Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what would you do if you were Dick Knight?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That is what the real issue is......sacking MA I think is not an option. Dick Knight has sacked Mark McGhee and Dean Wilkins in the last couple of years, he cant be seen to be sacking Adams too....his credibility would be shot to pieces.

Generally, Dick Knight has made good appointments, and it's the bad ones that threaten to shoot your credibility to pieces. Last time was MH, and he acted swiftly, swollowed his pride and went back to the guy who should have been in charge back in the summer. Being swift and decisive, basically accepting they'd got it wrong and doing something about it, enhanced his credibility rather than damaged it.

This time round, we are not looking like we will act swiftly at all ....... I think the delay will do his credibility more damage.

A few weeks back someone was saying that we should give Adams 6 more games before deciding whether to keep him or not, three down...all lost...only three more to go.

Look what changing manager did for Spurs, we are in the same situation, they will probably stand more than a fair chance of making the UEFA cup...success for us would be avoiding relegation...it could have been so much better!
As every one here is comparing this season with last season.....
2007-8
After 29 games last season we were 16th
After 38 games last we were 6th

Opinions, opinions, opinions........however........

After a full season last year, we finished 7th...........A FACT.

After almost half a season this year, we are 20th.............A FACT.

AFTER 29 GAMES LAST SEASON WERE WE WERE 16th

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Opinions, opinions, opinions........however........

After a full season last year, we finished 7th...........A FACT.

After almost half a season this year, we are 20th.............A FACT.

i don't think we were 1 point off the drop zone though... i don't think we ever went down past 17th last season. basically we won't turn it round and come 7th and you should know that

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

And recovering that position to 7th got the manager SACKED! So, how far does Adams need to see us climb in the second half of the season to keep his job?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
After 29 of OUR games we were 16th, didn't we have games in hand at that stage of the season? Also that was coming off our worst run of the season after the team was torn apart in January.

But my point is (and you all seemed to have missed it) is that there is more than enough games to change things. And that in this leaguie, a decent run of results can chuck you up the table pretty quick!

Although, quite where a decent run of results is coming from at this stage is anyon'e guess!

And recovering that position to 7th got the manager SACKED!

Who says??????

Certainly not Dick Knight in the Argus in August

Knight told supporters at the annual fans’ forum at Withdean last night: “I didn’t believe he would take us forward in the way I wanted the club taken forward. “I can assure you the same decision would have been made by the board, whether we had been promoted or not.”

Knight, quizzed further on the departure of Wilkins, added: “We did not treat him shabbily. We offered him a very good job to stay and he declined to take it.”

Knight, quizzed further on the departure of Wilkins, added: “We did not treat him shabbily. We offered him a very good job to stay and he declined to take it.”

And the position of first team coach was/is such a "very good job" that who exactly was appointed to take it on when Dean Wilkins declined the offer?

I think we can conclude from this latest raking of the Wendy ashes that

1. His sacking was odd
2. MA has been dismal so far
3. There will be at least another 20 threads on this subject before the season is out.

And there will be loads of threads on subject matter that are current and seem important to NSC (football chat/opinion site) users.

Your point is...??

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
As every one here is comparing this season with last season.....
2007-8
After 29 games last season we were 16th
After 38 games last we were 6th

Three questions in regards to those stats:

1) Did we not have something like 3 games in hand?

2) Were we also 16 points of the playoff places?

3) Were we 1 point of the relegation zone?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The board/DK knew that DW wouldn't accept the coach's job and have White above him in the pecking order.
If they were that keen to get MA in, they should have had joint managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here