Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should knight face the music...

Knight sacked Wendy... his decision, his mistake, and disaster ensued... his is the chairman, which makes him ultimately accountable...

THE BOARD sacked Wendy, that's all of them not just DK

and given that no-one (not DK, not DW, not Tony Bloom , NO-ONE) has explained the reasoning o anyone one can only presume that there must be have beena sound reason behind the decision . Becauyse otherwise there would be a case for unfair dismissal.

Anyway, rather than DK trying to second gues whu the team has been shite this season, I would rather push some pertinent questions at this bunch of failures. as its their fault and no-one elses......:rant:
0,,10433%7E3742584,00.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not a swerve at all as he would probably just laugh it off. I still remember Southwick FC and his attitude and have never forgotten or forgiven him.

What happened there BG ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to the meeting/forum armed with details that indicated that he didnt have the finance or the financial backing to take over BHA. He didnt even attempt to answer any of the question just kept laughing and saying 'who is this idiot get him out we want BHA fans here.' At the time the details given to me were from a very reliable and accreditable source; taking into account that the consortium I was involved with had £80m at their disposal to buy and finance the club,that they didnt was largely due to the fact that Archer would not allow access to the books. I think that DK bought the club based on what Archer told him although I may be wrong on that point. Plus I had been supporting BHA for the largest part of 50 years at the time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
taking into account that the consortium I was involved with had £80m at their disposal to buy and finance the club,that they didnt was largely due to the fact that Archer would not allow access to the books.

But... we keep being told Knight is the only person who was willing to save the club...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was also another consortium interested that I know of lead by a well known sportsman, plus one other from the chap who was rumoured to have been interested in Lewes 6 months ago. Both pulled out for the same reason Archer would not allow accessto the books and wanted people to buy the club blind based on what he told them and how he described the finances. Whether or not either of those consortiums would have bought the club after inspecting the books is unknown and the answer never will be but it has made me dubious of both DK judgement and motives.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There was also another consortium interested that I know of lead by a well known sportsman, plus one other from the chap who was rumoured to have been interested in Lewes 6 months ago. Both pulled out for the same reason Archer would not allow accessto the books and wanted people to buy the club blind based on what he told them and how he described the finances. Whether or not either of those consortiums would have bought the club after inspecting the books is unknown and the answer never will be but it has made me dubious of both DK judgement and motives.

Pillock.

As a sound business intention, taking over Brighton was a daft thing to do. So you could make a point about his judgement. However, regarding his motives, DK took over the club anyway. So what motives are you on about? Getting the club back to Brighton? Getting the new stadium?

Knight only got access to the books after he got his agreement, and the finally signed on it. As it transpired, Archer did lie about the books, and the £2m the consortium promised for the team had to go into other things.

You weren't dubious of Dick Knight's consortium, you envious of him because they were the only ones that had the bollocks to carry through their intentions, whereas you stayed a washed-up 3am bar-room fantasist.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ALAN
I really dont know what you are talking about, do you?

Brighton were at rock bottom so there was only 1 way they could go. So they would have been a sensible investment.

The building of a new stadium was not such a major problem provided the right site was selected it only became a problem because of the choice of Falmer, other choices wouldnt have been a problem.

DK brought us back to Brighton because he had no choice as no other club would allow us to use their ground. Most other consortiums only envisaged being at another ground for 3 years. Granted nobody could have foreseen Falmers legal challenges.

It would have been fool hardy for anybody to have given Archer money before being allowed a look at the books. If you remember Gordon Lucking wanted to invest money in the club some years earlier but he again was refused access to the books so put the money into Palace and they bought Nigel Martin with some of it.

All those other consortiums are now water under the bridge and we look to DK to bring us Falmer but that does not make him beyond reproach and answering questions. We must remember that when he took over he said he would run an open club and that no 1 man would ever run the club again and it is on those statements that he will continually be judged.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ALAN

Brighton were at rock bottom so there was only 1 way they could go. So they would have been a sensible investment.

The building of a new stadium was not such a major problem provided the right site was selected it only became a problem because of the choice of Falmer, other choices wouldnt have been a problem.

DK brought us back to Brighton because he had no choice as no other club would allow us to use their ground. Most other consortiums only envisaged being at another ground for 3 years. Granted nobody could have foreseen Falmers legal challenges.

It would have been fool hardy for anybody to have given Archer money before being allowed a look at the books. If you remember Gordon Lucking wanted to invest money in the club some years earlier but he again was refused access to the books so put the money into Palace and they bought Nigel Martin with some of it.

All those other consortiums are now water under the bridge and we look to DK to bring us Falmer but that does not make him beyond reproach and answering questions. We must remember that when he took over he said he would run an open club and that no 1 man would ever run the club again and it is on those statements that he will continually be judged.

Words fail me. They absolutely fail me.

Every one of those paragraphs is flawed.

Do you need me to put you right from your casual re-writing of history, or are you going to blunder on in spectacular ignorance?

Last edited:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Giraffe is so right.
I am sick of the statement, We owe so much to Knight for saving the club,that was over ten years ago and we are now close to being relegated to Div2.Well thanks Dick,THANKS A LOT.
When he realised he could no longer fund a decent team he should have stood down but his ego prevented him from doing so.Archer is the worst chairman the club have had but the longer Knight continues in office the closer he will be to challenging for that position.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Giraffe is so right.
I am sick of the statement, We owe so much to Knight for saving the club,that was over ten years ago and we are now close to being relegated to Div2.Well thanks Dick,THANKS A LOT.
When he realised he could no longer fund a decent team he should have stood down but his ego prevented him from doing so.Archer is the worst chairman the club have had but the longer Knight continues in office the closer he will be to challenging for that position.

you are talking out your arse.

that is all.

D

Deleted member 2719

If we don't get 3 points today maybe the fans that are looking at Knight with an unbiased view maybe will just turn on him.

We all know to well he has a small bunch of groupies who will believe every word that he say's, i am not sure if they are stuck in a rut or just like to say that they are pals with the chairman of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Come on guys get real Knight can't have double standards credit for Promotions and then take no blame for the dramatic demise in just one season, which he started unnecessarily.

At the end of the day it will be the majority of fans who will decide his fate which i suspect isn't that far away.If i was the board i would be moving him upstairs and searching for their new man and fast before we have no fans to put into Falmer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Archer is the worst chairman the club have had but the longer Knight continues in office the closer he will be to challenging for that position.

To even put Knight and Archer in the same sentence is an act of spectacular bellendishness.

The board have saved the club EVERY SINGLE YEAR since 1997 by digging into their pockets. As much as I am wary about the Blooms, given their reputation, they deserve some credit for sticking their hands in their pockets to subsidise the club to the tune of £15million SINCE '97.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Prove how I am a liar

The only person we ever hear from within this club is Knight and anyone that leaves this club has to sign shut up clauses - How many people leave this club and ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH - none because that prick makes them sign shut up clauses FACT!!
This wouldn't surprise me as all the managers that where good soon left and hardly said a word about us after which is strange.

The sooner people see through knight the better:whisky:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
ALAN

Great post:thumbsup:
Its great how so many arse lickers protect knight on here,guess old dick needs some support.???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here