Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
John Gregory?

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
BensGrandad said:
Graeme Souness fills both spots mystery investor and manager.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Very funny. I thought you said that you knew who the mystery investor was (and his pie in the sky plans) but that you were too inportant to tell us. Or did I hear that wrong?

Sorry, events of today are leaving me with a big sense of humour failure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Danny Cullip as player-manager.

He'd slap a few of this season's wankers who have been TALKING an awful lot about the Albion Fighting Team Spirit, without actually showing any evidence of it whatsoever.

Whoever it is should get rid of those poncey group huddles before the match. They're about as relevant to the Albion's game as the 4-5-1 formation with CKR up front.

bakesy said:
John Gregory?
Ah, but would he know The Withdean stadium if it was standing on Brighton beach decorated in a huge blue and white striped shirt, a ball under each of its six stands and a Seagull on its highest point.

Icy Gull said:
Well Taylor was very wise to tell DK to find somebody else to work on the budget, wouldn't you say, in retrospect?

HARDLY. hOW SUCCESSFUL HAS BEEN THIS SEASON AT hULL WITH A FEKIN BIG STADIUM TO BANKROLL HIM.

NOT MUCH MORE THAN McGhee

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
We could do a lot worse than John Hollins. Maybe Hollins as Assistant to Wendy Wilkins? Has done a very good job in dire circumstances at Crawley. And how about King from Lewis as reserve team coach.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dean Wilkins and John Crumplin.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Storer68 said:
HARDLY. hOW SUCCESSFUL HAS BEEN THIS SEASON AT hULL WITH A FEKIN BIG STADIUM TO BANKROLL HIM.

NOT MUCH MORE THAN McGhee

Two promotions and holding their place in the Championship from the man who "lost his bottle" according to many Albion fans at the time. He has been very succesfull, we however went exactly where he said we'd go, which was down a division. Seems like he made a smart move and the right one imo. But most importantly he was right about the budget that Albion managers are expected to work with in the Championship. Nobody that would come to this club would have kept us up this season and sacking MM who has shown loyalty to this club is folly, again just imo. I have no doubts if he'd walked at the end of last season he would be working at a Championship club now.

Icy Gull said:
Seems like he made a smart move and the right one imo.

And of course he was not slow to rub in the point in this past season to everyone in the away end at the KC stadium. When we presented him with the open goal of "should have stayed with a big club", he was only happy to point directly to what he had got (and by clear implication what we hadn't).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst he has made mistakes this season it strikes me there isn't anyone any better qualified than McGhee to do the job.

Horses for courses. McGhee has experience of getting teams out of League One, thats what we need. We also can save the money we would have to spend on paying him off! The close season is crucial and changing a manager could mean starting afresh when perhaps what we should be doing is adding to the general policy of bringing through good young players.

I personally thinK McGhees/Knights long term strategy is right, if a little frustrating in the short term.

That said if he does go, get back Micky Adams at all costs, or go for Danny Wilson. Both have proven themselves at the correct level.

Oct 25, 2003
what a cockfest this is

john gregory?! PUR-LEASE

if mick mccarthy went for the job i'd be suprised, and be equally suprised if we could afford his wages.....his career is hardly glistening with gold is it?

good stint at millwall(why does that sound familiar?)...they did collapse after he left didn't they? but he didn't achieve THAT much on paper

ireland- meh, he did ok....ONE tournament qualification in 2002 in which they did fairly well (quarter finals was it?) but failed in 96?(dunno if he was manager then), 98, 2000 and 2004

sunderland- two relegations and a promotion, first relegation wasn't REALLY his fault, although he hardly improved the situation...failed in the play-offs the next year, won the championship the next, they seemed to creep into 1st though didn't they? it seemed wigan would win it for a while, then ipswich...this season they have been total SHIT, but a lack of investment could be to blame

anyway, i've wasted loads of time writing that, i doubt he'll apply anyway

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Dean Wilkins will be involved either as assistant or given the job, I suspect.

There are obviously a number of influences forcing directors and investors to force their hand, Falmer, relegation etc..

I very, very strongly suspect, another important "influence" is keeping Dean at the club.

I'm saddened by the nature of Mcghee's leaving in the sense that irrespective of this years performance (and we hit rock bottom at the weekend), I would trust him to get his back up.

Anyway, managers come and go

If I had the chance I would like to personally thank Mark Mcghee for making such an effort to work under such tight restraints and particular in his vocal support in the press for the stadium campaign.

Lets hope the right decision is made for the right reasons.

Oct 25, 2003
i would like dean wilkins as assistant somebody with a big of experiance and that....get him trained up then deano can take over

he is a real coaching talent and we should strive to keep him

he could assist his brother although ray is hardly a managerial MASTERCLASS is he?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
dcseagull said:
We could do a lot worse than John Hollins. Maybe Hollins as Assistant to Wendy Wilkins? Has done a very good job in dire circumstances at Crawley. And how about King from Lewis as reserve team coach.

Always thought Hollins fell quite a lot short of the mark eg Swansea and wasn't he once at QPR? Met him once at Bickley Cricket Club when both picking our kids up and talked to him about the 0-0 against Chelsea when Boyle and Gould got sent off in '67 for fighting at the Goldstone - nice enough bloke, but not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here