Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How much have we spent this window so far? 800k?

While turning down £25,000,000.
As well as profiteering to the tune of £XX,000,000

We need to get Bloom out of our club, we're going nowhere.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Many fans are gonna be so pissed. This can't keep happening. .... And I doubt it's going to be possible by doing it with all home grown talent. Not in Tony's lifetime.

"Keep happening" !! - Its smart that we have White, Alzate, Walton, Connolly, Molumby competing for places who cost nothing - and its smart that he's cautious about wages and fees compared to other chairmen . but the idea that Bloom doesn't cough up for players in transfer windows including strikers . He's done it again and again and again. And no doubt will in the next week or so.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Of course it is, but is the right man at a good price, who'd take the appropriate wage in our structure, ready and willing to choose us over other options?

You can't answer that can you.

The need is blindingly obvious, the reality much harder.

Yes, hard now, even harder later. That is my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
In lieu of a transfer fee I reckon Adam Lallana probably got a fairly hefty 'signing on' fee

Maybe so, however we have also moved on AK for 10 mill, Montoya/Greyhound/Button and Mooy have all gone for fees. Murray and Duffy out on loan with loan fees, so Id imagine we have done well on bringing money in this Window... As for spending.. ahem, that is the issue thus far..

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In lieu of a transfer fee I reckon Adam Lallana probably got a fairly hefty 'signing on' fee and of course Ben White got a 5-8% wage increase which is probably as much as a new signing

5-8% ?? I suspect it was significantly more than that

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Anyone who writes "the club aren't even saying anything" is clearly a WUM, and rather good at it too.
Certainly suckered me in yesterday, the silly sausage that I am.

We know the club won’t spill the beans. The question is will they act. TBH I really don’t care how close they keep their secrets. I just want to see a signing.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
"Keep happening" !! - Its smart that we have White, Alzate, Walton, Connolly, Molumby competing for places who cost nothing - and its smart that he's cautious about wages and fees compared to other chairmen . but the idea that Bloom doesn't cough up for players in transfer windows including strikers . He's done it again and again and again. And no doubt will in the next week or so.
I'm Confused, What do those academy Youngsters have to do with Senior Transfer targets.
How many millions have we waisted on players that were not our original targets.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Very easy. It may sound like an alien concept to you, but most of them will have an IQ of above 50 and realise that losing against Chelsea and United is not the end of the world. Out of the 100 000 or so professional football players in the world, 98% or so would also be interested in earning £50k a week to play in one of the best leagues, regardless of league position.

Greenwood and Foden. I rest my case. Actually, how about Grealish!?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I’m getting to the stage now where I would go for Pukki just to take away some of the pressure

It’s not a perfect choice but he scored goals and yes it dried up for him but you have to wonder if he was trying to feed off scraps at the end

I would still be looking for another but I think we would be in a better place than we currently are

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe so, however we have also moved on AK for 10 mill, Montoya/Greyhound/Button and Mooy have all gone for fees. Murray and Duffy out on loan with loan fees, so Id imagine we have done well on bringing money in this Window... As for spending.. ahem, that is the issue thus far..

Sure - but I bet if you look at the 'Net' incoming / outgoing since we got promoted we definitely are due to some funds to come back into the transfer kitty. No doubt we will spend big on the right players / position but we already had / have a pretty big squad

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Sure - but I bet if you look at the 'Net' incoming / outgoing since we got promoted we definitely are due to some funds to come back into the transfer kitty. No doubt we will spend big on the right players / position but we already had / have a pretty big squad

Agreed, this year we don't need loads of new players, just the quality addition in a couple of key spots. Hopefully these can be made as they wont be cheap, however funds have been saved to help enable this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m getting to the stage now where I would go for Pukki just to take away some of the pressure

It’s not a perfect choice but he scored goals and yes it dried up for him but you have to wonder if he was trying to feed off scraps at the end

I would still be looking for another but I think we would be in a better place than we currently are

Why are you feeling 'the pressure'?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Ideally we need to get a pacey LB/LWB, a pacey defensive midfielder (Stephens replacement, not sure Molumby is quite there yet) and two strikers (one who can play as part of a 3, replacement for Ali J).

I'll start to get anxious about our season if we haven't strengthened in those areas sufficiently by 6th October.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I've also seen a tweet stating that we would be 'safe by Christmas' if we had signed Callum Wilson. In case nobody has noticed, Pukki's and Wilson's clubs were both relegated last season. So was Troy Deeney's. I like Josh King but he was relegated too. None of these strikers in themselves provide a magic bullet.

Okay, they would be playing for a better team if they (had) joined us - one which doesn't concede goals for fun. But they have to be able to play in our system, and after watching the West Brom game I'm thinking that means making the most of very limited service. .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Starting to feel it all getting away from us if I’m honest

Is it?

How do you know it's getting away from 'us'?

As it stands the club has exactly the same amount of viable strikers as it's had since the end of lockdown.
Had the striker situation got away from 'us' as 'we' were winning v Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Is it?

How do you know it's getting away from 'us'?

As it stands the club has exactly the same amount of viable strikers as it's had since the end of lockdown.
Had the striker situation got away from 'us' as 'we' were winning v Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley?

We had backup. In fact, that backup provided an assist in our rather good point at Stains. Don’t rewrite history just to suit your agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here