Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
At the start of last season we had 5 strikers. Potter shifted 2 out and from that time we have been desperate to get at least one in. It is a mystery why since then no one has come in. Our defence has been OK for some time but we continue to buy when striker should be our priority. Lets hope he comes good but Connelly not yet up to it. Dont think Championship clubs would be queuing up to loan him

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've said this before but I really like the 27-year old Colombian Jhon Cordoba of Cologne, and in the last few weeks he's entered the final year of his contract, so will be affordable. He's making noises about leaving too.

6 foot 2, big, strong, powerful, holds the ball up, two footed, can score with his head, 31 goals in La Liga and the Bundesliga including 12 in 26 last season.

The season before that he did the Ollie Watkins thing, banging in 20 in the second tier.

What is there not to like?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He was backup last year. He would have been this season, but even more of a bit part player. Letting him go was correct, but it is all about timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timing is irrelevant. Being a 37 year old back up would even register in negotiations for a new striker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Timing is irrelevant. Being a 37 year old back up would even register in negotiations for a new striker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I dont think Nunez was close to signing for £25m when the Almeria president noticed the departure of Glenn Murray and said "No señor padre Glenn?! Me want £40m! £100m!!!"

Its a non-factor really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NSC a few years ago.

Think I wrote this the other day but was lucky enough to be picked out for NSC sponsors dinner that season and sat with him and Bridcutt. Was next to Wood and he was really complimentary about the club and his time here. Although I guess he would say that - and he does celebrate a lot when he scores against us annoyingly :lol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I’m still optimistic we will get someone for the first few games so we can change the game from the bench by bringing on a striker

Still optimistic and hopeful club have it in place for the first game

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
At the start of last season we had 5 strikers. Potter shifted 2 out and from that time we have been desperate to get at least one in. It is a mystery why since then no one has come in. Our defence has been OK for some time but we continue to buy when striker should be our priority. Lets hope he comes good but Connelly not yet up to it. Dont think Championship clubs would be queuing up to loan him

Really?

Potter hardly 'shifted 2 out'. DJ strollabout was a waste of space and Andone basically put himself up for transfer. Not Potters men.

As for the 'mystery' of no new striker - have you been paying attention? And what, we should not have signed Webster, Veltman, Lallana, Lamptey and whoever else just because we need a striker? Potter needs a team thats going to play his style of football, the team we had was built around Hughtons style. Thats why he's brought in different players for postions we 'had' players for and let others go that arent upto playing Potterball (Duffers, Montoya, Greyhound, Knocky etc...)

Connolly would be welcomed in most Championship teams, wtf are you on about?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’ve heard it said that Veltman was brought in so that we could confidently play three at the back, thus allowing BDB to go up front.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I think it is great that so many think everything is so good. I just like to be more realistic.and say it is disappointing that with a week to go that we only have one proven striker in squad. I also think we all go a little overboard in praise of Potterball. This happens most of time in our own half and more often then not ends with a long ball for Connelly or Maupay to chase. Hopefully with Lalana on board we have somebody making themself available nearer to Maupay.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Okay, you have to buy a really high quality supercomputer to enhance your business. You have two pretty good computers and one backup older one.

The sellers of the supercomputer know they have a high quality product, but they also know you can just about get by with the 3 computers you have.

Then you loan your old backup to another company for the rest of it’s working life. You now have just two computers left, and if one breaks down you have no backup and will be bankrupted within the year.

You then enter negotiations with the supercomputer salesman. Do you feel you are in a better position regarding your prospective purchase, or a worse position after you loaned out your backup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite frankly the worst analogy of a football transfer negotiation I’ve had the pleasure of reading.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think it is great that so many think everything is so good. I just like to be more realistic.and say it is disappointing that with a week to go that we only have one proven striker in squad. I also think we all go a little overboard in praise of Potterball. This happens most of time in our own half and more often then not ends with a long ball for Connelly or Maupay to chase. Hopefully with Lalana on board we have somebody making themself available nearer to Maupay.

Not a week, the transfer window has a month to go.

I strongly suspect this is causing some issues for more than a few clubs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've said this before but I really like the 27-year old Colombian Jhon Cordoba of Cologne, and in the last few weeks he's entered the final year of his contract, so will be affordable. He's making noises about leaving too.

6 foot 2, big, strong, powerful, holds the ball up, two footed, can score with his head, 31 goals in La Liga and the Bundesliga including 12 in 26 last season.

The season before that he did the Ollie Watkins thing, banging in 20 in the second tier.

What is there not to like?

He’s a proper handful, I keep an eye on Köln as they’re my favoured German team, he’s the bright spark in an otherwise pedestrian team.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He allegedly hated his last loan with us.

Even if that was true, which it may or not be, would it really stop him from returning? Realistically it’s a different manager and coaching team, different training facilities, different stadium, different ownership, different squad and different owner, even the kit is different, it’s like 2 completely different clubs, if he really doesn’t want to return his loan spell must have been truly awful.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Think it's more of a case of Jorge Mendes moving his clients around, rather than Wolves wanting rid. He's supposedly off to Porto despite them being skint.

Yeah that makes sense to be fair :lolol: Contracted until 2024 I think, so may cost £10-15mill! Probably a lot more actually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here