Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
whatever the outcome its nice to see that in morality and blame free Britain at least someone takes a dim view of shagging prostitutes while your wife is pregnant. Sickening behaviour that needs far more condemnation than it has generally received.

What..........He was doing Colleen a favour. Instead of pestering her for sex whilst the girl was pregnant he considerately shagged a brass (and her mate), therefore allowing the wife to get some extra sleep.

I'm all for condemning anything to do with United at the drop of a hat usually, but on this one Wayne is INNOCENT.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Really!? How do you qualify that up to this point? The only player that really cost him was Jaap Stam. Each of the others were replaced and MU went onto win more trophies.

Funny you should say that about Ferguson when he is currently a manager that has 5 or 6 senior players in his first team that have come from the youth set up, 3 of those will finish their careers at the club they signed as 14 year olds. Hardly a damning indictment of his handling of senior players!???

I think Taggart's bark is worse than his bite, but he was fortunate in having Scholes, Giggs, the Chuckle Brothers, Beckham and Butt all come through at the same time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The point was being made about the breakdown of relationships between manager and players. Ronaldo left not through any breakdown, but because his boyhood dream was to play for Real. A massive loss to MU, but Ronaldo left on good terms, and hopes to end his career there.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The point was being made about the breakdown of relationships between manager and players. Ronaldo left not through any breakdown, but because his boyhood dream was to play for Real. A massive loss to MU, but Ronaldo left on good terms, and hopes to end his career there.

Fair point, I thought you were talking about the fact that Taggart had managed to replace all the people who'd left.

Can't see Ronaldo coming back though - he won't fancy championship football :lolol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think Taggart's bark is worse than his bite, but he was fortunate in having Scholes, Giggs, the Chuckle Brothers, Beckham and Butt all come through at the same time.

I'm going to sound like a MU fan at this rate, but Ferguson started in '87 and instigated the youth system at the club which had been largely neglected. It was through his conviction in youth that at a club of MU's size, they all had the opportunity to come through. Let us not forget Hansen's comments, many managers wouldn't have taken the risk on them. All looks like it fell in his lap in hindsight, but he got shot of Ince, Hughes, Kanchelskis to let these boys through, some called him mad at the time.:facepalm:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if rooney goes then it will push macheda up the pecking order. it wouldnt surprise me to see it work out in uniteds favour again as selling their star names so often has in the past

i can see him going abroad. it is pretty obvious that he is pissed off with the english media and working under someone like mourinho would help both him and england

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair point, I thought you were talking about the fact that Taggart had managed to replace all the people who'd left.

Can't see Ronaldo coming back though - he won't fancy championship football :lolol:

Sod the Championship, can you imagine going back to that Manchester weather after the sun of Madrid!?:laugh:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
if rooney goes then it will push macheda up the pecking order. it wouldnt surprise me to see it work out in uniteds favour again as selling their star names so often has in the past

i can see him going abroad. it is pretty obvious that he is pissed off with the english media and working under someone like mourinho would help both him and england

I am with SM on this one, Ferguson aint stupid and is up there with Wenger for breeding talent. Man Utd have at the moment some exceptional youngsters coming through and waiting the chance....if Rooney goes it wont be a major loss based on his current form.

I think there are better strikers out there without the out of work issues!

I would laugh if they managed to get Torres
(wont happen but he would be awesome in that team)

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am with SM on this one, Ferguson aint stupid and is up there with Wenger for breeding talent. Man Utd have at the moment some exceptional youngsters coming through and waiting the chance....if Rooney goes it wont be a major loss based on his current form.

I think there are better strikers out there without the out of work issues!

I would laugh if they managed to get Torres
(wont happen but he would be awesome in that team)

They've got Owen as well! Another player who peaked at 23, and went down hill thereafter...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The beginning of a Liverpool type demise? Fully expect him to be sold and the money not properly re-invested in the same way Ronaldo was. Owners are not going to splash any cash at the moment. ALl they need to is get the appointment of Fergies replacement wrong and they could be f***ed for a while. Here's hoping anyway.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Is that right?
Wayne Rooney doesn't love Man United after all and is only there for the money?
Shocking

NOT

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really!? How do you qualify that up to this point? The only player that really cost him was Jaap Stam. Each of the others were replaced and MU went onto win more trophies.

Funny you should say that about Ferguson when he is currently a manager that has 5 or 6 senior players in his first team that have come from the youth set up, 3 of those will finish their careers at the club they signed as 14 year olds. Hardly a damning indictment of his handling of senior players!???

Have to say that whether or not you hold to the belief that Ferguson is "the greatest living manager" his relationship with senior players, in a world where they are no longer working class boys but overpaid prima donnas, has cost Man U rather too often in terms of losing quality players before their time.

Ahhh.... so you mean the likes of Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Keane, Tevez, Ince and Beckham then?

Yes. My point was in reference to severnside gulls post.???

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The beginning of a Liverpool type demise? Fully expect him to be sold and the money not properly re-invested in the same way Ronaldo was. Owners are not going to splash any cash at the moment. ALl they need to is get the appointment of Fergies replacement wrong and they could be f***ed for a while. Here's hoping anyway.

I totally agree with this. MU never had the debt hanging over them when they've dipped in form before i.e. not winning the title for 3 years between 2004 - 2006. If that happens again, that debt is going to start to exert some serious gravity. Jose pretty much nailed on Fergie replacement though you would think, the guy is practically handed his CV to them already!

I'm going to sound like a MU fan at this rate, but Ferguson started in '87 and instigated the youth system at the club which had been largely neglected. It was through his conviction in youth that at a club of MU's size, they all had the opportunity to come through. Let us not forget Hansen's comments, many managers wouldn't have taken the risk on them. All looks like it fell in his lap in hindsight, but he got shot of Ince, Hughes, Kanchelskis to let these boys through, some called him mad at the time.:facepalm:

The players you mentioned all came good 15 years ago. Since then please name one, just one, world class player to come through the youth team.

Since 1995 Ferguson has been a cheque book manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here