Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The fast majority realise that we need a striker but with a month left in the window we aren’t shitting our pants. You seem to running around shouting ‘fire’!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This.

The gap (or gaps if you include a left back) are obvious enough to all of us.

We all know, BW2 included, that the club's preference is for deals to be done out of the public eye as much as possible until all is done (see: Veltman) and yet he seems determined to behave as if the current silence means nothing is happening.

I can't claim any ITK status, but I very much doubt that is the case, and am happy to trust the the club know what they're doing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He was the only player on the bench that didn't feature, which suggests to me that Potter doesn't have the highest of hopes for him.

True enough, but likewise there could be any number of reasons that happened. St Pauli also said they wanted him back, so not sure why that wouldn't be announced if he wasn't in our plans?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
With only Maupay and unproven Connelly starting to think will be happy with anyone coming in. Very strange leaving it so late. We have always been told recruitment department have several players for each position to go for when needed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With only Maupay and unproven Connelly starting to think will be happy with anyone coming in. Very strange leaving it so late. We have always been told recruitment department have several players for each position to go for when needed.

Once again I ask 'how many consecutive windows does this have to happen in before it's no longer 'very strange' '?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Think his name was mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread. Can see Karlan Grant ending up at 'bottom 10' club before the window closes. He's quick, 6'1, only 22 and similar to Nunez in many respects. 20 goals in a struggling Huddersfield team is a good return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32x0usYyqf4

It wouldn't surprise me if he was on the list of possibilities.

Not a bad shout to be honest.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Once again I ask 'how many consecutive windows does this have to happen in before it's no longer 'very strange' '?

We're probably better set with Maupay, Connolly, Gyokeres, and makeshift forward Trossard, than previous windows too. There is no window more relevant than the current window though. :hilton:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Talking of which, couldn't we just have bounced last window's striker thread? It's like a Bear Pit of transfer rumours in here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Talking of which, couldn't we just have bounced last window's striker thread? It's like a Bear Pit of transfer rumours in here.

Certainly the Greatest Hits:-

'Now That's What I Call We Need A Striker vol 739512'.

We're onto the compilation albums that couldn't afford the original artist.

#LookItUpKidz :lol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I bet you were fun on Christmas Eve as a kid? " has Father Christmas been yet" No go back to bed. " I can't I've wet it"

lol [emoji23] was probably sleeping in my nice dry bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The fast majority realise that we need a striker but with a month left in the window we aren’t shitting our pants. You seem to running around shouting ‘fire’!

Yes, we have 28 days. However, we should have already landed a striker IMHO. It is clearly better to get someone in before our very tough start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree, it's just I'm surprised we agreed to Murray being loaned out, whilst we had not signed a replacement.
I'm sure Watford would have been happy to wait a few more weeks..

Actually that’s what makes me more confident.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Certainly the Greatest Hits:-

'Now That's What I Call We Need A Striker vol 739512'.

We're onto the compilation albums that can't afford the original artist.

#LookItUpKidz :lol:

Albion does Embassy records?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here