aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why are people falling for Sid's secondary bullshit on this bet??
I must admit that's made me laugh. Sid comes on here and said it was all bollocks yesterday and he was lying through his teeth (which most of us guessed). Now he says he did it 'for a bet' (and he only said that once he'd been finally sussed) - and people still believe him!

Was it Abraham Lincoln who said you can fool some of the people all of the time?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
1. I was set a bet by a poster off here (whom will remain nameless) , the task was if i get over 200 replies in a 12 hour period i would recieive £1 for every post over that. So thanks lads n lasses i have won £347 for this little bet that was going on. I hope the person is good to there word cos im skint this month.:thumbsup:

Used to think you were ok mate, but once a liar, always a liar. You've had a lot of time to come up with this one and it still ain't convincing. Although I'm glad I wasn't caught out I still think you are totally out of order.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A nice letter to Richard Hebbard apologising for dragging his name through the mud would be suitable.

yes, it was a joke. But it cased MANY people plus yourself to fill the thread with many defamatory things about Mr Hebbard when the whole situation was fictional.

Not fair really.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does this incident reflect badly on NSC? I don't think so...

1. NSC is an open forum for discussion. If NSC didn't exist, the same discussions would happen elsewhere. The fact is that, unlike other clubs where discussion is fractured between several sites, NSC pretty much is THE single source for Albion discussion.

2. The nature of the beast is that NSC has no official editorial line (other than pro-Apple, obviously). However, what joins most NSC users together is support for the Albion. Support. For. The. Albion. We all want the best for the Albion. However, that doesn't mean people won't be critical where they believe it is merited. I will never advocate censorship of club criticism on NSC. Before I became NSC's "owner" (and I use the term loosely) there was one well documented case where anti-club discussion was repeatedly removed from NSC. That will never happen as long as I'm here.

Again, the nature of the beast is such that when people aren't constructive in their approach they will nearly always be shouted down by right-minded members who offer intelligent well-reasoned debate. Trollish members soon begin to look very silly.

3. I have a very good relationship with some of those at the club. As such, they know I can be contacted as and when and if the club do not want to correct a point directly themselves, I am happy to pass on any rebuttal, which is pretty much what happened yesterday evening. I will always make clear that I am doing this and never present the words or views as being my own.

So, looking back at this incident...

1. An idiot makes something up.
2. Some are taken in by this and express outrage if it is true.
3. The club contacted me to tell me that it was all made up.
4. I passed that message onto NSC.
5. Almost universally NSC members agree that the user was acting like an idiot.
6. The user is no longer welcome on NSC.

I guess one thing I've taken from it is that there is still, in some quarters, a belief that the club are against the fans to some degree. Is that really the case? Those that believe this really need to consider the lengths the club have gone to to promote a positive atmosphere at the Amex, the friendly and easy going stewarding and they should also listen to Richard Hebbard's common sense approach on this week's Albion Roar.

Things really have never been better.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Does this incident reflect badly on NSC? I don't think so...

1. NSC is an open forum for discussion. If NSC didn't exist, the same discussions would happen elsewhere. The fact is that, unlike other clubs where discussion is fractured between several sites, NSC pretty much is THE single source for Albion discussion.

2. The nature of the beast is that NSC has no official editorial line (other than pro-Apple, obviously). However, what joins most NSC users together is support for the Albion. Support. For. The. Albion. We all want the best for the Albion. However, that doesn't mean people won't be critical where they believe it is merited. I will never advocate censorship of club criticism on NSC. Before I became NSC's "owner" (and I use the term loosely) there was one well documented case where anti-club discussion was repeatedly removed from NSC. That will never happen as long as I'm here.

Again, the nature of the beast is such that when people aren't constructive in their approach they will nearly always be shouted down by right-minded members who offer intelligent well-reasoned debate. Trollish members soon begin to look very silly.

3. I have a very good relationship with some of those at the club. As such, they know I can be contacted as and when and if the club do not want to correct a point directly themselves, I am happy to pass on any rebuttal, which is pretty much what happened yesterday evening. I will always make clear that I am doing this and never present the words or views as being my own.

So, looking back at this incident...

1. An idiot makes something up.
2. Some are taken in by this and express outrage if it is true.
3. The club contacted me to tell me that it was all made up.
4. I passed that message onto NSC.
5. Almost universally NSC members agree that the user was acting like an idiot.
6. The user is no longer welcome on NSC.

I guess one thing I've taken from it is that there is still, in some quarters, a belief that the club are against the fans to some degree. Is that really the case? Those that believe this really need to consider the lengths the club have gone to to promote a positive atmosphere at the Amex, the friendly and easy going stewarding and they should also listen to Richard Hebbard's common sense approach on this week's Albion Roar.

Things really have never been better.

Perfectly put :albion2: no more needs saying!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thanks Bozza. There was only one outcome after yesterday's binfest.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:bowdown: to Southern Sid for the :drama: and making NSC :rave: , top :fishing:
Is Champagne Charles going to pay up :ohmy:

Oct 25, 2003
the thing is most people called "bullshit" very early on...i personally could tell it was bullshit as sid just seems like a 100% bullshitter, so i ignored it, can't really see why anyone thought it was true

anyway, i hope the club sue him for defamation- that WOULD be funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here