Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yaya Toure is on £200,000 a week at Citeh.
Sure they won't made an extra 50,000 - 75,000 on top of that for Rooney.
Other than Tevez, they're crying out for a World class striker.
Adebayor, Jo and Santa Cruz aren't it. Balotelli isn't it, yet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On Talksport this morning and yesterday they were intimating that Citeh are willing to offer him £500K a week (yes I know it is absolutely absurd) but if true, or even for half that salary, would explain why he wants a move.

That won't happen, under UEFA's new fair financial guidelines, City's wage bill is already too high and will see them excluded. No doubt they'll get shot of Adebayor / Santa Cruz if Rooney comes in, but lets not be silly. Not sure if they can get round the new rules with a big signing on fee though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed your scenario is far more likely, if Rooney came out and said he wanted to go back to Everton, they would welcome him back with open arms..

Maybe Rooney just wants to play football for the team he loves...

For example if Brighton were an established prem league side like Everton and i could play for them for £80k a week...or play for Man City for 400k a week...I would choose Brighton everytime....

Rooney is a fan " Once a blue always a blue ".....maybe just maybe...

But wayne had that option a few years ago and he chose to leave Everton and go with the higher paying Man Utd.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fergie has insisted that Rooney will not be allowed to leave unless he is replaced by a big name.

Manchester City have offered United Shaun Wright-Phillips....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That won't happen, under UEFA's new fair financial guidelines, City's wage bill is already too high and will see them excluded. No doubt they'll get shot of Adebayor / Santa Cruz if Rooney comes in, but lets not be silly. Not sure if they can get round the new rules with a big signing on fee though.

Anyone can drive a coach and horses through the new rules. All that City's new owners will do is convert some of the investment into spurious sponsorship deals, and before you can say 'creative accounting', revenues shoot up and City report a 'profit'.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Man Citeh January transfer window:

IN - Wayne Rooney

OUT - Adebayor, Jo, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Caicedo (all forwards so far), Onuoha, Given, (maybe one of) Bridge, Lescott, Kompany.

They'll be fine.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
whatever the outcome its nice to see that in morality and blame free Britain at least someone takes a dim view of shagging prostitutes while your wife is pregnant. Sickening behaviour that needs far more condemnation than it has generally received.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
But wayne had that option a few years ago and he chose to leave Everton and go with the higher paying Man Utd.

True, Hes won everything at Man U now though, as i say maybe he just wants to play football for the team he loves again....

Unlikely as i say but maybe. Not everyone is driven by money...99% are but some are not.

As i say i would rather play for Brighton for 80k a week than City for 500k a week.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yaya Toure is on £200,000 a week at Citeh.
Sure they won't made an extra 50,000 - 75,000 on top of that for Rooney.
Other than Tevez, they're crying out for a World class striker.
Adebayor, Jo and Santa Cruz aren't it. Balotelli isn't it, yet.

And Rooney is? On his current form I wouldn't want him in the Albion team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
True, Hes won everything at Man U now though, as i say maybe he just wants to play football for the team he loves again....

He's not won the europa cup, perhaps this poor run of form is simply an attempt to either get there by getting knocked out the champions league, or drop out of the top four and earn the europa cup by competing from the start...

:jester:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
And Rooney is? On his current form I wouldn't want him in the Albion team.

not just form. on his current levels of morality i do not want him representing my country. he is approaching lee hughes level in my eyes.

we have people shagging prossies while their wives are pregnant, people who gang up on people and batter them in nightclubs for refusing to let them put on their own records, people who shag their team mates exes, representing our national team, and we wonder why the gloss has gone. time for people to make a bit of a stand i think.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Shirley all this talk of Shrek doin' an offski can't be true? I'm sure I've seen him kissing the United badge on a couple of occassions...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shirley all this talk of Shrek doin' an offski can't be true? I'm sure I've seen him kissing the United badge on a couple of occassions...

He's been kissing the puckered brown sheriffs badge as well, but that doesn't seem to be much of a sign of loyalty...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
not just form. on his current levels of morality i do not want him representing my country. he is approaching lee hughes level in my eyes.

we have people shagging prossies while their wives are pregnant, people who gang up on people and batter them in nightclubs for refusing to let them put on their own records, people who shag their team mates exes, representing our national team, and we wonder why the gloss has gone. time for people to make a bit of a stand i think.

It's an admirable stand but I think that to say that this is a reflection of the current levels of morality is a bit off-the-mark.

The three most admired British footballers in my lifetime were, probably, Bobby Moore (serial boozer, involved in messy divorce), George Best (serial boozer, womaniser, drunk driver) and Paul Gascoigne (serial boozer and wife-beater). Their private lives haven't stopped them being lionised so I can't see anyone being bothered by what players like Rooney, Gerrard or Terry get up to.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say that whether or not you hold to the belief that Ferguson is "the greatest living manager" his relationship with senior players, in a world where they are no longer working class boys but overpaid prima donnas, has cost Man U rather too often in terms of losing quality players before their time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have to say that whether or not you hold to the belief that Ferguson is "the greatest living manager" his relationship with senior players, in a world where they are no longer working class boys but overpaid prima donnas, has cost Man U rather too often in terms of losing quality players before their time.

Really!? How do you qualify that up to this point? The only player that really cost him was Jaap Stam. Each of the others were replaced and MU went onto win more trophies.

Funny you should say that about Ferguson when he is currently a manager that has 5 or 6 senior players in his first team that have come from the youth set up, 3 of those will finish their careers at the club they signed as 14 year olds. Hardly a damning indictment of his handling of senior players!???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rooney is an illiterate Northern monkey with a young baby. There's no way on earth he'd last 5 minutes in Madrid, Barcelona, Munich or Milan. For me he's either off to Chelsea or City.

City have already had a dry run with Tevez, and that's been arguably City's best signing of the last decade. I can't see ANY downside from City's viewpoint, and I'm sure if they don't make a move they'll see it as a chance missed.

There's nothing like a top quality player moving across town to reinforce who's top dog. We've seen it with Sol Campbell from Spurs to Arsenal, and Mo Johnston from Celtic to Rangers as well.

I'm sure City fans in their wildest dreams couldn't have dreamed this move might be possible. As for United there seems to be a dearth of top quality talent for them to pursue so they might have to resort to gambling on the likes of Torres.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here