Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He played 70 minutes since lockdown.

The club would have to be negotiating with people so painfully stupid they couldn't possibly run EVEN a football club, if they thought Murray was going to kick a Premier League ball, this season. So part of the strategy going forward.

All they had to do was say to Muzza wait until we get a striker in, then you can go to Watford (deal already done) but, no, they just showed our poor hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
All they had to do was say to Muzza wait until we get a striker in, then you can go to Watford (deal already done) but, no, they just showed our poor hand.

What poor hand? What are you talking about?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Out of interest (because I haven't been following it and can't be arsed to look it up), what's the deal with Andone? Is he here? Is he still in Turkey? Is he still ours but locked in the cupboard to prevent him making a tit of himself again? Is he in the new "Adam Lallana Treatment Room"?

Won't be fit until at least January anyway will he (torn ACL and MCL) ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Injured, will be back in training in December or January or something..

Won't be fit until at least January anyway will he (torn ACL and MCL) ?

Ta. Not much of an improvement on the current status really, and certainly doesn't mean the club are relying on him as the extra striker.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So you admit it’s not always possible to get a transfer deal done early, yet you condemn the club for it?

Your logic is flawed.

I admit nothing of the sort. The point is the recruitment team had one major goal for this window. They have less than a week to achieve it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I admit nothing of the sort. The point is the recruitment team had one major goal for this window. They have less than a week to achieve it.

No they don’t. The window is open for another month.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

As indeed is the case for most teams who are last to feed at the trough.

They have nearly a month left anyway.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Seriously, have a proper think about it.

You want me to think through and present your incoherent argument in a way that makes actual logical sense? Why should I do that.

You raised the point.

Explain why loaning Murray to Watford demonstrates the club “showing our poor hand”. It doesn’t even make sense. Go.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No they don’t. The window is open for another month.

And the season starts with Chelsea at home

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You want me to think through and present your incoherent argument in a way that makes actual logical sense? Why should I do that.

You raised the point.

Explain why loaning Murray to Watford demonstrates the club “showing our poor hand”. It doesn’t even make sense. Go.

I am not covering your intellectual shortcomings.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

More 'facts' ????

They had a number of goals.........and have, I'd imagine, kept Bloom and Potter quite happy so far with their work. They'll also be working on multiple striker options (some of which they'll have been working on for YEARS) - if they 'fail' it won't be down to lack of effort but any signing has to meet a whole load of criteria. Loads of teams are also looking for strikers - demand outstrips supply unless you're prepared flunk several tens of millions, blow your wage structure (upsetting others in doing so), risk an expensive dud or get someone in that turns out to be a ****head. Doubt we're prepared to do any of that thankfully.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I am not covering your intellectual shortcomings.

I'd suggest someone who spends all day every day shitting themselves repeatedly over something they have no control over on an internet forum is the last person qualified to measure someone else's intellect.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think you owe an apology. You didn’t know the window was open another month did you? Apologise to the club, and to everyone here at NSC.

I know when the window closes thank you. I just don’t agree we should be waiting for the dregs and panic buys. No apology necessary.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Seriously, have a proper think about it.

You raised the point.

Explain why loaning Murray to Watford demonstrates the club “showing our poor hand”. It doesn’t even make sense. Go!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You raised the point.

Muzza was never going to figure much this season................not sure why people can't see that. Letting him go is irrelevant in the context of signing anyone new.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here