Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SheepShaggerGate

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Free Speech? ......... Not on NSC. Can't believe he has been banned. Was a f*cking joke. Some people need to get a sense of humour. Too many jobsworths on here

NSC has never professed to offer users complete freedom of speech. If you want that, please look elsewhere.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Free Speech? ......... Not on NSC. Can't believe he has been banned. Was a f*cking joke. Some people need to get a sense of humour. Too many jobsworths on here

I don't know what you do for a living but would you be happy if someone posted lies about you on a forum frequented by a fair chunk of your customers?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

There is a MASSIVE different between free speech, an amusing wind-up thread and what Sid did. Naming specific individuals at the club and making up lies about the manner in which they are doing their job and the decisions they take is neither free speech or an amusing wind-up, IMHO.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Are you serious? There is no free speech on this forum? You need to get your priorities right regarding this particular corner of the internet world. 'Free speech' in this instance was downright lies dressed up as a wind up. Possibly damaging towards the relations of the club and NSC, turning posters against the club in moments of madness, and pretty much libellous. 'Free speech' has it's boundaries.

Jan 30, 2008
i'm going to consult my media law books, but i've not known of a message board owner to be sued for defamation due to the postings of one of his flock

the one case study i can think of is when the (i think sheffield wednesday) chairman sued for defamation due to posts on the bbc message board....the people that ran it were forced to release IP addresses etc. but i think only the posters were sued....not the owners
bbc = sheff united :wink:

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield

NSC has never really been one for free speech - have you not seen the recent grumblings about bannings that have seemingly been slipped under the carpet as they have never been mentioned in moderating decisions?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I can, and good riddence. Wasn't funny and looks bad for NSC, and if it borders on defamation, I'm quite happy for him to be sued, personally.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
No, the club did call me at about 6:15 last night.

I think you've been a complete and utter arse. In an age where things have never been better for the Albion, where the club have worked tirelessly (and successfully) to try and ensure the Amex atmosphere is as good as possible - for you to come on here and suggest otherwise is mischievous at best, and vindictive at worst.

Have you considered the other aspects of your actions? If the club, and specifically Richard Hebbard, want to come after you for defamation I imagine they'd have a very, very good case. You told lie after lie about named individuals. You'd be completely and absolutely stuffed. Not to mention, of course, that I doubt very much that the Albion want you at the Amex any more after this, and I can't blame them.

OTT....... Can't believe the fuss this has caused. Yeh Sid was a bit of a wally. But for him to be banned from here and the Amex would be stupid. Nobody has been hurt so why the massive anti Sid stance. Is fishing a ban-able offence now?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can't be ar5sed to read this whole thread as well, but is there a chance that everyone is over-reacting slightly, perhaps as a result of hurt pride about biting.

This was just a bit of :fishing: that got a lot of people to bite.

Yeah, it would have been hugely embarrassing if it had continued to the point of the protest at the Hull game that did get mentioned, but it didn't. Order has been restored, egg has been wiped from faces, and we move on don't we. Sid has burnt his bridges regarding spoof threads, but hats off to the guy, he was driven and committed to his story, and that drew a lot of people in.

If we dish out life bans for making things up, then this place could be full of :tumbleweed: by the end of the month.

Well played Sid, you hooked a whole load of people. No harm done, is there?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I can't be ar5sed to read this whole thread as well, but is there a chance that everyone is over-reacting slightly, perhaps as a result of hurt pride about biting.

This was just a bit of :fishing: that got a lot of people to bite.

Yeah, it would have been hugely embarrassing if it had continued to the point of the protest at the Hull game that did get mentioned, but it didn't. Order has been restored, egg has been wiped from faces, and we move on don't we. Sid has burnt his bridges regarding spoof threads, but hats off to the guy, he was driven and committed to his story, and that drew a lot of people in.

If we dish out life bans for making things up, then this place could be full of :tumbleweed: by the end of the month.

Well played Sid, you hooked a whole load of people. No harm done, is there?

This

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Nobody has been hurt so why the massive anti Sid stance. Is fishing a ban-able offence now?

The reputation of NSC with the club has probably been hurt. How are they to take us seriously, as a benchmark of fans' opinions, if as a forum we are stirring made-up shit about the club? Secondly, Richard Hebbard's reputation has been damaged in my opinion.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
OTT....... Can't believe the fuss this has caused. Yeh Sid was a bit of a wally. But for him to be banned from here and the Amex would be stupid. Nobody has been hurt so why the massive anti Sid stance. Is fishing a ban-able offence now?

The club is a business. Sid's antics may have tarnished the business a little and that could be deemed as hurting the business. So yes, he has hurt something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here