Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what would you do if you were Dick Knight?

Didn't we get rid of European Cup Winners last season? This idea that the league is so much stronger than last season is just silly.

If you are referring to Forest as European Cup Winners then surely you should be calling us FA Cup Finalists-at least that's more recent...but still 25 years ago.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Mackenzie, you say we should not change managers mid-season,so we wait until we are relegated.
I do not support sacking Adams as whoever becomes manager will have little to spend on team building so in a few months there will be demands for his removal.
Nothing will change until new blood and real money comes onto the board,please dont repeat that we owe it to Knight for saving the club, for Div1 or 2?,at least if we had closed down we could have found a club that would have brought back a real interest in football again

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I have followed BHA for a long time and never before have I heard fans saying that we didn't deserve to finish in a certain position...,I have heard complaints in the past that we should have finished higher but never lower !!!
Surely 46 games is a long enough season to ' iron out ' lucky results.
Are there fans at Oldham, Northampton, Huddersfield,Tranmere and Walsall all going on their chatsites and complaining that they should have finished above Brighton last season...that we were spawny and didn't deserve to finish there.
It is a smokescreen put out by those who are still clinging to the faint hope that MA has something to offer this club.
Lets be honest folks...a lot of managers would already have bitten the dust after 2 wins in 17 and departures from 2 cup competitions ( might be 3 next tues )
Some fans talk about MA being given 12 months to turn things around....good managers take about 12 hours to put the basics in place...something that patently wasn't done at BHA in pre-season.....which is why I don't believe we have any basis for moving forward with this man.
Top post.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
at least if we had closed down we could have found a club that would have brought back a real interest in football again

As far as I am aware there is nothing stopping you supporting Man U/ Chelsea etc, or even Lewes. But as for wanting the Albion to cease to exist, you astound me.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
So how do you know it's a "load of bull". What do you know that I don't?

What do you know that I don't?

What do you think?

I would really like to know.

Why would you employ someone who has done something 'Terrible', why would you sack them if we were promoted but in the same breath offer them a job as first team coach?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do you know that I don't?

What do you think?

I would really like to know.

Why would you employ someone who has done something 'Terrible', why would you sack them if we were promoted but in the same breath offer them a job as first team coach?

We do not know under what terms he was offered a job it may well have been with conditions that made it obvious that he wouldnt want the job. So the offer really meant nothing.

We do not know under what terms he was offered a job it may well have been with conditions that made it obvious that he wouldnt want the job. So the offer really meant nothing.

Come on now, the offer to even take a back seat was derisory, regardless of any terms. But it's correct to surmise that any offer of employment was indicative, that DW cannot have totally alienated the board altogether.
The way it looks, is that they were itching to get Adams in, and January's events were a good enough excuse.

Now, they may be considering the error of that way - so many of the fans are saying it anyway.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
What's the answer?

In my opinion changing the manager now is not the answer, the problems are more about confidence than ability.

On paper we have a good enough side for this division, I beleive we can still turn it round, even more so if the manager gets the backing in the transfer window.

'I' before 'e', except after 'c'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think we can conclude from this latest raking of the Wendy ashes that

1. His sacking was odd
2. MA has been dismal so far
3. There will be at least another 20 threads on this subject before the season is out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Many on here are often guilty of getting ideas "above their club".

Easy to forget the financial restrictions and rubbish stadium that mean we can't go out and buy this player, attract that manager etc..

But, can that accusation be directed towards the board in this instance ?

We had an imperfect manager who was learning his trade and was somewhat over-shadowed by the more higher profile individuals that the club had managed to attract in the past. There is only so many times you can pull a Coppell or a Taylor out the hat.

I just felt that he was the manager that the club should expect at this level, the crowds were probably what we should expect at this level, the quality of football also.

Sorry, but the events of last season smack of a PR exercise (with the best intentions), proceeded by a whispering campaign to gee up the gates and the club prior to moving to Falmer.

The plan so far has backfired and you do wonder whether it was necessary at all.

Lets hope things turn around, because they have to.

black night

Dec 25, 2006
to the point he will not sack adams. So dick needs to find some money to buy players. and hope thing get better on and of the pitch.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If I were DK I would look at our squad and say do you know what player for player we should not be in the position we are

I would then proceed to kick out our non-league setup of White, Chapman and Booker and invest in a decent backroom staff to support the manager.

In regards to MA I would give him the vote of confidence which would mean behind the scenes he has 5 games to show signs of improvement or he is out

Football after all is a results business

chapman went when Dean Wilkins did.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why the dean wilkins situation keeps rearing its ugly head is that it was so unexpected.

With the best will in the world, those Wilkins haters on here must admit that last season in most games ( yes there were some dreadful efforts_ Port Vale anyone) we were a pretty good side and the youngsters like Lynch and Elphick, fraser, Robinson, Cox etc were bedding in and finishing 7th was a good result for a club like Brighton.

Now, we have had a sacking which is yet to be explained fully, youngsters chopped out in favour of loanees and purchased players who are not that much better and a complete lack of idea just what the hell is going on, on the pitch.

That is what the real issue is......sacking MA I think is not an option. Dick Knight has sacked Mark McGhee and Dean Wilkins in the last couple of years, he cant be seen to be sacking Adams too....his credibility would be shot to pieces.

If you look at this in a perverse way, if we get relegated to the fourth division, and things turned around next year, we could end up promotion 2009/10 to the third and then for Falmer, promotion 2010/11 to the 2nd Division ( Championship for our first year at Falmer) I suppose that is really what we should be aiming at

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
why the dean wilkins situation keeps rearing its ugly head is that it was so unexpected.

With the best will in the world, those Wilkins haters on here must admit that last season in most games ( yes there were some dreadful efforts_ Port Vale anyone) we were a pretty good side and the youngsters like Lynch and Elphick, fraser, Robinson, Cox etc were bedding in and finishing 7th was a good result for a club like Brighton.

Now, we have had a sacking which is yet to be explained fully, youngsters chopped out in favour of loanees and purchased players who are not that much better and a complete lack of idea just what the hell is going on, on the pitch.

That is what the real issue is......sacking MA I think is not an option. Dick Knight has sacked Mark McGhee and Dean Wilkins in the last couple of years, he cant be seen to be sacking Adams too....his credibility would be shot to pieces.

If you look at this in a perverse way, if we get relegated to the fourth division, and things turned around next year, we could end up promotion 2009/10 to the third and then for Falmer, promotion 2010/11 to the 2nd Division ( Championship for our first year at Falmer) I suppose that is really what we should be aiming at

Or the way things are going the first season at Falmer will be in the Blue Sq Conference :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here