Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is indeed, all about money. I'm not a big fan of Rooney but, the Glazers and Fergie have screwed the public, especially the poor kids who idolise Rooney.
The club knew on August 14th that he was not going to renew his contract but said nothing, could that be because of all those shirts bought with ROONEY stenciled on the back ? They were still making money out of him and the gullible fans 2 months ago.

On Sunday when the rumours broke that he was leaving, Man Utd denied the rumours saying it was all " rubbish" 2 days later even they could not get the genie back in to the bottle and had to admit that he was off.

To be honest, Rooney and Man Utd deserve each other,they are both greedy, cynical moneymakers

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
go wayne rooney:rave: fergie has been bullying everyone else for years now, boot is in the other footer now hopee he moves to citeh for peanuts and how are people buying fergie lookin dissapointed talk about acting up to get sympathy

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
go wayne rooney:rave: fergie has been bullying everyone else for years now, boot is in the other footer now hopee he moves to citeh for peanuts and how are people buying fergie lookin dissapointed talk about acting up to get sympathy

That will explain why so many United players have seen out their entire careers at United, because their manager is such a bully!:laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you honestly think he will get loads of abuse from Man United fans?? I very much doubt it. Think they will be chanting his name all night tonyt but I may well be wrong. Time will tell, but I believe only if he comes out with some stories then the fans will turn on him.

I agree, (I'm commenting on this posts as I have family in Manchester who are reds), and I think they'll be singing his name until the deal is done. They'll want to have one last effort to win him over, they won't turn on him till he's gone, or as you say he starts stirring the sh*t.

article-1322813-0BB842AC000005DC-941_634x422.jpg

Awww look, they've started trying to win him over already

:lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and then he signs a 5 year deal ... PR?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
and then he signs a 5 year deal ... PR?

A badly managed tactic to get a better deal that has gone horribly wrong. Not untypical of how Stretford operates, but MU can hardly complain as he did the same to Everton.

I expect it was never meant to go this far, Ferguson's press conference appears likely to have called Rooney's bluff on the contract negotiations, the quickly prepared statement about ambition was damage limitation, and kept the door open i.e. Rooney can now say Ferguson and Gill gave him the reassurances that the squad will be strengthened and that it wasn't about money.

An unsavoury affair and all too indicative of the power agents have now.

I don't ever remember hearing about a Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs contract negotiation.

Will the MU fans ever forgive him? Starts scoring some goals and they might...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A badly managed tactic to get a better deal that has gone horribly wrong. Not untypical of how Stretford operates, but MU can hardly complain as he did the same to Everton.

I expect it was never meant to go this far, Ferguson's press conference appears likely to have called Rooney's bluff on the contract negotiations, the quickly prepared statement about ambition was damage limitation, and kept the door open i.e. Rooney can now say Ferguson and Gill gave him the reassurances that the squad will be strengthened and that it wasn't about money.

An unsavoury affair and all too indicative of the power agents have now.

I don't ever remember hearing about a Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs contract negotiation.

Will the MU fans ever forgive him? Starts scoring some goals and they might...

I agree with what you are saying but Stretford would argue that he could have got both Mssrs Scholes & Giggs much better deals?

To be honest once you go past £50k a week does it really matter?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Massive PR stunt.

Puts pressure on board to spend more on players and takes the blame away from Sir Alex for them being rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here