Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Is it?

How do you know it's getting away from 'us'?

As it stands the club has exactly the same amount of viable strikers as it's had since the end of lockdown.
Had the striker situation got away from 'us' as 'we' were winning v Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley?

That’s just it I don’t know it’s just my opinion, if we still had Glen I’d feel more comfortable.

I’d actually be ok if Florin was fit to start the season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s just it I don’t know it’s just my opinion, if we still had Glen I’d feel more comfortable.

I’d actually be ok if Florin was fit to start the season

I genuinely don't understand how you could feel more comfortable with a player in the squad who was fully fit yet only played 70 minutes in the last 9 games and created just 1 assist.

I too would be happy with Andone but HMS BatShite sailed long ago.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I genuinely don't understand how you could feel more comfortable with a player in the squad who was fully fit yet only played 70 minutes in the last 9 games and created just 1 assist.

I too would be happy with Andone but HMS BatShite sailed long ago.

Ok rocket scientist

If your opinion is so much better than everyone else’s

Let’s hear it then

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok rocket scientist

If your opinion is so much better than everyone else’s

Let’s hear it then

It's not.

But as have said Murray wasn't going to play any part in the season, he was 'phased out' at the end of last season.
If anything GM not being in the squad should been seen as a huge bonus it means the powers that be can no longer lean on (fob us off with) their 'emotional support striker'.

Another striker WILL arrive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The obvious place to send him is Sheff Utd. They are desperately short up front, but with a great manager, plenty of decent players elsewhere in the squad and only a couple of hours away down the M62.

Sharp, McBurnie, McGoldrick, Mousset, Robinson
Brewster's far more likely to come to us because, alongside plenty of other things, we can offer him more game time given our smaller roster of strikers :thumbsup:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Other clubs are making moves now Batman to Palace, Watkins to Villa and Wilson to Newcastle in last day or so...This starts clearing path for other clubs such as ourselves. Id imagine Brewster fits nicely into our strategy (especially after success of Lamptey etc) so hopefully we show our hand on the Breswter deal...

Sheffield United apparently favourites for Brewster (although only paper talk). Maybe a case of musical chairs and when the music stops we'll get left with ?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I worry for some of you and your mental wellbeing.

There’s a significant chance we won’t get another player in until near the end of the window. So that’s what, best part of a month? You can’t do this to yourself everyday.

More deals become available, clubs and players are more amicable flexible to a move and you generally get better prices.

So far. Of the forward signings done by our “rivals”, the only one that irks me slightly is Watkins. Let’s see if we get Brewster, we must have a good relationship with Liverpool, Klopp has admired GP and our club. Seems we must have a reasonable chance. Fingers crossed.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Maybe we should get all the youngsters in:

Folarin Balogun (19) & Rhian Brewster (20) to accompany Aaron Connolly (20).

FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

(none of them are 6ft of course - Brewster is close)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sharp, McBurnie, McGoldrick, Mousset, Robinson
Brewster's far more likely to come to us because, alongside plenty of other things, we can offer him more game time given our smaller roster of strikers :thumbsup:

That lot scored 3, 6, 2, 6 and 1 Prem goals between them, so a combined 18 goals in 77 starts and 61 sub appearances. That's mediocre. I'd fancy Brewster to break into that side, hold down a place and score more than the 6 their top striker managed last season. I think if Brewster came here he'd be in direct competition with Connolly, a player who had a decent breakthrough season that ended well and he is now Ireland's main striker threat. 10-goal Maupay would take some displacing too.

Sheff Utd were successful because they have a mean defence and because Fleck / Lundstram chipped in with 10 goals between them. To simply consolidate - never mind progress - they have to upgrade in the striker department. Prem managers have now had 2 looks at them, and if they don't mix it up a bit they could be dragged into an arm wrestle in the bottom half of the table.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Josh King? Still technically available.... similar goal record to Callum Wilson.

Completely agree with this and would surely be a bit cheaper than Wilson as well. Failing that, could Danny Welbeck be an option with regular game time to get him back to his past levels of sharpness ?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Completely agree with this and would surely be a bit cheaper than Wilson as well. Failing that, could Danny Welbeck be an option with regular game time to get him back to his past levels of sharpness ?

Danny Welbeck was awful for Watford, looked totally uninterested most of the time. But for me we could do a lot worse than Josh King. If Wilson has left Bournemouth for £20million then surely we could tempt them with somewhere around the £15-17million mark for King. He's 28 so little sell on value but in his 5 Prem seasons he has scored 7, 16, 9, 12 & 6 goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here