Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SheepShaggerGate

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Well played Bozza.

What frightens me is the number of people prepared to immediately condemn the Albion, and certain of its employees.

And that's after previous idiotic wind-ups from Sid - eg. the Murray / bottle fiasco.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If they do, is there not a possibility Bozza could be caught up in it...?

Depends how the terms and conditions are worded to post on here I should imagine. Only way he'd get caught up I would think is to provide information such as IP, email, usual stuff.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
If they do, is there not a possibility Bozza could be caught up in it...?
I wouldn't have thought so, he put the brakes on the thread as soon as he was armed with the info from the club. Not only that, but I am sure we are all liable for our postings personally. Why should what we think incriminate Bozza, when he is not responsible for what people post.

Sep 1, 2011
ip address means nothing

why would bozza need to provide sids email

he is hardly going to get arrested ffs lol

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
the thing is most people called "bullshit" very early on...i personally could tell it was bullshit as sid just seems like a 100% bullshitter, so i ignored it, can't really see why anyone thought it was true

anyway, i hope the club sue him for defamation- that WOULD be funny

Also surprised at the number of people who believed it despite so many glaring discrepancies in the story and that's not even taking into account his posting history

Oct 25, 2003
i'm going to consult my media law books, but i've not known of a message board owner to be sued for defamation due to the postings of one of his flock

the one case study i can think of is when the (i think sheffield wednesday) chairman sued for defamation due to posts on the bbc message board....the people that ran it were forced to release IP addresses etc. but i think only the posters were sued....not the owners

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ip address means nothing

why would bozza need to provide sids email

he is hardly going to get arrested ffs lol

If there was a credible legal threat that threatened the wellbeing of myself and my family I would comply with any request to help identify the person responsible for actions undertaken on NSC. I'm not going to carry the can for the idiotic actions of an individual.

There is more than enough from Sid's postings on NSC for him to be easily identified and found.

However, I have never done this in 10 years or so of running NSC.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think of NSC as performing something of a constructive opposition role with the club, in as much is it applauds when the club gets it right (as it does most of the time, IMHO) but offer criticism when it does something some disagree with.

By doing this wind up he has reduced the likelihood that any ideas or criticism coming from NSC will be entertained seriously by the club. On top of this naming a club official directly is bang out of order.

I might be showing my age but the Police being made aware and possibly investigating, however briefly, is a waste of a tax payees money.

A ban would almost be irrelevant as the poster is a busted flush now but a written apology to the club would seem to be in order.

Sep 1, 2011
If there was a credible legal threat that threatened the wellbeing of myself and my family I would comply with any request to help identify the person responsible for actions undertaken on NSC. I'm not going to carry the can for the idiotic actions of an individual.

There is more than enough from Sid's postings on NSC for him to be easily identified and found.

However, I have never done this in 10 years or so of running NSC.

Do you really think this is going to happen? serious question

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
i'm going to consult my media law books, but i've not known of a message board owner to be sued for defamation due to the postings of one of his flock

the one case study i can think of is when the (i think sheffield wednesday) chairman sued for defamation due to posts on the bbc message board....the people that ran it were forced to release IP addresses etc. but i think only the posters were sued....not the owners

This.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
:bowdown:

Southern Sid, NSC Legend, and all time TOP fisherman.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Free Speech? ......... Not on NSC. Can't believe he has been banned. Was a f*cking joke. Some people need to get a sense of humour. Too many jobsworths on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here