Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
£28m for Watkins. That’s a v large sum in a depressed market. Wages at £70kpw as well. Think we can get better value. Brentford have totally stitched them up.

I really think Dean Smith is clueless with transfers.

At Brentford they have a well defined recruitment model already set up, at Villa he's been a disaster, foreign punts who are nearly all shit and now turning to old players who played for him before. With the exception of Matty Cash, and millions spunked on dross. He is desperate

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Talking at work, do the rest of us see something different to TB or Potter?

Even before Murray went, we needed a proven, fit, striker who could score at least 10 PL goals, preferably nearer 15, in the forthcoming season.

It's not rocket science, players like that are going to cost, as any team is only as good as their front two.

But will we actually get a striker in before Monday?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Next target,

Rhian Brewster: Liverpool considering selling 20-year-old with buy-back clause
Aston Villa, Brighton, Newcastle and Sheffield United have expressed interest

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ring-selling-20-year-old-with-buy-back-clause

with Villa and Newcastle spunking a good wadge already, surely we are more appealing than Sheffield United, but I guess not

article i read yesterday said Sheff Utd were firm favourites if he's offered fro perm sale

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That’s what you have to do to beat Spurs off.

BY-XrKtIgAAP8lk.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Even before Murray went, we needed a proven, fit, striker who could score at least 10 PL goals, preferably nearer 15, in the forthcoming season.

It's not rocket science, players like that are going to cost, as any team is only as good as their front two.

Not a chance in my view. One might possibly arrive late this week, but unlikely to be dropped in for Monday, and could be a few weeks if coming from abroad due to quarantine issues. Best prepare for our first 3 fixtures with the squad we have.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

While not unimportant, I don't think the Monday bit will be top of their minds.
I don't know obviously, but I'd say we'd get one striker in before the window closes, and a good one too.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
While not unimportant, I don't think the Monday bit will be top of their minds.
I don't know obviously, but I'd say we'd get one striker in before the window closes, and a good one too.

So how easy will that be with our tough start and likely lowly league position after the first few games? No, now is the time to sign the required striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Can't see it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we will. 6pm today.

Training Thur

In the squad to play mon.

Striker then on bench so we can change the game if needed

Happy days

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really think Dean Smith is clueless with transfers.

At Brentford they have a well defined recruitment model already set up, at Villa he's been a disaster, foreign punts who are nearly all shit and now turning to old players who played for him before. With the exception of Matty Cash, and millions spunked on dross. He is desperate
I'll Eden a guess it's the difference between working for an astute financially intelligent owner and working for someone who wants a status symbol to wave his willy at.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So how easy will that be with our tough start and likely lowly league position after the first few games? No, now is the time to sign the required striker.

Of course it is, but is the right man at a good price, who'd take the appropriate wage in our structure, ready and willing to choose us over other options?

You can't answer that can you.

The need is blindingly obvious, the reality much harder.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I reckon we'll go for Brewster if he's allowed to go for £20m.

Villa surely won't be after him anymore now.

Sheff Utd and Palace are after him too.

Palace loaned Batshuayi, reports say Sheff utd favourites. I bloody hope we go for and get Brewster, a snip at 20 mill in today's market.

Get Lallana and Ashworth on it and don't come back unless it's with Rhian!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course it is, but is the right man at a good price, who'd take the appropriate wage in our structure, ready and willing to choose us over other options?

You can't answer that can you.

The need is blindingly obvious, the reality much harder.

Anyone who writes "the club aren't even saying anything" is clearly a WUM, and rather good at it too.
Certainly suckered me in yesterday, the silly sausage that I am.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Very easy. It may sound like an alien concept to you, but most of them will have an IQ of above 50 and realise that losing against Chelsea and United is not the end of the world. Out of the 100 000 or so professional football players in the world, 98% or so would also be interested in earning £50k a week to play in one of the best leagues, regardless of league position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here