Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skyrim

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I got Skyrim delivered yesterday a day early (thank you play.com) and can confirm that it is superb.

Visually amazing, new combat system vastly improved, new levelling up system great too.

Really is a go anywhere do anything game.

Already killed me a couple of dragons too.

I appreciate that if you don't enjoy these sorts of games this is probably the saddest thread ever, but If you do by god you are in for a treat.

Mine arrived about half an hour ago, I'm still ridiculously excited. Have been bullied by friends into going to the football tonight (Cambridge United vs Wrexham, FA Cup R1) and then have the in-laws visiting for the weekend so not sure when I'm going to get to play it mind!

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Havent got it yet, guna pop into town after work and invest i think. Aparently the gameplay is many many many many many hours long, thats why i consider it a investment ;)

Cant wait for GTA 5 either!!!

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
My mate and I went in this morning to Game got mine for a fiver after trading in Arkham City. The opening sequence left me staring in wonder with a huge grin on my face.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Well I gave Oblivion another go last night. Lasted about an hour before I was entirely bored again.

I really want to like this game, but the signs aren't good.

Why couldn't it be set in space or some post apocalyptic wasteland?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If the fantasy/nordic setting is a turn off for you maybe this wont be your thing.

However, one thing I would say is that the environments and dungeons are much more varied than Oblivion. The first 5 or 6 dungeons have all been vastly different in style.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Well I gave Oblivion another go last night. Lasted about an hour before I was entirely bored again.

I really want to like this game, but the signs aren't good.

Why couldn't it be set in space or some post apocalyptic wasteland?

Can you not hire it out from Blockbuster or something like that. Try it before you buy it. Then if you don't like it, you haven't wasted £43. Though going on what you've been saying this game is probably not for you.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Is this a definate buy then?

If you liked Oblivion this will be a massive yes. I have been playing a few hours now and most of that was spent staring in wonder at everything. The graphics are excellent, right from the opening sequence I was hooked.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Having seen the rave reviews and in possession of a £5 off voucher for game from sainsbury's thought i's venture out and treat myself. Inevitably bastard crappy Newhaven branch doesn't have any and idiot staff don't know anything about it.

Yes but not New Vegas - crappy piece of rubbish compared to the greatest ever Fallout 3 where you just felt like you were alone in an apocolypse...Still playing it now

Sacrilege! I recently revisited New Vegas (after playing through it once upon release and being a bit meh about the whole thing) and I thought it was much better second time round, better than FO3 for me. I think it's much truer to the original Fallouts and RPGs of that era, unsurprising given that it was developed by Obsidian.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
If you didn't like Oblivion then there's no chance of liking Skyrim. Have played a few hours today and so far so good. Feels a bit linear at the mo, but sure it will open up as the story develops a bit. Really do hope it's not as repetitive as the Oblivion gates and caves

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here