Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skyrim

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I'm a bit impulsive, so I went out and bought it. Glad I did. Sword & Board Nord is the way forward. The block perks (quick reflexes) are awesome. I have slain two giants and their three mammoths!

The game on a whole is very pretty and much improved on Oblivion. The executions feel a bit Fallout-y, if you know what I mean and some of the animation is still a bit wooden. I don't think it takes away from the game on a whole though, which is very, very good.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Yeah, my sneak is high enough to get that perk now.. but the moment that you get into face-to-face combat, and with no potential to dodge attacks based on dexterity, there's just no defence whatsoever. Cue a quick weapon swap to bring out the shield..

Why would you get into face to face combat? My routine is "Sneak up behind-Backstab- Target Dead." or (if they are super hard) "sneak up-backstab-RUN AWAY-hide-sneak up-backstab-target dead" the secret if you find yourself in face to face combat is to just run away and hide!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Could easily spend 12 hours a day playing it without really noticing the time. Scary when you think about it!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
How's everyone doing on this? Have spent a crazy amount of hours on it already :nono:. Not even that far with the main quest, just been doing loads of side missions and dragon slaying - up to level 31 now

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
level 45 Dark Elf Sneaky Bow wielding Assassin.

Main quest just completed.

Absolutely blinking superb game. Can't wait to play all over again with a Battle-Mage.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Have you had many problems with bugs or glitches? Mine has frozen a few times, and one side quest seems to be bugged so I can't complete it. But for the size of the game it's more than acceptable to me.

Am a Nord woman, also a sneaky archer but developing my destruction magic skills a bit too.

This is definitely the first game of it's size that I can't wait to play through all over again whenever I do finish

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think the latest patch mucked this up and increased crashing, and made dragons fly backwards. I stopped playing it as got bogged down in quests need to get back into it, maybe just go straight for the main story quests.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Glad this thread has been bounced because the title STILL makes me snigger, nearly every time.

Am absolutely loving the game. Have just started on the two 'main' storylines - the Dragons and the civil war - after hours of doing various sidequests. Currently level 36 sword and board Redguard, I've maxed out Smithing, which means Dragonbone armour (handed over the Daedric to my sidekick, even though it's got better stats).

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I haven't really played this kind of game before but am loving it. I'm a bit stuck at the moment as I cant figure out how to kill Alduin the Dragon but I'm sure I'll get there.

To answer a post at the start of teh thread regarding the Battlefield series. Battlefield 2 is one of the best games I have ever played, unfortunately I hear Battlefield 3 doesn't reach the same heights.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Really enjoying it, despite the odd backwards flying dragon. Started to accumulate some decent weapons as well. Kept hold of the skeleton key and usually keep the upgraded Nightingale armour for my sneaky archer.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
When you complete the main quest does the game finish or can you carry on?

The came has a A.I engine that generates quests for the likes of the dark brotherhood that will carry on as long as you want I believe.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The game never really finishes. You will do well to finish every single side mission, visit every cave/dungeon/ruins etc. The main quest line is a very small part of it all

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Have you had many problems with bugs or glitches? Mine has frozen a few times, and one side quest seems to be bugged so I can't complete it.

Same - after 50 or so hours in total of play time, I hit a point where the main quest got bugged and I couldn't continue. I can't believe that for a game that was so well publicised and received, there are SO many bugs - just the Skyrim Xbox forums alone have hundreds and hundreds of posts about crashes, glitches and game-stopping quest bugs. It pissed me off enough to send it back to Amazon. They probably wont give me a refund, but it's annoyed me that they've made so much money from the game and it's just full of problems, which they're not even planning on fixing until early next year.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I've had minor glitches dragons flying backwards, flying horses that turn invisible. I had one major glitch during a companion quest where one of the companions were supposed to meet me at the steps to the building, but didn't making the quest impossible to finish. I just skipped back a few saves to before I joined the Companions and carried on.

Any DLC Bethseda make will be substantial add ons and not quick additions, found this blog that might interest a few of you.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here