Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but IIRC, Wood was initially excellent for us, then went away on International duty with NZ, came back and basically STUNK the place out for the rest of his spell. His form dropped off a cliff and we got the (fairly standard) couldn't-give-a-toss type performances so common of loan players.

That said, right now I'd have him in a heartbeat if he was here in time for Monday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When is the pre-season fans forum? Don't we usually announce a player just before that? (I believe the recent zoom thing was the return to the amex consultation, not the traditional fans forum).

54 hours (and a bit). I think an exciting signing is imminent.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Okay, you have to buy a really high quality supercomputer to enhance your business. You have two pretty good computers and one backup older one.

The sellers of the supercomputer know they have a high quality product, but they also know you can just about get by with the 3 computers you have.

Then you loan your old backup to another company for the rest of it’s working life. You now have just two computers left, and if one breaks down you have no backup and will be bankrupted within the year.

You then enter negotiations with the supercomputer salesman. Do you feel you are in a better position regarding your prospective purchase, or a worse position after you loaned out your backup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's this whole supercomputer thing that led to the existence of Terminators and them coming back in time to kill us. We really need to be carful what we wish for IMHO.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It's this whole supercomputer thing that led to the existence of Terminators and them coming back in time to kill us. We really need to be carful what we wish for IMHO.

To be honest, I wouldn’t say no to a T-1 upfront. Would literally destroy the opposition

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but IIRC, Wood was initially excellent for us, then went away on International duty with NZ, came back and basically STUNK the place out for the rest of his spell. His form dropped off a cliff and we got the (fairly standard) couldn't-give-a-toss type performances so common of loan players.

That said, right now I'd have him in a heartbeat if he was here in time for Monday.

it was just like that, pretty gash and disinterested, couldnt then see him being any good.

but he is, and thats all a long long time ago. Doubt it has much relevance to today for what we'd get now if we bought him, or how he'd feel being our player this time around.

2 different clubs, 2 different players

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Watkins to Villa is no surprise.

Still all to play for (in descending order or wow to no!!!!)

Gomez
Edouard
Dembele
Weghorst
Córdoba
King
Brewster
Andersson
Balogun
Wind
Pukki
Dia

I would have Brewster higher up that list. Exciting young player who clearly knows where the onion bag is.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I got promoted and long since left.

That is absolute crazy money.

I would be appalled if The Albion offered that.

I guess they're desperate having failed to sign Wilson.

It is crazy money but at least they have pumped 40 odd million into the EPL.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Good signing for them.. don’t see the problem there.

It’s a shame they didn’t go down, they seemingly have no issues with wages.

Just seems a hell of a lot to me. A good signing - yes, but up to £33m!

I can't see us going to that level of outlay for any forward in this Covid reduced income time.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Now this would be a good signing. Known to Ashworth presumably as well?

Given Brewster or Watkins, Id take Brewster personally.

being cynical, it will be Watkins to Villa, Brewster somewhere else and we're happy with what we have as Boluaye Dia falls through on deadline day!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here