Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So if He goes who do we want next?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Icy Gull said:
Well Taylor was very wise to tell DK to find somebody else to work on the budget, wouldn't you say, in retrospect?

Absolutely.

Can someone set up a poll for this?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Jimmy Saville said:
I understand where you're coming from. The only reason I say this is we have had three managers quit for other clubs in the past five or six seasons. If the club was in their heart they may have stayed.

At least thats something MM seems to have in his heart cant knock him for that

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
Simpson would do nicely, but failing that, the Dean Wilkins/Paul Hart dream team gets my backing.
Agreed.
I wouldn't want Ian Holloway, he'd not be much of an improvement on McGhee and I don't like the long ball.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
withdeanwombat said:
Brian Clough

Bill Shankly

Jock Stein.

All as likely as many mentioned here.

Or Mark McGhee,who nearly made a silk purse from a sows ear.Directors are as daft as the rest of us,and whoever manages will be hogtied by the prevailing circumstances."Names" wouldn't touch the job with a barge pole and we'd end up with a Richard Money type.

Loud shouts of "Who?"
Good work. Honestly some people on this board think this is a game of Championship Manager. Jean Tigana!! Wake up.

Here's an idea for a successful close season: let's spend all available money on paying off McGhee and paying compensation out for someone decent when we could have given McGhee money to re-build. If Derek " he's a wanker and you can print that" gets his way, mark my words, that will be a retrograde step for the club. Knight has led this club from abyss to the Championship whilst having the resoucres of a 3rd division club playing at somewhere like Withdean! Chapman should back Knight, for now. If McGhee hasn't got us into top 6 by the end of September then that's the time to consider his position. Not now. We should be out trying to sign new players and let the present squad know where they stand vis-a-via their futures. Instead we've got all this. Yes McGhee's made some mistakes, show me a manager who hasn't? But his overall record is pretty ok: promotion at first attempt; miracalously kept us up last season and yes we've gone down this year after the club had to sell the best players. Some of you people who want him out are living in cloud cuckooland.

McGhee IN!

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sneaky George said:
Good work. Honestly some people on this board think this is a game of Championship Manager. Jean Tigana!! Wake up.

Here's an idea for a successful close season: let's spend all available money on paying off McGhee and paying compensation out for someone decent when we could have given McGhee money to re-build. If Derek " he's a wanker and you can print that" gets his way, mark my words, that will be a retrograde step for the club. Knight has led this club from abyss to the Championship whilst having the resoucres of a 3rd division club playing at somewhere like Withdean! Chapman should back Knight, for now. If McGhee hasn't got us into top 6 by the end of September then that's the time to consider his position. Not now. We should be out trying to sign new players and let the present squad know where they stand vis-a-via their futures. Instead we've got all this. Yes McGhee's made some mistakes, show me a manager who hasn't? But his overall record is pretty ok: promotion at first attempt; miracalously kept us up last season and yes we've gone down this year after the club had to sell the best players. Some of you people who want him out are living in cloud cuckooland.

McGhee IN!

This is a fair point. But maybe the mystery investor does not trust MM with his money (if he is investing in the playing side) Molango, Turienzo, Dodd, McCammon etc etc

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
34064 Fighter Command said:
But McGhee isn't writing the cheques, isn't this ' mystery investor ' man enough to say NO, if he doesn't like the signing.

I think its a case of if I put MORE money in then he has to go as he has wasted enough already.

It maybe more of a case of 'enough is enough'.

Just my opinion tho!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Sneaky George said:

McGhee IN!

Part of me wants to agree, but I feel that McGhee has lost the respect of the players and once a manager loses the dressing room then there's only ever one outcome so I think he has to go.

Perhaps then the legendary team spirit that has been with us over the last 6 years can be found again.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
A few suggestions!

Ian Holloway
Nigel Clough
Dennis Wise
Paul Simpson
Mark Wright
John Aldridge
Gary Megson