Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skyrim

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Been looking forward to this since I new there would be a fifth one. I have avoided looking at any videos to keep most of it a surprise. Seen a few screen shots and it looks stunning. I am glad they ditched the freaky "in your face" chatting. Debating whether to wander over to Game at Midnight or wait till the morning as I am off work tomorrow. Got next week off to.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Going to be totally honest; Oblivion didn't really do anything for me. Nor did Fallout 3. I'm unsure whether this is worth a purchase. Obviously you guys, for the most part, are buying. What sold it to you (and I don't mean which store...)?

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I played Morrowind on the Xbox and that sold me completely into the RPG, Oblivion was a great game, you could spend weeks playing it and not have touched the main story. You got your moneys worth out of it. I expect Skyrim to be the same.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Im thinking about getting it tomorow, to all you gamer types, do you think i should get it on PC or PS3? I have both and my PC has enough spec to play pretty much anything...

Going to be totally honest; Oblivion didn't really do anything for me. Nor did Fallout 3. I'm unsure whether this is worth a purchase. Obviously you guys, for the most part, are buying. What sold it to you (and I don't mean which store...)?

If you didn't like Oblivion and Fallout 3 then tbh it's probably not the game for you. I'm hoping that it's going to be more like a cross between Fallout: New Vegas and Morrowind than either of those two titles, but I think that may be me being optimistic. The things that I like about these games are; the massive world that they create (and allow you to explore at your whim), the compelling storylines, and the level of customisation of character.

if your pc is good enough then you should get it on that, as youll be able t orun it on better graphics than possible on the ps3. plus the controls are easier

I agree with this, definitely PC.

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
It was my birthday last week and my girlfriend preordered it for me. However, I am pretty screwed as I still have BF3, MW3, Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, COD:Black Ops, Football Manager 2012 to play, there just aren't enough hours in the day :). At the moment though, I still have to finish Fallout: New Vegas, which is a hell of a lot of hours.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Im thinking about getting it tomorow, to all you gamer types, do you think i should get it on PC or PS3? I have both and my PC has enough spec to play pretty much anything...

PC so you can enjoy the numerous nude mods that will be released in a couple of months time.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i played about 30 hours of morrowind not too long ago, and thought it was the nuts (elderscrolls III).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Anyone heard of the latest........ It's called LIFE!

Yeah, I don't like it. I'm assuming you don't entertain yourself by watching TV or going to the cinema and just spend all of your time walking about smelling roses and experiencing what it is to LIVE?

Morrowind sold me on the series by the way...

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Anyone heard of the latest........ It's called LIFE!

I have but its a little dated now
the-game-of-life.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I am still in two minds about this game.

On the one hand I absolutely ADORED exploring the Capital and Mojave Wastelands of Bethesda's two Fallout titles and I might even go so far as to say that Fallout 3 is my favourite game of all time. So from that perspective another massive world to explore from the same company sounds very appealing.

However on the other hand I've never really been into Fantasy. I don't like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter or the Hobbit. Give me Star Wars any day. I like guns and lasers and robots rather than orcs and dragons and swords. In fact in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas I didn't once use any of the melee weapons available, preferring instead to beef up my arsenal with powerful guns. In Skyrim I wont have such a choice, it's melee or bow and arrow essentially.

I generally love RPGs, I love levelling up, focusing on certain skills, learning new things and feeling part of an epic quest. But I just can't tell if Skyrim will do it for me in its fantasy world setting. I do want to love it, but here's the most telling truth: I bought Oblivion last week for a fiver and lasted about 2 hours before getting bored of it. I've not been back since.

Perhaps I haven't given it a fair crack of the whip and should devote some more time to it, particularly now I've finished the magnificent Uncharted 3. I have time on my hands and want to get absorbed in a grand scale epic game of this magnitude. The sort of game that puts Call of Duties, Battlefields and even Uncharteds to shame with its incredible length is just what I'm looking for right now. BUT can I deal with slaying monsters with a sword?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Been looking forward to this since I new there would be a fifth one. I have avoided looking at any videos to keep most of it a surprise. Seen a few screen shots and it looks stunning. I am glad they ditched the freaky "in your face" chatting. Debating whether to wander over to Game at Midnight or wait till the morning as I am off work tomorrow. Got next week off to.

Is Game open at midnight for this game then ? What about supermarkets ie Asda ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think Oblivion is generally seen as a low point in the Elder Scrolls games, every review has gushed about this game so far but it is a Bethesda game and with that you have to expect bugs, janky aninmations and the like.

For the record I LOVED FO3, and have yet to finish New Vegas, got tired of it. The thing I enjoyed about FO3 the most was exploring different parts, which is hopefully what Skyirm provides as well. From watching a few videos it seems that the environment is a lot more varied then Oblivion.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Is Game open at midnight for this game then ? What about supermarkets ie Asda ?

Game is for sure in my town, not sure about nationwide. I assume that it would be nationwide and not store specific. If you have a 24hr Asda they may well have it on sale from midnight. I know game is offering Skyrim for £4.99 if you trade in one of these Arkham City, Battlefield 3 or MW3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here