Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what would you do if you were Dick Knight?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lets be frank most thought the club was doomed so what did he have to lose?:glare:

It's cost him £2 million to date you utter fuckwit. Hasn't the Reading branch of Lidl opened yet? You're supposed to be collecting the trolleys again this morning.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To lose dick knight as chairman would be a good thing for the future of the club,but lets all be very honest that when dick took over the club he was in a win win situation with nout to lose.

Hence the need for no more of this we would not have a club if it wasn't for knight bollocks:thud:

:ohmy::thud:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
January has to be the last chance for Adams. He has to show his skill in the transfer window to create a team that will get us to mid table by the season end and which will be the basis of a promotiom winning side for next season.

If in mid February we are in the relegation slots then I hope he will have the good sense to walk and save us and him any further embarrassement.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
January has to be the last chance for Adams. He has to show his skill in the transfer window to create a team that will get us to mid table by the season end and which will be the basis of a promotiom winning side for next season.

If in mid February we are in the relegation slots then I hope he will have the good sense to walk and save us and him any further embarrassement.

Can we afford to let him have the transfer window?

Do we want him to be here after December?

Please clear out the whole coaching setup Mr Knight and admit a mistake was made and get some credibility back.

If I were chairman, I'd set up a board that did NOT consist merely of people who put money into the club.

That creates an imbalance, and a set of people with singular motives based on personal ambitions and 'financially distorted' outlooks.

I would ask Mr Adams to look in his mirror, and accept that the old success was of another day. That management of a league club is not what he's cut out to do any more. I'd ask if he would be prepared to assist the handling of the Brighton youth team, and perhaps do some scouting.

I would then call a Mr. DEAN WILKINS, and tell him that the existing board had their chips on the wrong card-hand, that they gambled, and lost. The loss will be pooled, and placed into the wage bill of whatever Mr Wilkins asked in order to come back to the club.

Obviously you won't agree with that Harty, but thanks for asking.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

Mid February could be too late.....id give him the christmas period to turn things round.....4 games!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Knight has been ruthless in his firing before and if he did not sack Adams if we went down / looked like going down would lose credibility. I still think Adams would not be sacked if he went down but would probably walk.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still think Adams would not be sacked if he went down but would probably walk.

I really hope you are wrong as the only reason not to sack Adams, if we went down, would be the size of the egos in the boardroom who cannot admit to an error, if the board became that distanced from the (majority of the) fans I'd worry for the future.

I fear that there are also some fans who'd still back Adams if we ended up in the Conference though.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What's the answer?

In my opinion changing the manager now is not the answer, the problems are more about confidence than ability.

On paper we have a good enough side for this division, I beleive we can still turn it round, even more so if the manager gets the backing in the transfer window.

You've lost it mate. Now is the time to sack Adams and bring in someone who knows what they're doing

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You've lost it mate. Now is the time to sack Adams and bring in someone who knows what they're doing

It's gonna be hard for Harty to admit to changing his mind now whatever happens this season, he has made such a crusade of Adams being the right man for the job and slagged off fans who had the temerity to suggest that it was a f*** up after about 6 games. He's gonna stick by his very publicly stated opinion, whatever. Interesting listening to JB as he seems to be biting his tongue about what he actually thinks about Adams and it seems to be getting harder for him every game.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
It's gonna be hard for Harty to admit to changing his mind now whatever happens this season, he has made such a crusade of Adams being the right man for the job and slagged off fans who had the temerity to suggest that it was a f*** up after about 6 games. He's gonna stick by his very publicly stated opinion, whatever. Interesting listening to JB as he seems to be biting his tongue about what he actually thinks about Adams and it seems to be getting harder for him every game.

I don't see why it should be so hard. If he suggested that 6 games was too short a period to judge a new manager, I think most people would have sided with him. Like Harty I've always been a big supporter of Micky, but the facts don't lie and he doesn't give any impression of knowing how to turn the tide. Many of us have now lost the faith.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If I were Dick Knight, which thankfully I'm not, I'd actually admit I'd made mistakes rather than trying to palm my f*** ups onto other people and letting them take the fall for me.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What's the answer?

In my opinion changing the manager now is not the answer, the problems are more about confidence than ability.

On paper we have a good enough side for this division, I beleive we can still turn it round, even more so if the manager gets the backing in the transfer window.

he has no choice but to stand by Adams or he will be as red faced as a monkeys arse if he sacks him! so I reckon Dick wont do anything.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
harty are you being payed off by the club or something? Look at how shit we are. we are 20th, and how long do we want to give micky adams? It isn't run of "bad form" we are just absolute SHITE.

If i was the Chairman i would f***ing drown myself.

Knight has been ruthless in his firing before and if he did not sack Adams if we went down / looked like going down would lose credibility. I still think Adams would not be sacked if he went down but would probably walk.

Rarely more ruthless, than when sacking DW.

Even MH was allowed to keep losing until he eventually stepped down himself and admitted he wasn't up to it.

McGhee was sacked by consensus of opinion from the stands, so DK was acceding to the howling from the gallery

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree with Harty now is not the time to sack MA. I would give him the backing that he needs in January window to bring in the 2 or 3 quality players we need to change us from a poor side to one capable of winning this division next season, if not this. The only other action I would take is I would suggest that he has a serious look at his coaching and backroom staff pointing out that if they fail he fails.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree with Harty now is not the time to sack MA. I would give him the backing that he needs in January window to bring in the 2 or 3 quality players we need to change us from a poor side to one capable of winning this division next season, if not this. The only other action I would take is I would suggest that he has a serious look at his coaching and backroom staff pointing out that if they fail he fails.

All about opinions but I certainly don't want him spunking the money we may have when he doesn't seem to have a clue as to the demands of this division. He plays and signs shortarses and then complains the team are too small..WTF?

He has forgotten what makes a decent midfield at this level, plays players out of position and doesn't actually seem to have any sort of game plan in the games I've seen and you want to let him sign players permanently???

I personally think he's trying to get his team to play football when his strength is teams that have in your face aggression and lump balls forward. If he went back to that dinosaour style of play we may actually survive as he hasn't a clue how to play tactical on the ground football...imo

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here