Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane McFaul agrees to sign for the Albion

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Certainly not rubbishing him, just a shame that we are only attracting semi pros from Ireland, on very short contracts. I hope he is excellent, even if it is for just a short while.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now,a winger, that would be a great singing.

Oh, Whingers :(

BTW, anyone notice the Yeovil stadium announcer doing the teams, "And for Brighton, number 2, Andy Whinge..."

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
People seem to think that this club is run by idiots. DK has acted on his word and started to get players in. Maybe he has learnt from the Turienzo and Molango episodes and realised that we dont have the money to be gambling on big long term deals for players with "potential". He is a shrewd enough guy to know the dangers of McFaul becoming good and potentially leaving in the summer. I imagine that he would have inserted a one year option for the club into the player's contract.

I dont like the way people are rubbishing the guy before he has even signed, let alone arrived. We have a very bare sqaud indeed with the loss of O'Callaghan and so we needed a replacement. The lad's physica stats are good and he is still young. From what has been said he is a good passer of the the ball which is what we need. I say give him a chance, he could work out to be a good signing and if he is not then at least we are not stuck with him for another 2 years or something.

On the whole. Well done DK and DW, a promising start to the window. If we can get Richards in next week then that will be another step forward.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And at 6ft 2", he could be a decent goalkeeping replacement.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
People would moan if we signed no1, people moan now we've signed someone, people moan because we havn't given him a long enough contract incase he turns out to be amazing, well all I can say is, remember the Molango situation, a 3 year deal we offered him then we couldnt wait to get rid of him

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Started out in defence and then moved to midfield apparently.

"
Shane McFaul (aged 18)

Still aged just 18, McFaul has taken on the role of first-team utility man for The Magpies' this campaign.

After making his first-team bow very early on in last season, the Irish under-19 international was, like Friars, Harrad and Wilson, handed a two-year professional deal prior to this campaign.

The versatile youngster though, only really played a bit part under former boss Gary Mills, but the installation as manager of Richardson has transformed the 18-year-old into a regular within the first-team squad.

Originally playing in his prefered position of central midfield, the Irishman has filled in at right back in recent weeks and stuck to the task admirably.

An excellent passer of the ball, with McFaul now adapting to the physical nature of the game too, he could be a tremendous asset to the club."

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Lets hope he is half as good as Steve Penney who also came straight from Ireland all those yrs ago !!!!
We just have to give him games thou

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just what we need, an attacking midfielder.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
People seem to think that this club is run by idiots. DK has acted on his word and started to get players in. Maybe he has learnt from the Turienzo and Molango episodes and realised that we dont have the money to be gambling on big long term deals for players with "potential". He is a shrewd enough guy to know the dangers of McFaul becoming good and potentially leaving in the summer. I imagine that he would have inserted a one year option for the club into the player's contract.

I dont like the way people are rubbishing the guy before he has even signed, let alone arrived. We have a very bare sqaud indeed with the loss of O'Callaghan and so we needed a replacement. The lad's physica stats are good and he is still young. From what has been said he is a good passer of the the ball which is what we need. I say give him a chance, he could work out to be a good signing and if he is not then at least we are not stuck with him for another 2 years or something.

On the whole. Well done DK and DW, a promising start to the window. If we can get Richards in next week then that will be another step forward.

Oi, newbie. Stop talking sense, :rant::rant::rant:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
miserable bunch of fuckers you are.
Its moan moan moan when no signings arrive, then when we DO get someone in its never bloody good enough is it. What are you expecting ? We're on skid row, we have no cash. This is the kind of signings we make - hopefully we'll uncover a gem, maybe he'll settle here and thrive under Wilkins as quite a few of our youngsters have. And if it turns out he's too good for us and moves on in the summer - SO WHAT ? We'll get half season out of him and hopefully he'll help provide a few good moments and some good results. If he's utter gash, then we're no worse off then we were this time yesterday.

But why not at LEAST give him a chance before we all start moaning about what a SHIT signing he supposedly is. Sheesh.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I Also he is an attacking midfielder; something we have being crying out for.

How do we know this?

He could be another turnip;out of Notts County to an unknown US team,to UCD(never challenging in their league,and close to relegation),now here?

Well,let's see.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
People would moan if we signed no1, people moan now we've signed someone, people moan because we havn't given him a long enough contract incase he turns out to be amazing, well all I can say is, remember the Molango situation, a 3 year deal we offered him then we couldnt wait to get rid of him

Are you moaning about people moaning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here