Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what would you do if you were Dick Knight?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
What's the answer?

In my opinion changing the manager now is not the answer, the problems are more about confidence than ability.

On paper we have a good enough side for this division, I beleive we can still turn it round, even more so if the manager gets the backing in the transfer window.

Confidence is a managment issue, isn't it?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Lets be frank most thought the club was doomed so what did he have to lose?:glare:

Time.

Energy.

Brighton annd Hove Albion.

Money.

I know this is a board used by a minority of fans,but of those who DO use it many want DK to do this or that,and spend his (and the board's ) money on him or him.

I imagine trying to operate an historically small club in today's conditions is a daunting job,which I believe the current custodians are doing as well as they can.

Every team wants to win the league,the division,cups etc,and Albion fans are no different.At least we have not gone bankrupt yet,to linger at the foot of league two and wait for trips to Salisbury and the like (with no disrespect to that club).

No,DK and the board,the management and the players do not go in to work to do a bad job.At the moment things look bleak.At other moments in the club's history they've looked a damned sight bleaker.We don't have a divine right to win stuff - nice when we do - but the position of Albion supporters should be unchanged;to support,and not snipe at those who are trying to get us into a bettter situation.

DK resign? Joke,really.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yeah Dick resign! there are a multitude of wealthy would be owners just gagging to take up the reigns! Some right fooking dimwits on here ffs.:thud:

To lose dick knight as chairman would be a good thing for the future of the club,but lets all be very honest that when dick took over the club he was in a win win situation with nout to lose.

Hence the need for no more of this we would not have a club if it wasn't for knight bollocks:thud:

I have an idea-why don't you stick to supporting your new club. I'm sure they have room for one more moron on Hob Nob.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What's the answer?

In my opinion changing the manager now is not the answer, the problems are more about confidence than ability.

On paper we have a good enough side for this division, I beleive we can still turn it round, even more so if the manager gets the backing in the transfer window.

I said it last season and the same applies now we need a midfield general some in the Nobby Horton vein or Charlie Oatway he does not have to be the sharpest tool so to speak just someone who can be MA's voice and eyes on the pitch.

I have also had this Mullery senario in the back of my mind ....like never go back but my hope is that MA can turn it around he is a good manager,was once for us so why not again.
what would I do if I were DK delve into those deep pockets allow MA to sign some of the loanee's and a midfielder as described above then sit tight like we all will have to as I can't see MA being sacked or walking thats not in the mans nature (the last time the job was almost done)
hows Danny Cullip playing these days? he must have a good two years left surely and I'm sure he love to play again for the Albion ...anywhere!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Unless Deano can come back, which I guess is not an option I see no benefit in sacking Adams. However Knight should take a back seat, become president and let another member of the current board take the front line. Knight could then still be involved with the glory of Falmer and be thanked for all he has done.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's cost him £2 million to date you utter fuckwit. Hasn't the Reading branch of Lidl opened yet? You're supposed to be collecting the trolleys again this morning.

muttley.gif

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
i would sack adams and booker and white and hinsh.....let mayo and hart and adam hinsh go and go on the pitch at half time off next home game and admit it was an error to sack wilkins and get adams back

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If I were DK I would look at our squad and say do you know what player for player we should not be in the position we are

I would then proceed to kick out our non-league setup of White, Chapman and Booker and invest in a decent backroom staff to support the manager.

In regards to MA I would give him the vote of confidence which would mean behind the scenes he has 5 games to show signs of improvement or he is out

Football after all is a results business

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Unless DK has put some specific performace related clauses into Adams' contract then it would not only be brave but potentially quite expensive to get rid of Adams so early into his contract. At best it would probably cost us one year's salary to pay him off. My hope is that as Adams is a decent chap, he will realise it was a big mistake to come back and will negotiate a 'mutual agreement' to leave which will keep both him and DK happy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's the answer?

The problem for me is I dont trust Adams with money. He's overhauled the squad once....when it didnt need it. Now he's talking about doing it again.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
What's the answer?

QUOTE]

The lack of confidence comes from losing games. Losing games comes from baffling team selections, tactical ineptitude and lack of direction and purpose. All of which can and should be placed firmly at MA's door.

Get rid now. Not when everone finally agrees the faith was misplaced, not when the last man agrees he can't turn it round, not when all the previous work with the youth team has finally been trashed, not when all the youngsters have been replaced on the wage bill by injured journeymen and loanees,not when we have been relegated but NOW.

Six games, twelve games, eighteen games? How many? I have been to most games and it is dire. If people don't believe me or the evidence of their own own eyes look at the table.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Personally, I've never been a big believer is backing someone purely on reputation, and in the case of Adams - without his reputation from last time with us - that means his time is up. A point made very well by John Byrne last night when he said that if this season had been under Wilkins he'd have already gone.

If Adams does get to the end of January though, then he may as well stay on until the end of the season, as any new manager would just be inheriting the shambles that Adams has created with no opportunity to move players on and bring some others in. But that shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Adams, I loved you last time around and defended you to fans of clubs you'd gone to since with less success. Christ, under Sven, I was saying England would be better in your hands. But this spell back at the club is destroying your legacy and that makes me as sad as the sight of our promising squad from last season being decimated.

Dick Knight (and friends), I fear you will always look back on this particular change of manager with huge regret ..... but in your heart, I'm sure you realise that already.

It saddens me to say it, but if I was Dick Knight, I'd have no alternative but to SACK Micky Adams.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He should stop and think, now this time last year I interfered with the manager who was doing a good job and I never backed him over certain players and player’s contracts. If only I had enough will power to stand back and just support my manager when I have a good one then we may have been in the Championship this season.
He should then think Mr Adams made a similar hash of things when he first came here, but we (I, but Micky disputes this) found a diamond in Bobby Zamora who turned things around for us. Without this find, would Micky have been the legend that many fans think he was, because he has not achieved much since leaving us.
I brought him in to take us forward and that is clearly not happening.
I brought him in to put bums on seats, but this is not happening either.
I brought him in to lead us out at Falmer in the Championship, but we could be in the Conference at this rate.
Oh my god Micky you have made me look foolish.
I had better find another face saving decision and quick.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mickey will turn things around. Bookmark this post

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Adams was the boards choice, he's had half a season with new players, so lets review things in May. What is the point of kneejerk reactions when things arn't going our way, it smack of panic and a lack of class. Nobody likes the position we are in at the moment (except the Palarse 'fans' reading this), but changing the manager mid season is not the answer.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Adams was the boards choice, he's had half a season with new players, so lets review things in May. What is the point of kneejerk reactions when things arn't going our way, it smack of panic and a lack of class. Nobody likes the position we are in at the moment (except the Palarse 'fans' reading this), but changing the manager mid season is not the answer.

I don't think Spurs fans would agree with you about changing managers mid season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here