Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should knight face the music...

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You are a proven, self confessed liar. End of story.

Prove how I am a liar

The only person we ever hear from within this club is Knight and anyone that leaves this club has to sign shut up clauses - How many people leave this club and ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH - none because that prick makes them sign shut up clauses FACT!!

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
How many people leave this club and ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH - none because that prick makes them sign shut up clauses FACT!!

Are you therefore saying that George O'Callaghan, that well known gambler and occasional football player, was LYING when he criticised DK last season?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Prove how I am a liar

The only person we ever hear from within this club is Knight and anyone that leaves this club has to sign shut up clauses - How many people leave this club and ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH - none because that prick makes them sign shut up clauses FACT!!

Quite simple - you posted using your husband's account, lied about it then confessed when confronted with the IP addresses.

I repeat - YOU ARE A LIAR.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
well Knight will not be on the phone in for the rest of the season.

Unless of course we stay up and I expect him to be on after Stockport???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
well Knight will not be on the phone in for the rest of the season.

Unless of course we stay up and I expect him to be on after Stockport???

According to one of the SCR boys at Scunthorpe on Saturday there is a very good chance the phone in will be SCRAPPED at the end of the season :down:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't help feeling you've slightly contradicted yourself there.

He was a chairman who gave our best times, correct. But at what cost? If he was a fantastic chairman - and chairmen have a certain shelf life - should he have gone earlier? However, even if he had left, say, two years before he did, he still would have left a legacy of enormous debt and backlog. And Bamber made sure he was paid back. Can't see that happening with Dick - at least no for another five years minimum.

And while we know chairmen are supposed to have egos - and arguably the best ones have the biggest ones - Knight can't hold a candle to Bamber's.

I think it also slightly a folly to compare Bamber with Knight. The circumstances with which they inherited/took over the club are totally different. Bamber had a platform of mediocrity to work with and his money made a difference - Knight had virtually nothing, and his money (and others' of course) has disappeared down a black hole.

Hypothetically comparing the two if they had had similar working scenarios, now that would be quite an interesting debate.

Under other circumstances, I think Knight's tenure would be now considered too long. However, until Falmer is delivered, I don't think anyone else wants the job anyway. At least, not the unpaid job that it is.

Nail head Alan :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to one of the SCR boys at Scunthorpe on Saturday there is a very good chance the phone in will be SCRAPPED at the end of the season :down:

That's sad. Perhaps instead of cancelling it, they could move it to say sunday morning or monday afternoon or something. I think a lot of where the problems of the show lie is with the heightened emotions after a match. Was it "lickergater" or "windowgate" or whatever, was a outburst of emotions in response to the immediate disappointment of the match, that probably wouldn't have occurred if they'd waited a while before doing the show.

It would also allow for more digestion of events, a chance for everyone to catch highlights etc. so a more considered discussion occurs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now is not the time to point the finger. We're in a relegation dogfight and if we survive then we'll be in the same position as when we finished 7th on the last day of last season, i.e in League 1 for another season.

I think we would certainly have a vastly changed squad, as Wendy got rid of a lot of players at the end of last season. Rumour (not fact) was that Murray would have left in the summer as he didn't get on with Wilkins, so that would have been one more change.

I am confident that with Wilkins in charge we would have finished somewhere between 1st and 24 th this season.

Firstly, I doubt the squad would have had wholesale changes - thus continuing the upward trend since his management began. He was nurturing players' talents, that's what he was good at before as well.

Adams had made us look so poor, that many here believe there's been a sea-change in the division! "It's so amazingly good, that our much improved squad are struggling!" :nono:

The "lot of players" that Wilkins got rid of at the end of season.... you mean Kerry, Guy (retired), OGH, and Paul Reid? Who else was there??

That about Murray - where does that come from? A fair few fans are critical of him, and he wanted to leave us last January too - so would it have been a mistake to sell him - say, before we went down a division ffs!
Compare your own notes eh? What will this apparent want-away player be worth on the market when the boot-fare begins?
You might recall how Zamora went from £6 mil down to £1.5 according to our league position, and a very short period of time passing. Whereas as a successful concern we might get a profit on a proven scorer, now we might be lucky to get back what we paid.

I'm not happy about this at all. So the money-men take a karmic hit in their pockets - but that's our club they are still taking a hit with. That'll mean we have to pick the club up from scratch again, sans the loanees and several discomforted (with playing at a lower level) players.

:wozza:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's sad. Perhaps instead of cancelling it, they could move it to say sunday morning or monday afternoon or something. I think a lot of where the problems of the show lie is with the heightened emotions after a match. Was it "lickergater" or "windowgate" or whatever, was a outburst of emotions in response to the immediate disappointment of the match, that probably wouldn't have occurred if they'd waited a while before doing the show.

It would also allow for more digestion of events, a chance for everyone to catch highlights etc. so a more considered discussion occurs.

If you take the emotion out of the phone in it will be even more Doris' from Worthing phoning about that nice Jake Robinson's haircut.

Lickergate had 0% to do with the callers, as the comments were made by the presenters during a particularly dull JPT game at Withers, and 100% to do with a comment being blown out of proportion by some members of a website whose name escapes me at present........

Now is not the time to point the finger. We're in a relegation dogfight and if we survive then we'll be in the same position as when we finished 7th on the last day of last season, i.e in League 1 for another season.

Sentiments - worthy, but there'll always be finger-pointing.
While events on the field are suffered by paying punters, the reactions in my opinion have been relatively subdued! People are mostly leaving early, quietly frustrated and wagging their heads in silent disbelief.

So here's NSC, a fan's forum and people can speak their minds.
Do you seriously suggest we keep schtum on here as well?

Well at least we know THIS thread won't get pinned on the board's wall!!

Great! Then another radio station (say, one on North Street for example) can seize the opportunity and take up the option.
I already suggested it to them, and they could hire Ian Hart, a seasoned excellent presenter to really keep the fans switching stations.

Freedom of speech, and freedom of the airwaves for competition - refreshing!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you take the emotion out of the phone in it will be even more Doris' from Worthing phoning about that nice Jake Robinson's haircut.

It would lose a spark, but it would gain composure, and perhaps a better level of debate.

Lickergate had 0% to do with the callers, as the comments were made by the presenters during a particularly dull JPT game at Withers, and 100% to do with a comment being blown out of proportion by some members of a website whose name escapes me at present........

Weren't their comments in reaction to the previous shows' negative calls, people constantly coming in complaining (in immediate reaction to the crap we've had to suffer). Which is what I mean, if people aren't calling in straight after the game with het up emotions, they won't provide the constant barrage of negativity that Harty over-reacts to (or phones in drunk to complain about).

I guess you would also lose a lot of the strongly held opinions. But it would be better than no phone in, right?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It would lose a spark, but it would gain composure, and perhaps a better level of debate.

Most people have better things to do, it would lose 90% of the audience as most people listen on their way back from the match, or after listening to the match on SCR. The BBC will use the lack of listening figures as another excuse to pull it.

Weren't their comments in reaction to the previous shows' negative calls, people constantly coming in complaining (in immediate reaction to the crap we've had to suffer).

I think the comments were in response to someone on NSC suggesting tat ALAN BALL takes over from Adams as manager, rather than a caller

Which is what I mean, if people aren't calling in straight after the game with het up emotions, they won't provide the constant barrage of negativity that Harty over-reacts to (or phones in drunk to complain about).

I guess you would also lose a lot of the strongly held opinions. But it would be better than no phone in, right?

I'm not convinced by that. NSC has proven that you can be negative about the club 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, so delaying the phone in would not address this..............IMO of course.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
One thing i think everyone needs to think about is IF Dean had so many issues with players as has been said - Why did they offer him the coachs job ?? i would suggest that there no issues just more PR bulls**t from Dick:rant:

Because they knew he'd turn it down?

Because they knew he'd turn it down?

PurLEASE!
These kind of games are imaginary, and not worthy of any professional men's time and effort. To suggest such a thing would be to intimate that this club is riddled with corrupt, surrogate thinking.

Dean Wilkins was perhaps seen to have let the BOARD down as a manager, but not the players. They (apart from a couple of those he'd let go, maybe) must have been quite alright with Wilkins, otherwise (as suggested) he wouldn't have been allocated ANY position still within the club.
Nope, only the board were disappointed in Wilkins, and in my opinion - they are the ones who acted selfishly (and I'm not saying they were selling fish) and single-mindedly.
It all just simply back-fired on them.

The victims of the decision are actually the die-hard fans and season-ticket holders....at the moment. See who will be victims when the ticket-renewals fade, and crowds diminish - especially if we go down and we lose our best players in the bargain. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here