Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should knight face the music...

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
No. Under Bill Archer we almost made it to the top division (I believe, though may be wrong, that would have been the premiership's first year). Whereas the highest we've got under Knight is just outside the relegation zone of the second tier.

Sorry mate you are wrong.That total and utter f***ing wanker Archer took control for £56.25 in 1993 and he cost us Liam Brady,the goldstone and took us down to league 4 and nearly out of the league.
Knight may off f***ed up in the last few years but archer is a total and utter f***ing **** who i would do a great big shit on if i could get away with it

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
knight will say we f***ed up lol but when things are going well its I did this I signed him

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Sorry mate you are wrong.That total and utter f***ing wanker Archer took control for £56.25 in 1993 and he cost us Liam Brady,the goldstone and took us down to league 4 and nearly out of the league.
Knight may off f***ed up in the last few years but archer is a total and utter f***ing **** who i would do a great big shit on if i could get away with it

After a week of dodgy curries I would hope!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He won't come on until there is some good news. I would gain some respect back for the man if he just said sorry for the huge f*** ups that he has made.

something along the lines of " i have to take full responsibility for the situation we find ourselves in , my reluctance to remove a clueless yorkshire twatt from the managers position and therefore not leaving the incumbent manager enough time to scrape the shit together and save us from relegation, it really was very poor judgement on my part and i accept the fact that the fans of this football club may feel that someone in my position rally ought to have done better."

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
No. Under Bill Archer we almost made it to the top division (I believe, though may be wrong, that would have been the premiership's first year). Whereas the highest we've got under Knight is just outside the relegation

Unreal.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Its always comparing with Archer that justifies Knight's f*** up though isnt it, which is just plain ridiculous. It's like comparing every German leader with Hitler and saying that although they might f*** up they could be worse.

Yes Knight is better than Archer, so what. Try comparing him to Bamber. Bamber was a fantastic chairman who gave us the best times this club has had, but in the end he stuck around a little too long, left us with player wages through the ceiling and ultimately starter the downward spiral we are still in. Good leaders realise when their time is up and step down. bad leaders cling on to power forever and end up losing all the respect they once had. I fear Dick Knight is edging towards the latter.

Excellent comment

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
No. Under Bill Archer we almost made it to the top division (I believe, though may be wrong, that would have been the premiership's first year). Whereas the highest we've got under Knight is just outside the relegation zone of the second tier.

When inaccurate bollox like this gets posted isn't it about time that NSC should call it a day.
This is an insult to all Albion fans.

never wrong dave

Jul 20, 2008
Yes he is to blame.The club is no better off than it was under Archer.Just loads more of the sussex rich kids with there familys will never do a real days work.If any of the vile sussex rich kids had any real talent they wouldn't be playing div4 football next season.But more to the point if they had real talent they wouldn't be at the Albion still like Barry.Elphick,El-abd,Fraser,and Virgo.Plus vile free loading scum like Fogdon,Gatting,Dixon,and Loft are pure div4 players.These vile free loading bits of scum will be the best payed players in div4 next season.

never wrong dave

Jul 20, 2008
The club is no better off under Knight.The debt is almost 8 million now.Do you brain dead mugs really think they will build a state of the art ground to play clubs like Crawley.I was saying about the free loading vile sussex rich kids,and there familys being the only winners.But like most of the real fans,the vile rich kids familys can get the Argus to stop there posts.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Possibly the most retarded post ever on NSC. There should be a new category, 'NSC Fuckwit'. These threads are so tedious and pointless, haven't people go something better to do ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The club is no better off under Knight.The debt is almost 8 million now.Do you brain dead mugs really think they will build a state of the art ground to play clubs like Crawley.I was saying about the free loading vile sussex rich kids,and there familys being the only winners.But like most of the real fans,the vile rich kids familys can get the Argus to stop there posts.

Think you should stop taking those drugs, they don't work.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

This may have been answered already, but it was not the Prem's first year that was 92/93, and anyway look at Notts County now. Not exactly living it up in the promised land, are they?

I am no fan of Dick's, but I see no benefit to be had from him going on the phone in. He can't win at the momen, so is probably best advised to keep quiet and hope fot the best.

As for him taking us from the brink of oblivion, well we're about to go back right where we started when he came. The basement division of professional football with, as it stands, no permanent.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For fucks sake guys, this is not Bill Archer we are on about.

It seems that I'm becoming a Dick Knight apologist. ( for which. I don't apologise )

Dick has nothing to answer to, and doesn't deserve the crap he seems to be getting on here.

What he has done for OUR football club is save it from possible oblivion, put in god only knows how many years work on Falmer , for a stadium that some of us may not appreciate until years to come.

I was at Hereford 13 years ago when we did the great escape, and when he ran on the pitch afterwards to our end, his jubilation was exactly the same as all of us.

He is a true, true, true supporter of our football club since he BECAME CHAIRMAN QUOTE]

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You need a f***ing slap for even thinking stuff like that, let alone being stupid enough to put it on here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Its always comparing with Archer that justifies Knight's f*** up though isnt it, which is just plain ridiculous. It's like comparing every German leader with Hitler and saying that although they might f*** up they could be worse.

Yes Knight is better than Archer, so what. Try comparing him to Bamber. Bamber was a fantastic chairman who gave us the best times this club has had, but in the end he stuck around a little too long, left us with player wages through the ceiling and ultimately starter the downward spiral we are still in. Good leaders realise when their time is up and step down. bad leaders cling on to power forever and end up losing all the respect they once had. I fear Dick Knight is edging towards the latter.

Can't help feeling you've slightly contradicted yourself there.

He was a chairman who gave our best times, correct. But at what cost? If he was a fantastic chairman - and chairmen have a certain shelf life - should he have gone earlier? However, even if he had left, say, two years before he did, he still would have left a legacy of enormous debt and backlog. And Bamber made sure he was paid back. Can't see that happening with Dick - at least no for another five years minimum.

And while we know chairmen are supposed to have egos - and arguably the best ones have the biggest ones - Knight can't hold a candle to Bamber's.

I think it also slightly a folly to compare Bamber with Knight. The circumstances with which they inherited/took over the club are totally different. Bamber had a platform of mediocrity to work with and his money made a difference - Knight had virtually nothing, and his money (and others' of course) has disappeared down a black hole.

Hypothetically comparing the two if they had had similar working scenarios, now that would be quite an interesting debate.

Under other circumstances, I think Knight's tenure would be now considered too long. However, until Falmer is delivered, I don't think anyone else wants the job anyway. At least, not the unpaid job that it is.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

I think you'll find that it was under Greg Stanley that we nearly reached the top division. But leaving this slight historical lapse aside, if it's simply a question of how high a club manages to get in the league during his tenure that deermines his success, Peter Ridsdale was a brilliant chairman for Leeds, no?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world

you are such a f***ing cretin its unbelievable. go f*** yourself you stupid ignorant piece of shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
DK being on the phone-in will be a waste of time. What would be better is an structured interview with in independent journo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here