Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Gus asked to leave the club in March!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The shocking thing is not that Gus asked to leave in March, but that Bloom DIDN'T let him. Surely if your manager doesn't want to be at the club you HAVE to let him go? You're better off with no manager than one who wants out.

I don't often agree with you, but you're spot on.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The shocking thing is not that Gus asked to leave in March, but that Bloom DIDN'T let him. Surely if your manager doesn't want to be at the club you HAVE to let him go? You're better off with no manager than one who wants out.

They did try to let him go though to Reading. Not Blooms fault Gus said no.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of what Gus was thinking it would definitely have been in his interest to have beaten Palace in the play-offs. By the sound of it the management on both sides did well to keep a lid on things for as long as they did.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think my views on Poyet have just been given some credibility after tonight don't you???

Your views are racist so can have no credibility. Don't try to make yourself out to be some sort of saviour of the truth now. You didn't want another foreign manager but we have Oscar. How soon before you turn on him?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

We don't know all the ins and outs do we, if we let Gus walk we effectively lose any compensation etc.
One thing is for sure my opinion of Gus has changed. I also know with Gus he won't be able to keep his mouth shut and a response is now on the cards.... This is now becoming more apparent.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I agree with you in principle....But you don't give into a spoilt child everytime they cry and stamp their feet when they don't get the toy they want. Especially when you just spent £2m on another toy and they are still not happy....Bloom was caught between a rock and a hard place. Truth be told, I reckon if someone had stumped up the compo, then he would have gone.But they didn't so he stayed and the rest as they say, is history.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well not really. What is the point in having a contract and these compensation clauses when managers think they can just waltz off whenever it suits them? If you sign a contract you should honour it and abide by what is in it.

Agreed. And it is not as if our form after that took a dip, until that last match of course.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well not really. What is the point in having a contract and these compensation clauses when managers think they can just waltz off whenever it suits them? If you sign a contract you should honour it and abide by what is in it.

Poyet would have had to pay compensation if his resignation had been accepted. The club would have had more money out of it, and makes it more puzzling as to why Bloom didn't accept it.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Gus played the worst possible tactics against Palace in both games. It was his fault we never went to Wembley, and I will never forgive him for it.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
It seems to me that a contracted manager was trying to wriggle out of his contract to nullify the compo aspect to take up alternative employment , all this i'm off at the end of the season but i'll go tomorrow if you want and its not open for discussion.
it makes me laugh all this sympathy for Poyet being told on live TV he has been given the size 9. if it was me I would have stormed the BBC studio's, tied him to his chair with duct tape and drawn a big fat penis on his forehead in permanent marker pen.

Once again I applaud Sir Tony of Bloom

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Something just occurred to me .... Is it possible that the timing of this isn't about being poached by another club but more to do with transfer policy/budget?
If memory serves me correctly it was about that time that we were desperately trying to get a loan striker in, and it seemed impossible that we wouldn't given the lack of fit options. Was Gus denied the budget and consequently the player he wanted and thus decided he'd hit the ceiling and wanted to leave? Would explain a lot of the subsequent comments.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Where's your proof that they went there? Poyet was at Gatwick airport at 6am flying out to Barbados.

Did it all happen on one day then???...lol....where's anyones proof on anything, believe what you like....He's gone thank f**k..........Oscar Garcia's blue and white army!!! and the players are all happy again.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We don't know all the ins and outs do we, if we let Gus walk we effectively lose any compensation etc.
One thing is for sure my opinion of Gus has changed. I also know with Gus he won't be able to keep his mouth shut and a response is now on the cards.... This is now becoming more apparent.

Well he is on goals on Sunday this weekend and Ben Shephard has already suggested they will be asking him about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here