Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
With only Maupay and unproven Connelly starting to think will be happy with anyone coming in. Very strange leaving it so late. We have always been told recruitment department have several players for each position to go for when needed.

It’s not leaving it late there’s a month to go until the deadline?

Most deals happen that side of the window.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
[MENTION=99]@b.w.2. , I really owe you an apology.

I’ve always thought bw2 stood for bedwetter too, again, my sincere apologies.

Lol [emoji23] I can see why you might think that, but I promise you the B and the W both stand for different words. I find the bed wetter accusations lazy and not just when aimed at me. It is too simplistic. Anyway, some fans are just more concerned than others and should not be labelled wetters just because they have a different view to those who are relaxed about our striker acquisition problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I personally think we're 1 striker short. The last thing we want to do is rush that signing.

I agree 100%. Just think we should already have done our prep work months ago and already landed our striker target.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Offloading Murray now has as much relevance to the current striker situation as a sundeck has on a submarine.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Not a striker but Wolves are looking to offload Ruben Vinagre, 21 year old Portuguese left wing back which could suit very nicely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree 100%. Just think we should already have done our prep work months ago and already landed our striker target.

So you believe the club didn't notice it had a pensioner, a volatile Frenchman and a hairy manchild as it's only striker options until a few weeks ago?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes, but what do you think about our current striker situation?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Got a feeling we’re going to announce a signing tonight or tomorrow...

Eduard [emoji123] it’s all gone quiet with him.

Or, Dembele.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Offloading Murray now has as much relevance to the current striker situation as a sundeck has on a submarine.

I disagree. Have you ever negotiated a major contract when the seller knows you are holding a poor hand? Well, I have, and I can tell you we just made it so easy for all our sellers to up their price. We did it to ourselves.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So you believe the club didn't notice it had a pensioner, a volatile Frenchman and a hairy manchild as it's only striker options until a few weeks ago?

No, but they certainly seem to be behaving like it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I disagree. Have you ever negotiated a major contract when the seller knows you are holding a poor hand? Well, I have, and I can tell you we just made it so easy for all our sellers to up their price. We did it to ourselves.

Doesn't everyone know you have a poor hand? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He played 70 minutes since lockdown.

The club would have to be negotiating with people so painfully stupid they couldn't possibly run EVEN a football club, if they thought Murray was going to kick a Premier League ball, this season. So part of the strategy going forward.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Not a striker but Wolves are looking to offload Ruben Vinagre, 21 year old Portuguese left wing back which could suit very nicely.

Think it's more of a case of Jorge Mendes moving his clients around, rather than Wolves wanting rid. He's supposedly off to Porto despite them being skint.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We should be rejoicing the fact that Murray has gone as it means the club might not want to go into the season with 1.5 recognized strikers.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Out of interest (because I haven't been following it and can't be arsed to look it up), what's the deal with Andone? Is he here? Is he still in Turkey? Is he still ours but locked in the cupboard to prevent him making a tit of himself again? Is he in the new "Adam Lallana Treatment Room"?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Out of interest (because I haven't been following it and can't be arsed to look it up), what's the deal with Andone? Is he here? Is he still in Turkey? Is he still ours but locked in the cupboard to prevent him making a tit of himself again? Is he in the new "Adam Lallana Treatment Room"?

Injured, will be back in training in December or January or something..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here