Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should knight face the music...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry mate you are wrong.That total and utter f***ing wanker Archer took control for £56.25 in 1993

Thank you for being polite in correcting me. And thanks to 'Hercules Rockerfeller' and 'Deano's Invisible Pants' for also being reasonable with heir responses.

I didn't remember the announcement of Archer buying the club, so assumed it took place before I started watching the albion in the late 80s. I was young and uninterested in who owned the club, more interested in who played.

For the other responses my post got, I wasn't trying to say Archer was better than Knight. The point I was trying to make, which I know now is based on an error, was that Archer wasn't always the figure of hate. That he oversaw a successful period in the club and still ended up as a figure of hate (rightly so). And that just because Knight "saved the club", does not mean he won't screw up.

My memory screwed up, and my argument is faulty. My apologies.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thank you for being polite in correcting me. And thanks to 'Hercules Rockerfeller' and 'Deano's Invisible Pants' for also being reasonable with heir responses.

I didn't remember the announcement of Archer buying the club, so assumed it took place before I started watching the albion in the late 80s. I was young and uninterested in who owned the club, more interested in who played.

For the other responses my post got, I wasn't trying to say Archer was better than Knight. The point I was trying to make, which I know now is based on an error, was that Archer wasn't always the figure of hate. That he oversaw a successful period in the club and still ended up as a figure of hate (rightly so). And that just because Knight "saved the club", does not mean he won't screw up.

My memory screwed up, and my argument is faulty. My apologies.

I'd call that period under Stanley as 'chaotic'.

BISA was formed around then, and the club became 'open' for the first time. We had meetings with the Board, and found them largely ambivalent towards us. I got the feeling Greg Stanley wanted to be open and honest, but I found him little more than ambivalent. Barry Lloyd was openly hostile when challenged and Dennis Sullivan spent the entire time doodling. These meetings were basically fruitless, and with hindsight, largely pointless.

Then Archer was invited on board...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why specifically Knight?
I suspect there are others with just as much to blame, if not more.

Knight sacked Wendy... his decision, his mistake, and disaster ensued... his is the chairman, which makes him ultimately accountable...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Knight sacked Wendy... his decision, his mistake, and disaster ensued... his is the chairman, which makes him ultimately accountable...

DK may have been the person who told Wendy he was sacked, but it doesn't make him the person who made the decision.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Mike Bamber vs Dick Knight

If you think Bamber was a saint, then read Alan Mullerys biography, he was certainly shafted by him. Dick Knight saved this club, you name any other person who was prepared to take over from Archer and the massive mess he put this club in ?. Go and talk to Dick and you will find out where his heart and loyalty is. He may have made some errors in judgment, but we still have a club to support. I assume that all you DK critics are perfect saints and have never made any mistakes. Put a sock in it and get a life, be constructive and not destructive

Last edited:

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Mike Bamber vs Dick Knight

If you think Bamber was a saint, then read Alan Mullerys biography, he was certainly shafted by him. Dick Knight saved this club, you name any other person who was prepared to take over from Archer and the massive mess he put this club in ?. Go and talk to Dick and you will find out where his heart and loyalty is. He may have made some errors in judgment, but we still have a club to support. I assume that all you DK critics are perfect saints and have never made any mistakes. Put a sock in it and get a life, be constructive and not .destructive

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Yes he is to blame.The club is no better off than it was under Archer.Just loads more of the sussex rich kids with there familys will never do a real days work.If any of the vile sussex rich kids had any real talent they wouldn't be playing div4 football next season.But more to the point if they had real talent they wouldn't be at the Albion still like Barry.Elphick,El-abd,Fraser,and Virgo.Plus vile free loading scum like Fogdon,Gatting,Dixon,and Loft are pure div4 players.These vile free loading bits of scum will be the best payed players in div4 next season.

The club is no better off under Knight.The debt is almost 8 million now.Do you brain dead mugs really think they will build a state of the art ground to play clubs like Crawley.I was saying about the free loading vile sussex rich kids,and there familys being the only winners.But like most of the real fans,the vile rich kids familys can get the Argus to stop there posts.

Don't know what it is about the expression 'you brain dead mugs' but it genuinely tickles my funnybone every time I read it.....ie every time I make the mistake of reading the Argus webpages, from whence this 'vile free loading bit of scum hater' generated from I believe.

The "no better off under Knight" (than Archer) and "do you ...think...they'll build a ground to play clubs like Crawley" comments were marvellous work, btw.
That is all! :lol:

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'd call that period under Stanley as 'chaotic'.

BISA was formed around then, and the club became 'open' for the first time. We had meetings with the Board, and found them largely ambivalent towards us. I got the feeling Greg Stanley wanted to be open and honest, but I found him little more than ambivalent. Barry Lloyd was openly hostile when challenged and Dennis Sullivan spent the entire time doodling. These meetings were basically fruitless, and with hindsight, largely pointless.

Then Archer was invited on board...

Are there still meetings with the current board or have they died a death as well

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
DK may have been the person who told Wendy he was sacked, but it doesn't make him the person who made the decision.

What so on the 8th May Dick Knight was not the person that said " I felt that Dean wasn't taking this club forward in the way HE (Dick) wanted and he said to the board about it and they agreed - Doesn't suggest a board apart from Knight that were that bothered with what Dean had done - Dick Knight also said that this club was "moving at a very fast pace" well you got that right Dick just the direction wrong!!

One thing i think everyone needs to think about is IF Dean had so many issues with players as has been said - Why did they offer him the coachs job ?? i would suggest that there no issues just more PR bulls**t from Dick:rant:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One thing i think everyone needs to think about is IF Dean had so many issues with players as has been said - Why did they offer him the coachs job ??

.....because they thought he was an okay coach, and was better suited to that than day to day man management?

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
No. Under Bill Archer we almost made it to the top division (I believe, though may be wrong, that would have been the premiership's first year). Whereas the highest we've got under Knight is just outside the relegation zone of the second tier.

If you are being sincere, I suggest you should book yourself into the nearest asylum.

If you are trying to be funny, I hear Stan Boardman is looking for a new straight man for a double act.

In any case, you are an absolute tool!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here