Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Some little tinker has been busy already on a local billboard

rooney-manchester-city.jpg

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
The fergie empires crumbling, and Rooney wants to go,
He said he wants man citeh but bobby told him no,
f*** off back to everton, or film another shrek,
If I see you in a citeh shirt I'll break your f***ing neck,
So go out shagging prossies or back robbing cars,
But if you think you're coming Eastlanfs you can kiss my f***ing arse!

How long till city fans change their mind? Ha

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I wonder if Rooney can play defence. Looks like Spurs could do with some defenders tonight.

Considering the state of the national side, and Capello's desperate attempts to get Scholes to come out of retirement, then I would suggest no other manager has nurtured any world class England talent either! I tell you what though, despite being the biggest club (your words), on a given weekend they'll have more players from their youth system than most other clubs in the Premiership. Whether you consider Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher, Gibson, Evans, plus Giggs, Scholes, Neville, as world class is up to you, but they came through the system and they are regularly in that team, plus the likes of imported youth like Anderson, Rafael, Fabio, Macheda. There are only a handful of top flight clubs that can say that I'm afraid. We can MU bash all we want, but they've always given young players a chance, whether they are good enough is another matter, but the chance is there. When you think about it, it's been pretty tough to have one set of youngsters that included Beckham, Scholes, Butt, Nevilles, Giggs etc. and then shift them out of the team for a new set!!!

Biggest club in the world is what we've heard for years from Salford. Not my words - Sky telly and Man U's own PR machine. Are you now claiming that they're punching above their weight?

Right - so since the riches of the 1993 youth cup winning side we've had come through the ranks - Fletcher, O'Shea and Brown. Absolutely no-one else. No one at all of any note except those three also-ran players. Sorry, but I do chuckle when I see Fletcher being so vociferously defended here by the closet reds.

Yep - cheque book manager. Don't get me wrong - Fergie's done brilliantly with this formula: Great bunch of kids in '93 and then virtually unlimited funds to buy whoever they want. I'm not denying his success just putting paid to the lie that he nurtures talent.

Ta ra!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Biggest club in the world is what we've heard for years from Salford. Not my words - Sky telly and Man U's own PR machine. Are you now claiming that they're punching above their weight?

Right - so since the riches of the 1993 youth cup winning side we've had come through the ranks - Fletcher, O'Shea and Brown. Absolutely no-one else. No one at all of any note except those three also-ran players. Sorry, but I do chuckle when I see Fletcher being so vociferously defended here by the closet reds.

Yep - cheque book manager. Don't get me wrong - Fergie's done brilliantly with this formula: Great bunch of kids in '93 and then virtually unlimited funds to buy whoever they want. I'm not denying his success just putting paid to the lie that he nurtures talent.

Ta ra!

He had unlimited funds at Aberdeen in comparison to Rangers and Celtic didn't he!:facepalm:

South Stand Sister

Sep 3, 2010
Poor little rich boy!

Having travelled to Wembley to watch Eng v's Montegro with Rooney the other week, I am glad I went to the valley as I much prefer to watch BHA v's Charlton-now that was packed with action & passion.
Rooney is a lost cause & a waste of space, he won't go abroad, he is too stupid to learn another language, let alone learn the words to "God save the Queen".
Good riddance Rooney, don't look back!

Last edited:

He had unlimited funds at Aberdeen in comparison to Rangers and Celtic didn't he!:facepalm:

And if he ever had the talent he lost it at least 15 years ago. Don't blame him. Why bother with youth when you can buy whoever you want. Face it mate, you can dress it up all you like but not one player since 1995 has come through the Man U ranks (or left for other clubs) and actually been a top international player. Not one. Every single Man U star since then has been bought.

You've replied to me how many times and we've got no further than agreeing that Fletcher was the best since that date and now we're left with the conundrum of 'is Fletcher is better than Barry or Parker'. Jeez - does that not kind of scream at you that Man U's youth system isn't the best?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And if he ever had the talent he lost it at least 15 years ago. Don't blame him. Why bother with youth when you can buy whoever you want. Face it mate, you can dress it up all you like but not one player since 1995 has come through the Man U ranks (or left for other clubs) and actually been a top international player. Not one. Every single Man U star since then has been bought.

You've replied to me how many times and we've got no further than agreeing that Fletcher was the best since that date and now we're left with the conundrum of 'is Fletcher is better than Barry or Parker'. Jeez - does that not kind of scream at you that Man U's youth system isn't the best?

You're a bit one track aren't you!? Try reading my posts again, I think you're getting confused. Let it lie man. :wink:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "I haven't read Wayne Rooney's statement, but we'll have a view on it tomorrow and probably put it to bed tomorrow. As I said, the door is open. We keep good players, particularly when they are that young. He wants assurances? Have I won 30 trophies or what?!"

:bowdown:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Federico Macheda was shocking tonight for Manchester United and is not fulfilling his early potential, Javier Hernandez missed an easy one-on-one with the keeper late on and the jury's still out on him, with Michael Owen injured a lot, so much rests on Dimitar Berbatov now.

I can't see them still being in the title race come January. Letting Carlos Tevez go was a huge mistake from Fergie.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say that, for me, Rooney has said all the right things and I suspect many of Man U's green and yellow army of fans will empathise with him. I do think that the end is perhaps nigh for Ferguson. No faulting what he has done in the past but it's today (and tomorrow) that count in football and the weight of debt coupled with the ageing process seem to be finally catching up.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have to say that, for me, Rooney has said all the right things and I suspect many of Man U's green and yellow army of fans will empathise with him. I do think that the end is perhaps nigh for Ferguson. No faulting what he has done in the past but it's today (and tomorrow) that count in football and the weight of debt coupled with the ageing process seem to be finally catching up.

Rooney is so right, since he signed at 18, he's been in 2 Champions League finals, winning one, he's won 3 league titles, an FA cup and 3 Carling Cups all in 6 years. It's clear that many other clubs such as ManCity have so much more to offer in that regard!!:thumbsup:

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
I think u have missed some of the other posts mr pot noodle, you can not deny united have helped the development of some YOUNG world class players. You keep talking of fletcher but when did he join man united? Sure he was about 16. Incidentally the sane age as Gerrard Piqué, who is without a doubt a world class player. It is very easy to skim over the truth. And as I remember it ronaldo was not a household name at all, and it was only after pre-season tournament in Portugal where the likes of rio and co told fergie he had to get him after playing against him.

Is the same to be said about rafael, fabio, obertan, macheda etc? As for people empathising with Rooney and the clubs ambition do you honestly believe that's the truth? He was always going to put it down to that, and I'm pretty sure fergie and gill could convince Rooney the clubs ambition is still there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Rooney is so right, since he signed at 18, he's been in 2 Champions League finals, winning one, he's won 3 league titles, an FA cup and 3 Carling Cups all in 6 years. It's clear that many other clubs such as ManCity have so much more to offer in that regard!!:thumbsup:

You mean United who are seemingly on a downward trend, knocked out the champions league early last year for someone of their pedigree, seen to be a second to chelsea in the league and showing no intent to spend on the players they need to push for first as opposed to City who are on an upward trend, spending big in an effort to push forward, to achieve champions league football, to challenge for the top spot.

Ambition is about looking to the future, what efforts are being made to bring future achievements, not looking back on what was accomplished.

Rooney is saying Man Utd are not looking forward in the same way they used to, to say "well look what they did in the past" isn't a good way of proving him wrong.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

rooney has been there six years now. i dare say that in the next six years, man city will win more than united - especially when the debts really do kick in. so yes, they do have more to offer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here