition of right-wing isn't actually what right-wing is at all, it's just bad people. OK then. Interesting viewpoint.

I can't believe anyone with an above average IQ actually goes around telling people that they have an above average IQ!? Seriously, that is funny. Have you used it as a chat up line?

So what you're saying is that the answer to the question Hungry Joe asked is 'YES'?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not yet. Just thought it was relevant seeing as you'd decided I had to have someone type for me. Glad it made you laugh anyway, you seem in need of one.

That IQ hasn't worked out yet that it wasn't me that said that!?

Come on, what is your IQ, I'm dying to know what is above average?:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Person next to me last night was calling Dicker a f***ing wanker, after a constructive debate he agreed he wasn't - till he gave the ball away yet again :lolol::lolol:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Give me the rufty tufty atmosphere you get with English soccer anyday. We grew up with it and got used to it. And some supporters do tone it down when there are kids and women present.

I find that watching any soccer games in the States is completely sanitised – Americans seem almost too well behaved and polite. The most abusive language you’ll generally get is “You Suck”. No passion and no atmosphere.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Give me the rufty tufty atmosphere you get with English soccer anyday. We grew up with it and got used to it. And some supporters do tone it down when there are kids and women present.

I find that watching any soccer games in the States is completely sanitised – Americans seem almost too well behaved and polite. The most abusive language you’ll generally get is “You Suck”. No passion and no atmosphere.

Careful, you may get called a knuckle-dragger and accused of not being able to type by those lacking the ability to construct a reasoned argument any minute now.......

Jan 30, 2008
As a bit of a downer last night, we still have some gutter dweller fans..

A group stood behind me, could only utter a few words most were " Ref u Fu@in C..T.......Lino u Fu@in C...t......dicker u fu@kin C...t etc.etc etc.

One guy was so pissed he sat and slept for the first half...

There were kids and Ladies around so why do people have to act like this?

I enjoy a few bad words at the ref on occasions but not every other word....

They also dont display any club colours so I am wondering if they are jusy "attaching" them selves to us at the moment..

I know its football and its a man's game etc..but sometimes its way OTT..

I hope they are no where near me at Falmer..
why do you have to wear colours to prove you support the club ??? : you might be in for a shock at Falmer

Jan 30, 2008
This topic has cropped up a few times. Why not make a note of their seat numbers and report them to the club? Whilst this is not fool proof as folk can buy seats for friends and/or move around....but if certain seats/people are flagged up a few times then this should alert to the club to look into it.

I once reported a person for racist comments and the club dealt with it very well. The person was identified, monitored and subsequently warned as to future behaviour.
hark at green grass getting at it !

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
why do you have to wear colours to prove you support the club ??? : you might be in for a shock at Falmer

You don't of course Das, only in the surreal world of the manilas, who appear to assume anyone not wearing a replica shirt is a potential hoolie or jcl. "Don't let those nasty plain clothes types attach themselves to my club mummy, they're scaring me". Very odd.

Jan 30, 2008
You don't of course Das, only in the surreal world of the manilas, who appear to assume anyone not wearing a replica shirt is a potential hoolie or jcl. "Don't let those nasty plain clothes types attach themselves to my club mummy, they're scaring me". Very odd.
i've encounterd them in the past mate ,bunch of tobys end of

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
And as for worrying about whether you'll get that sort of stuff near you at The Amex; go sit in the zero tolerance Family Stand/East if you're that bothered and/or sensitive. Football is best when it's inclusive, and inclusiveness means tolerating people who you may not necessarily chose to share a beer with after. And all this kids/women nonsense is insulting to the children and women of this world. Do they honestly think kids don't hear that sort of language all the time at school? Do they think women are shrinking violets who need to be protected from real life? If it happens near your kids and you don't like it use it as an example of how not to behave for them.
If it's really getting OTT, and is genuinely upsetting your loved ones, then in my experience a polite request to tone it down a bit usually works fine. If they then give you shit, fair play, report it if there's no other option, like moving away.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I almost never, ever wear colours. It's a matter of personal choice and certainly colours are not a way of measuring pride or loyalty or even a measurement of how much a ruffian one is.

But actually, I agree with quite a lot of what manilaseagull said but thus has often been the case at London aways. I suspect that there's a certain percentage of "fans" who are not normally invited to home games because I see the same old regulars at these games. All of them capable of being relied upon to look like complete twats as they practice their "hardness". But hey, you ignore them or, if the abuse goes beyond the swearing into racist abuse, you quietly report them to the stewards since there's no point in getting into the sort of personal confrontation these cockjugglers so desperately desire. Although of stewards, it was fairly pathetic to see the unnecessary attempts to bait the very decent stewards on duty last night. They were polite and friendly and I wondered at the time why it was so difficult to get off the f***ing stairway when asked nicely.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
This topic has cropped up a few times. Why not make a note of their seat numbers and report them to the club? Whilst this is not fool proof as folk can buy seats for friends and/or move around....but if certain seats/people are flagged up a few times then this should alert to the club to look into it.

I once reported a person for racist comments and the club dealt with it very well. The person was identified, monitored and subsequently warned as to future behaviour.

This is definitely the correct answer. I remember at Northampton three years ago I was there with my 10 year old nephew. A group of so called albion "fans" who couldnt string a single sentence together without swearing using the words f**K, c**t, wan**r etc were an absolute disgrace. They were also spitting in the direction of the Northampton goalkeeper whenever the ball went out of play nearby. In the programme I noticed you could report via text the seat numbers of "fans" behaving like this and something will get done about it. So I thought I would give it a try and the morons were duly removed from the ground after two warnings within 5 minutes! Priceless! Im all for having a few beers and a laugh at football - who isnt? But these idiots are a disgrace to themselves and our great club! Unfortunately our recent success has attracted more and more, particular early 20 somethings thinking its clever to "give it the large" both on the train travelling to away games and within the stadiums. Some people just cant handle one too many shandys!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I almost never, ever wear colours. It's a matter of personal choice and certainly colours are not a way of measuring pride or loyalty or even a measurement of how much a ruffian one is.

But actually, I agree with quite a lot of what manilaseagull said but thus has often been the case at London aways. I suspect that there's a certain percentage of "fans" who are not normally invited to home games because I see the same old regulars at these games. All of them capable of being relied upon to look like complete twats as they practice their "hardness". But hey, you ignore them or, if the abuse goes beyond the swearing into racist abuse, you quietly report them to the stewards since there's no point in getting into the sort of personal confrontation these cockjugglers so desperately desire. Although of stewards, it was fairly pathetic to see the unnecessary attempts to bait the very decent stewards on duty last night. They were polite and friendly and I wondered at the time why it was so difficult to get off the f***ing stairway when asked nicely.

Stewards were exemplary last night in my view. Very pleasant people.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
They also dont display any club colours ..

Shit! So, not only did they not have their heroes name and number, League One patches etc...but they didn't even have the replica shirt to begin with ?!?!

How f***ing dare they? Banning order is a must.

:facepalm:

Edit: Been beaten to it by many a people. Utter tool, Manila.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This colours debate is purile shit as I don't and do not class myself as a bad fan and loads of others I know don't - called a choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here