Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane McFaul agrees to sign for the Albion

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
On a side note, do I have a selective memory? The outstanding memory of the early seasons is sunshine. I don't remember barbaric weather conditions, which presumably has something to do with the feel good factor of being back in Brighton and having a Premiership striker in the bottom league.

selective memory im afraid!

rochdale, bury, cardiff are three i can think of without even trying. it seemed to always rain at withdean, yet because we were a good team that was winning playing good football, it wasnt so much of an issue

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Ah yes, Rochdale. Was that the 4-3 defeat that was destined to be a 0-0 on paper?

it was - cullip came on and played part of the game up front as well if memory serves me correctly - think he even scored

there were some LUDICROUSLY wet games back then, more so than now - yet with a team playing well, it didnt get a quarter of the amount of moaning it does at the minute

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am pretty sure Aspinall scored off his arse.

You are right. The years have mellowed the trauma. One particular occasion, I remember sitting in the North Stand, just before I was off to Uni, and thought how great the place looked with co-ordinated blue and white ponchos through out the South stand.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Warren Aspinall - what a LEGEND. The only man fatter than me to play for the albion. Superb stuff.

BoF, I think you'll find the goalkeeper came out, dropped the 'catch' and our Warren expertly took control, picked his spot, and found the unguarded net with a composure you can expect from an ex-Carlisle United player. HERO. Please give him the CREDIT he deserves for that masterpiece, rather than "it came off his arse."

ill never forget when warren absolutely RAPED our team with a stunning run that saw him beat abou 8 of our players before slotting past mark ormerod at the goldstone in a 3-1 win for carlisle

at was at that moment i aspired to become as big as warren

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:laugh: My abiding memory of Warren was running into the penalty area and falling over, right in front of the South Stand. Perhaps the ANSWER to our attendance problems could be fixed with an Aspinall or Stant type figurehead.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
miserable bunch of fuckers you are.
Its moan moan moan when no signings arrive, then when we DO get someone in its never bloody good enough is it. What are you expecting ? We're on skid row, we have no cash. This is the kind of signings we make - hopefully we'll uncover a gem, maybe he'll settle here and thrive under Wilkins as quite a few of our youngsters have. And if it turns out he's too good for us and moves on in the summer - SO WHAT ? We'll get half season out of him and hopefully he'll help provide a few good moments and some good results. If he's utter gash, then we're no worse off then we were this time yesterday.

But why not at LEAST give him a chance before we all start moaning about what a SHIT signing he supposedly is. Sheesh.

Well said that man. :)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You mean like this

Search.aspx

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
miserable bunch of fuckers you are.
Its moan moan moan when no signings arrive, then when we DO get someone in its never bloody good enough is it. What are you expecting ? We're on skid row, we have no cash. This is the kind of signings we make - hopefully we'll uncover a gem, maybe he'll settle here and thrive under Wilkins as quite a few of our youngsters have. And if it turns out he's too good for us and moves on in the summer - SO WHAT ? We'll get half season out of him and hopefully he'll help provide a few good moments and some good results. If he's utter gash, then we're no worse off then we were this time yesterday.

But why not at LEAST give him a chance before we all start moaning about what a SHIT signing he supposedly is. Sheesh.

I dont think you realise what fans will be moaning about! sounds like you werent listening to the phone-in after the Mansfield game where Dick Knight said he was looking at 5 GOOD players whom would suprise us all !! I'm suprised he thinks someone who works part-time at ASDA is considered a good footballer and a suprise transfer!, why couldnt he of just been honest and said "i'm skint so dont expect any suprise signings and just be happy with what we got and the hope one day we find a gem from some non-league club for nothing" thats how you avoid a moan, Honesty is whats caused the problem!!
I like your good spirit and full backing of the club in hope McFaul dosent end up being another flop non-league signing ! keep the faith!!and hope for the best!!

Last edited:

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
Warren Aspinall has turned down a knew approach from Brighton because of his dedication to his profession, Aspinall now a full-time model for Ralph-Lauren stated "look guys its embarrising they even found my number and agent!,i personally thought it was a prank call espcially as i was at the time posing with just a leaf around my balls!, I cant go back because of my image and reputation! Brighton is a sexy place for any male model but my heart tells me to stay with my agent Leon Knight and keep my talent in full swing(looks)"
Later Wilkins was asked about the transfer but almost replied by knocking the reporter out after the Swansea game , Aspinall had actually chose a different transfer, the Transfer was actually a penis transplant ! Leon Knight had guided hes career expertly through experience of his own! It seems these are the type of transfers Brighton will have to go for the way things are going but you never know!! Will Brighton flop with their next transfer? find out nxt week with 98% of are stories true!!
THE SUN

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Check out those sideburns! Only a FLAIR GENIUS could get away with those:bowdown:

f*** me - obviously when he was here i was not man enough to bat an eyelid at them. but they are absolutely superb

best piece of business this club ever did - getting rid of andy arnott for warren

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Some people here are complaining that we have only given a short contract to this new guy. I for one don't actually mind - so what if he wants to use us as a 'springboard' to a bigger club... I would prefer that we benefitted from a few months of his service that any other club in league one.

Or... we might have only offered him a short contract because there is a possibility that he may not live up to league one football - a lot of people on here would be very annoyed if we offered a long contract to an unproven player.

I for one am glad we have another option - even if it is only for a few months.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Have you actually watched Brighton this season?

Yes thanks. Whilst your patronising manner annoys beyond belief I do agree that some experience wouldn't go amiss in the current squad, but it has to be the right player. Hopefully Wendy and Dick are still working on that.

Leyton Orient just signed Sam Oji from Birmingham on a free Huge centre back once talked about like the coles and rooneys!! how has Cheltenham ended up with probably the best player in the league Steven Gillespie? Both signings cost absolutly nothing!! isnt that what we should look at?

So you're arguing that we should be signing players on a free on the day when we just signed a player on a free? A good point well made! Unfortunately, teams don't give proven 20 goal a season strikers away. Clubs gamble on players like Sharpe and every now an then it works out big time. Who is to say that that won't be the case with McFaul?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm actually quite worried we have only signed him until the end of the season. Whats the point? If he's good which presumably we think he is we;ll struggle to sign him again in the summer. Its Savage all over again. Its not putting much faith in our scouting system either.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At least we wont have to worry who's place he'll take next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here