Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Gus asked to leave the club in March!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We won that game 3-0 and then finished in the playoffs so it didn't affect the team. We also trounced Blackpool.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I mean obviously on a big occasion like that play off semi final the manager needs to be the one motivating the players and like and if his heart wasn't in it and he wanted to leave then maybe that's part of the reason because as I said let's be honest, palace were by far the took who look like they wanted it more and I put that down to the two managers, much as I dislike Wurzel he tactically and mentally outdid us that night

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gus played the worst possible tactics against Palace in both games. It was his fault we never went to Wembley, and I will never forgive him for it.

LOL...erm...not quite the truth ...if we had taken our chances in the first half at selhurst the home leg would have been a tad more comfy....but tis history...new season starts saturday!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Regardless of what Gus was thinking it would definitely have been in his interest to have beaten Palace in the play-offs. By the sound of it the management on both sides did well to keep a lid on things for as long as they did.

I don't agree. Think about it,,,,Poyet was going to get the bullet regardless. Imagine the outcry on here if we had won and the questions other chairman would have asked about Poyet.....It would have been in our interests, but not necessarily Poyet's.....like I say,,terrible performance against Palace, anyone would think the manager wasn't interested.......................

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think you misunderstood what I meant, I mean obviously on a big occasion like that play off semi final the manager needs to be the one motivating the players and like and if his heart wasn't in it and he wanted to leave then maybe that's part of the reason because as I said let's be honest, palace were by far the took who look like they wanted it more and I put that down to the two managers, much as I dislike Wurzel he tactically and mentally outdid us that night

if you are talking about the second leg then indeed i would agree palace were 'up for it''...first leg then i would disagree we by far the better side first half and were definitely 'up for it'

ps excuse me butting in to yur convo with thunder

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

According to Bloom tonight he wanted to leave 13th March, but still managed to motivate the team to get into the playoffs two months later.
Wurzel has form in getting teams promoted through the playoffs. It was his third time he'd been successful against a manager who had only had two years Championship experience.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The fact that there is still people defending the JEC makes me smile.

some people arent necessarily defending him ..maybe just suggesting that those creaming there pants in sheer joy at tonights revelation arent totally right and maybe a touch of humility wouldnt be out of place with some

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We could have accepted his resignation on our terms, ie another club would still have had to pay us if they wanted to take him on.

I agree with you, but Bloom has to prioritise BHAFC over the mood swings of a petulant South American. We've just wasted most of the summer getting rid of him our way, so I can't see why letting him strop off in March would have been any worse. You never know, we might not have totally bottled the biggest match of the season then.

As much as Tony Bloom is a hero to all of us, I can't get my head around the idea that a manager who wanted to resign on March 13th was allowed to stay until May 15th. That's just mental.

mental but not far from carrying it off....what would have been an interesting scenario is if we had been promoted....what then....''well done Gus...yes we are in the premiership..but you wanted out so ta ta'' now that would have been even more interesting

some people arent necessarily defending him ..maybe just suggesting that those creaming there pants in sheer joy at tonights revelation arent totally right and maybe a touch of humility wouldnt be out of place with some

I would always show humility to another, had they shown humility first.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
mental but not far from carrying it off....what would have been an interesting scenario is if we had been promoted....what then....''well done Gus...yes we are in the premiership..but you wanted out so ta ta'' now that would have been even more interesting

I heard that he wanted out even if we'd been promoted.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We could have accepted his resignation on our terms, ie another club would still have had to pay us if they wanted to take him on.

I agree with you, but Bloom has to prioritise BHAFC over the mood swings of a petulant South American. We've just wasted most of the summer getting rid of him our way, so I can't see why letting him strop off in March would have been any worse. You never know, we might not have totally bottled the biggest match of the season then.

As much as Tony Bloom is a hero to all of us, I can't get my head around the idea that a manager who wanted to resign on March 13th was allowed to stay until May 15th. That's just mental.
Agree with that but may be it has worked out for the best this way as Oscar looks very committed to the cause.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Certainly a strange one,,,let him go and Tanno and Oatway would have gone with him...That leaves 8 is it(can't remember), games left to bring an emergency management team in, totally alien to Poyet's style of play and ask them to steer the ship home....I really can't imagine a worse scenario as a chairman. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.....and however much money Bloom has, he can't just let some chancer walk away from a £2m contract. That would make him look weak and a walkover....If the last few months have shown anything I think it's shown our chairman is no walkover and he is Brighton though and though. Which is more than can be said for all the Poyet arse lickers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here