Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane McFaul agrees to sign for the Albion

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A good promising signing for sure. We need a little more though.

Also looking at it from the perspective of the floating fan, will this excite them? Will they rush to Withdean now? Sorry can't see it happening yet.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well, I for one am very pleased about this. Could be a steal, could be shithouse, but worth a go in a position where we need cover. Well done DL and DW. Keep it up.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Also looking at it from the perspective of the floating fan, will this excite them? Will they rush to Withdean now? Sorry can't see it happening yet.

Unfortunately, we missed out on Anelka. Chelsea outbid us :nono:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

The only thing that would get people rushing to Withdean is if it were to host a Premiership side; become Falmer; or have prices set at £10 (see Gillingham game).

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
People would moan if we signed no1, people moan now we've signed someone, people moan because we havn't given him a long enough contract incase he turns out to be amazing, well all I can say is, remember the Molango situation, a 3 year deal we offered him then we couldnt wait to get rid of him

People moan when they hear the club have signed a player from a non-proffesional club!! especially as this has been done before with the likes of Elder,Loft and Revell, players who are'nt league 1 quality. Then we moan when we get are free transfers like Molango(crap) Santos(crap). But i do remember cheers of joy when money had been spent while at the Withdean like Cullip, Zamora,Forster,Brooker Kuipers and the rest of Micky Adams signings!!
Why is it now we are a Div up, nearer to Falmer and now looking at players who are rejects for teams in are league or below when back then we bought alot of players who had regular football on their C.V or had been at a team higher than us(Zamora)
I think Dick is just trying to plz the crowd cheaply without any real effort to improve the starting 11, like last season! If Dick wants fans to start comming back then he needs to change his view on the clubs ambitions while we're at the Withdean. Just tell us Dick! are we just watching a club that dosent care about their league position untill we move to Falmer hence all the cheap signings and appointing a youth Manager as club Manager(one thing i atually am glad about) or are you really as tight as alot of fans make out hence the price of Tickets

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
People moan when they hear the club have signed a player from a non-proffesional club!! especially as this has been done before with the likes of Elder,Loft and Revell, players who are'nt league 1 quality. Then we moan when we get are free transfers like Molango(crap) Santos(crap). But i do remember cheers of joy when money had been spent while at the Withdean like Cullip, Zamora,Forster,Brooker Kuipers and the rest of Micky Adams signings!!
Why is it now we are a Div up, nearer to Falmer and now looking at players who are rejects for teams in are league or below when back then we bought alot of players who had regular football on their C.V or had been at a team higher than us(Zamora)
I think Dick is just trying to plz the crowd cheaply without any real effort to improve the starting 11, like last season! If Dick wants fans to start comming back then he needs to change his view on the clubs ambitions while we're at the Withdean. Just tell us Dick! are we just watching a club that dosent care about their league position untill we move to Falmer hence all the cheap signings and appointing a youth Manager as club Manager(one thing i atually am glad about) or are you really as tight as alot of fans make out hence the price of Tickets

All this really does leave me scratching my head. We don't have any money. If we spend lots of money on credit like an 18 year old trollope with a Top Shop Club Card we will end up like Luton and Swindon, or worst case scenario go out of business. We all end up without a footbal club for the sake of watching a few fancy dans swan around for a season or two when they know that they don't have any realistic long term future at the club as it's bust it's guts to pa yfor them. Is it really that hard to fathom?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
good luck to him, he will need it

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Look, it all boils down to one thing and one thing only...
£
...and we don't have enough at present to buy the quality players that some people on here feel we should. As a result we have to buy cheap (or free) with the hope that they come good and either they go up with us or we sell them at a later date for a reasonable profit. It not a question of choice, just simple economics.
If anyone here was prepared to donate £15million.01p to the club for Anelka then they should have done so yesterday.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The only other McFaul I remember was Iam McFaul, (which I always thought should be Ian). He was a keeper at Newcastle back in the day.

Also, I once got my leg over in Virginia Beach.

Time for a cuppa methinks.

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
All this really does leave me scratching my head. We don't have any money. If we spend lots of money on credit like an 18 year old trollope with a Top Shop Club Card we will end up like Luton and Swindon, or worst case scenario go out of business. We all end up without a footbal club for the sake of watching a few fancy dans swan around for a season or two when they know that they don't have any realistic long term future at the club as it's bust it's guts to pa yfor them. Is it really that hard to fathom?

How did we manage to get to the Championship? who says a club like ours cant keep hold of experience? I never mentioned buying an England U21 but just feel the need for a cool head in the team! Have you actually watched Brighton this season? Do you really think we need another young gun in the team? and if they do make it like you say their just gonna get snatched up by a richer club!!! so why not buy quality rather than potential if potenial is never reached at the Withdean!!
If we could reach the Championship imagine the quality we could attract on loan eg Sidwell,Mcshane etc and the freebies we could come up with(Seb Carole). ts not alot to ask is it when we were only there 2 seasons ago!! and with a stadium like ours its proven it can be done(crewe).Ambition is the key to success in football!! When Dick has shown it reults have come well!!!

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Well, I for one am very pleased about this. Could be a steal, could be shithouse, but worth a go in a position where we need cover. Well done DL and DW. Keep it up.

Agreed. Now lets get behind him instead of moaning that he's a crap, "nobody" player.

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
Look, it all boils down to one thing and one thing only...
£
...and we don't have enough at present to buy the quality players that some people on here feel we should. As a result we have to buy cheap (or free) with the hope that they come good and either they go up with us or we sell them at a later date for a reasonable profit. It not a question of choice, just simple economics.
If anyone here was prepared to donate £15million.01p to the club for Anelka then they should have done so yesterday.

Okay we are as skint as our sponsers! but we are not the poorest either!! i dont think there are many clubs in our league who are rolling in it with huge stadiums(Carlise) at least half the league is currently in debt and will be for along time but how do you think these clubs look to get out of it? Leyton Orient just signed Sam Oji from Birmingham on a free Huge centre back once talked about like the coles and rooneys!! how has Cheltenham ended up with probably the best player in the league Steven Gillespie? Both signings cost absolutly nothing!! isnt that what we should look at? why did Scunthorpe go up last season? have a look at the age of there back 4? dont try to tell me they spent big money when their top scorer Billy Sharpe came from Sheff United on a FREE!! Now im not having a go at Wilkins(legend) or what happened to McGhee but signings of recent have been as bad as the days of the Priestfield, We hve big clubs very close to us who obviusly realease players every season and end up at much smaller clubs!! why cant we be one of those clubs! the Withdean is to easy an excuse and money dosent come into the debate if the players free! Wages? what a veteran footballer just wanting to play football or a youngster with everything to prove after the dissapointment of a big club rejection? HHMM . To attract these players you also need a future!! last summer there was confirmation on the ground which has given us at long last a future!! but were not gonna be rich even when were at Falmer infact maybe poorer!! So what happens then!! ythe excuses are fair but im a fan who sees this club as one for the future and when should it start? now!you dont always need to spend cash to get fortune you just need to work a bit harder a find the fortune

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see what you're saying Nick Rust, and you argue your points well.
But I don't think you are fully taking into account the long, drawn out legal battle the club has recently been dragged through over the last few years (which is NOT something any of our League One rivals have had to try to cope with on top of the usual financial constraints). DK and the board are not a bottomless pit. Yes we made the Championship twice, on a relative shoestring. But the money we had in 2001 and 2003/04 in all likelihood just ain't there any more. The club is crippled by eight years playing at a council-owned municiple athletics track. YES its boring keeping on banging on about it, but the harsh reality is that this is FACT, and until that changes, or some new cash is injected, we are on an inevitable downward spiral.

Not long now though. Just stick with it another couple of years and we'll be moving in the right direction again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The only thing that would get people rushing to Withdean is if it were to host a Premiership side; become Falmer; or have prices set at £10 (see Gillingham game).

Funny how we sold out for about the first five seasons then? I think a winning team wwould get us back to those days.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Okay we are as skint as our sponsers! but we are not the poorest either!! i dont think there are many clubs in our league who are rolling in it with huge stadiums(Carlise) at least half the league is currently in debt and will be for along time but how do you think these clubs look to get out of it? Leyton Orient just signed Sam Oji from Birmingham on a free Huge centre back once talked about like the coles and rooneys!! how has Cheltenham ended up with probably the best player in the league Steven Gillespie? Both signings cost absolutly nothing!! isnt that what we should look at? why did Scunthorpe go up last season? have a look at the age of there back 4? dont try to tell me they spent big money when their top scorer Billy Sharpe came from Sheff United on a FREE!! Now im not having a go at Wilkins(legend) or what happened to McGhee but signings of recent have been as bad as the days of the Priestfield, We hve big clubs very close to us who obviusly realease players every season and end up at much smaller clubs!! why cant we be one of those clubs! the Withdean is to easy an excuse and money dosent come into the debate if the players free! Wages? what a veteran footballer just wanting to play football or a youngster with everything to prove after the dissapointment of a big club rejection? HHMM . To attract these players you also need a future!! last summer there was confirmation on the ground which has given us at long last a future!! but were not gonna be rich even when were at Falmer infact maybe poorer!! So what happens then!! ythe excuses are fair but im a fan who sees this club as one for the future and when should it start? now!you dont always need to spend cash to get fortune you just need to work a bit harder a find the fortune

Top post :clap2:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
happy ndew year to all the seagulls

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Funny how we sold out for about the first five seasons then? I think a winning team wwould get us back to those days.
Agreed, but that is the problem everyone wants to see solved, to which the only answer appears to be more cash spent well on players, and which is why there is so much agonising here every time we don't win. If we had umpteen £million we wouldn't be in this predicament, but we don't and we are. As Mr Knight et al doesn't have the odd £100 million to throw at BHA, what do you expect. The Board can only do the best with what is available.

However at least we have some integrity, unlike Leeds

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I am talking about now though. Either we need to sign a Zamora type figure (easier said than done) or erode the apathy of spending eleven seasons without a permanent home.

On a side note, do I have a selective memory? The outstanding memory of the early seasons is sunshine. I don't remember barbaric weather conditions, which presumably has something to do with the feel good factor of being back in Brighton and having a Premiership striker in the bottom league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here