Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So with all objectivity please name one player that's come through the ranks at Man U who is a regular England International

Here you go. The current list:

England national football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you fail at that can you name any single player they have brought through the ranks since 1995 that went on to become a regular England international . Wes Brown was hardly world class or a regular. 23 caps in 11 years.

That's 15 years worth of England teams. You just need to name one regular international player. And this is the world's biggest club remember - with all their resources and allegedly a manager who ranks alongside Wenger in nurturing talent. Good luck.

Considering the state of the national side, and Capello's desperate attempts to get Scholes to come out of retirement, then I would suggest no other manager has nurtured any world class England talent either! I tell you what though, despite being the biggest club (your words), on a given weekend they'll have more players from their youth system than most other clubs in the Premiership. Whether you consider Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher, Gibson, Evans, plus Giggs, Scholes, Neville, as world class is up to you, but they came through the system and they are regularly in that team, plus the likes of imported youth like Anderson, Rafael, Fabio, Macheda. There are only a handful of top flight clubs that can say that I'm afraid. We can MU bash all we want, but they've always given young players a chance, whether they are good enough is another matter, but the chance is there. When you think about it, it's been pretty tough to have one set of youngsters that included Beckham, Scholes, Butt, Nevilles, Giggs etc. and then shift them out of the team for a new set!!

Fergie couldn't give a rats arse about England. The reason Rooney played in the friendly and the qualifiers was because (unlike in Neil Webbs day), players are assessed by the England physios, being as the FA know damn well from experience that the likes of Fergie will lie through his teeth about the fitness of his players.

What has become clear is that all Rooney wants to do is play. Fergies spin about leaving Rooney out of that Everton game to "protect" him never quite sat right at the time, it did sound strange. What now seems far more likely is that Fergie probably went completely BALLISTIC at him over his latest whoring, has told him his heads all over the place, and dropped him.

Rooney has been playing shite for months so it was quite justifiable to drop him from the team, but its always dressed up as something else by Ferguson, and it looks like Rooneys just flipped. As we've seen in the WC, Rooney does not take criticsim well at all. Player and manager have been at each others throats, and theres only ever going to be one outcome when that happens at OT, ESPECIALLY as the Glazers can see the £££ they'll make off the back of it.

This is so right, of course Ferg went ballistic, and because Rooney's head is so far up his own arse now he has not been able to take his punishment and has thrown his toys out of the pram. But I don't think the Glazers have anything to do with it. I honestly don't they Fergie would stand for any interference in team matters, and especially any pressure to sell. I think for all their faults, all their greed etc. the one thing the Glazers have done that Hicks and Gillett didn't, was steer well clear of any team matters, they need success to make their profits, and they aren't stupid enough to start upsetting the most successful manager in British football history!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is so right, of course Ferg went ballistic, and because Rooney's head is so far up his own arse now he has not been able to take his punishment and has thrown his toys out of the pram. But I don't think the Glazers have anything to do with it. I honestly don't they Fergie would stand for any interference in team matters, and especially any pressure to sell. I think for all their faults, all their greed etc. the one thing the Glazers have done that Hicks and Gillett didn't, was steer well clear of any team matters, they need success to make their profits, and they aren't stupid enough to start upsetting the most successful manager in British football history!

Oh I agree, the Glazers won't have done anything to actively try to engineer Rooneys exit. But by the same token, I don't think they'll be overly upset about it now either, neither will they flinch about selling him to the city rivals. Now that the shit has well and truley hit the fan, they will be ACUTELY aware that the prize asset at Old Trafford could leave for £5m next June. There is no way on Gods green earth they will allow that to happen. Their mission now is to get the absolute MAXIMUM return on his sale in January, and if that means selling to City then so be it, they certainly won't give a toss about the flak and fallout from the fans when it happens.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
@VizLetterBocks

TV IDEA Bargain Cunt - Wayne Rooney trawls Spanish fishing ports in a red fleece looking for discount Grannies

Last edited:

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
i cant see him going abroad.....which means he'll go to City or Chelsea:ohmy:

I cant see him a Chelsea or City, Tevez and Drogba would keep him on the bench. The only one who would take him on his Harry at Spurs. He is not a Arsenal or Liverpool player.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I cant see him a Chelsea or City, Tevez and Drogba would keep him on the bench. The only one who would take him on his Harry at Spurs. He is not a Arsenal or Liverpool player.

I don't think he'll go to Chelsea either - he's a thick northerner and thats how he'll want to stay. Spurs arn't even worth mentioning, they're not in the same financial stratosphere.

He'd slot right in at City though, playing off Tevez. There's not much else there to compete with - Adebayor will be offski soon, Santa Cruz is average and usually injured anyway, and Jo's been an expensive flop, as Brazilians usually are in this country.

GREAT signing for City, and it sends out a maHOOsive statement about the shift in power up there. Signing Rooney is a no-brainer (quite literally as is happens).

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
They're a team on the slide so he's jumping a sinking ship. There won't be a long line up of clubs wanting him though as he has the media circus following and frankly, he's not that good at the moment. City will have him just to make a point.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Their mission now is to get the absolute MAXIMUM return on his sale in January, and if that means selling to City then so be it, they certainly won't give a toss about the flak and fallout from the fans when it happens.

But what flak or fallout - there have been massive protests about the Glazers for months now and that hasn't had any effect on them. Why should a few whining Mancs complaining about a player going have any difference?

Nor, in honesty, should it matter to any club. The 'flak' didn't stop Spurs selling Campbell to the Arse - that's football.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
they will be ACUTELY aware that the prize asset at Old Trafford could leave for £5m next June. There is no way on Gods green earth they will allow that to happen. Their mission now is to get the absolute MAXIMUM return on his sale in January.

Is this to an extent out of their control ? if Wayne refuses to accept a transfer and wait until next June, what can the club do about it ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is this to an extent out of their control ? if Wayne refuses to accept a transfer and wait until next June, what can the club do about it ?

True. But he's clearly unhappy there - surely he'll want away as soon as possible. He's going to be getting dogs abuse from Man U fans for the remainder of his stay now, so I'd have thought he can't get out of there quick enough.

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
Do you honestly think he will get loads of abuse from Man United fans?? I very much doubt it. Think they will be chanting his name all night tonyt but I may well be wrong. Time will tell, but I believe only if he comes out with some stories then the fans will turn on him.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
But what flak or fallout - there have been massive protests about the Glazers for months now and that hasn't had any effect on them. Why should a few whining Mancs complaining about a player going have any difference?

Nor, in honesty, should it matter to any club. The 'flak' didn't stop Spurs selling Campbell to the Arse - that's football.

Spurs didn't have a choice - Campbell was out of contract and could go where he wanted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you honestly think he will get loads of abuse from Man United fans?? I very much doubt it. Think they will be chanting his name all night tonyt but I may well be wrong. Time will tell, but I believe only if he comes out with some stories then the fans will turn on him.

Testing the temperature on Redcafe.net, the United fans are FAR from impressed by this. The general consensus seems to be that its all about money. And god help him if he becomes a Blue.

He's in for a rough ride.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I agree, (I'm commenting on this posts as I have family in Manchester who are reds), and I think they'll be singing his name until the deal is done. They'll want to have one last effort to win him over, they won't turn on him till he's gone, or as you say he starts stirring the sh*t.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You want to have a look at their messageboards.

Its OVERFLOWING with the C-word.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Spurs didn't have a choice - Campbell was out of contract and could go where he wanted.

As will Rooney be - that's why United have to act fast. Come this summer, Rooney will be able to go where he wanted. Spurs were just really dozy for not reacting quicker.

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
The majority of people on that message board will be plastic united fans who are sheep, walking to OT slagging him off then singing his name when the Stretford End do. The same people who renewed their season tickets, bought the latest kits from the Megastore whilst wearing their yellow and green scarves.

There will be I'll feeling and dissapointment but he has 18 months left yet and the fans will do their best to keep him.

God bless him if he becomes a blue tho!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Originally Posted by Sparky_Hughes
He can go to hell, if he's leaving for money, he's mercenery scouse scum

If he's leaving because colleen wants him to/to save his marriage, he's philandering scouse scum and the situation is all of his own making

If he's leaving because we dont match his ambition he's arrogant ungreatfull scouse scum who thinks far too much of himself.

Summary: f*** him.

:lolol:
Lovely stuff.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The majority of people on that message board will be plastic united fans who are sheep, walking to OT slagging him off then singing his name when the Stretford End do. The same people who renewed their season tickets, bought the latest kits from the Megastore whilst wearing their yellow and green scarves.

There will be I'll feeling and dissapointment but he has 18 months left yet and the fans will do their best to keep him.

God bless him if he becomes a blue tho!

There is a big difference between NSC members who actually post and go to games, compared to Red Cafe members! :laugh: I went to OT once with my uncle when Utd lost to West Ham with the Di Canio goal, and the Bartez trying to fake offside. We were walking out at the end behind a middle aged couple and the wife said to the husband "all the way from Norwich to see them lose eh!?" I'll never forget that.:facepalm::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here